Sign in to follow this  
City Till I Die

Get laudrup in! Do u agree??

We dont need long term. Just someone who can keep us up.

However, hes never going to come to norwich. Certainly not in the immediate future. So end of thread.

So:Laudrups Swansea P24 P24Hughtons Norwich P24 P24But Hughton is rubbish while Laudrup is potentially the new Messiah, the man to save us and get us playing beautiful football??Can you see how silly much of the Hootun out arguments look at times?

Hopefully Mr McNally will read and take note of Seansea chairmanship positivity: and no I am not advocating Laudrup for City, just asking that our CEO and board take similar positive action!

Jenkins added: "It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael''s long-term future with us.

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games.

"However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

"Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.''''

P24 p24 comment: You forget to mention the cup Swansea won and the fact that they are also playing in Europe this season, the delightful attacking football and much more.

Would have him in a flash!

It would appear that Laudrup''s view and the chairman''s view were at odds over how they saw the best way forward for Swansea.Its a very strange time to sack a manager for a club in their position.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]So:Laudrups Swansea P24 P24Hughtons Norwich P24 P24But Hughton is rubbish while Laudrup is potentially the new Messiah, the man to save us and get us playing beautiful football??Can you see how silly much of the Hootun out arguments look at times?

[/quote]
Not really, when style of football comes into play.
Add on top of that they''re also still in the FA Cup, and had the Europa league to contend with. Along with their last season being very good too....
But no, other than that they''re practically identical managers..

Laudrup''s team play a beautiful entertaining style of football which we could only dream off here right now. However, he, like Hughton lacks a Plan B style when Plan A isnt working.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"]So:Laudrups Swansea P24 P24Hughtons Norwich P24 P24But Hughton is rubbish while Laudrup is potentially the new Messiah, the man to save us and get us playing beautiful football??Can you see how silly much of the Hootun out arguments look at times?

[/quote]
Not really, when style of football comes into play.
Add on top of that they''re also still in the FA Cup, and had the Europa league to contend with. Along with their last season being very good too....
But no, other than that they''re practically identical managers..
[/quote]The style of football, FA Cup record, Europa League and last season are all wholly irrelevant in a relegation battle, getting to the semis of a cup wont save you,  points in the league are all that matters and the hard inconvenient fact is Laudrup isn''t any better than Hootun at getting them.

Why would you want him they sacked him because of where swansea are.if i am correct thats the same points as us. What makes you think he can help us when he cant help his own team makes no sense

Something I posted elsewhere and for Zola substitute Laudrup;

I''m not going to bleat on about getting rid of the manager, because that appear to be very unlikely, but what stuns me more than CH still having his job, is the fact the Board appear to be doing nothing to help him (I could be wrong of course).

It has been obvious to me and many others on here that we could, and perhaps should, have been doing better for a while now. We sometimes play well, in particular, against Chelsea when we looked like the team that was going to go on and win and against Man Utd. Yes I know we lost both but if we played like that every game for 90 minutes, or even 60, we would probably have picked up more points and would be relatively safe already..

So, why don''t we? I don''t have the answer but someone, somewhere, must be able to get involved and establish why and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I assume, dangerous I know, that the board must be asking the same question, time and again no doubt, but what are they doing about it?

If they have decided that the manager stays, and it appears they have, then what other support can they provide.

The obvious answers that immediately spring to mind are;

1) Employ another assistant. This doesn''t necessarlily mean getting rid of one we already have, but getting someone in, even if only to the end of the season, who can help the manager fulfill his remit. Maybe a name, someone with great credibility as a player, someone who the players will look up to, a suggestion maybe Zola, out of work until the summer at least. Not suggesting it is him but someone of that ilk. It would cost a few bob but probably well worth the investment, especially given every league position is worth an extra £1m

2) Make a marquee signing or two, although this option has gone of course

There must be other things they could do, any (sensible) suggestions?

If you read this then like me it''s probably a no.Interesting stuff.http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvF_f_vCCt8

I remember Brighton players moaning about poyet when he left.

There are always going to be "murmurs" when a manager leaves.

Poyets not done too bad. I''d drive to Wales now to get Laudrup.

Seems he didn''t see eye to eye with the chairman. That doesn''t make him a bad manager.

Did it make o''neill a bad manager for not getting along with chase?

We have a better squad than Swansea. I think he could do wonders with us.That said, no.Hoots is here till the end. I think a real proper scout and think is needed and then replace Hoots with a better candidate in the summer.

Why would he not come here, surely we are a bigger club than Swansea? Last roll of the dice, Give him a rolling contract otherwise CH will take us down.

I''m not sure Laudrup is the man to bring in for a relegation scrap.Many wanted Meulensteen here a few months back. What a disaster that would have been.

I''d fly from Sydney to Heathrow, pick-up a car drive to Wales get Laudrup and deliver him to the fortress myself.

Clueless out!!!!!

Aren''t Swansea in worse form than us?

Why is he the answer?