Sign in to follow this  
pete

Carroll suspended

If clubs agree to a system however flawed that system may be, it will only results in anarchy and turmoil if they then refuse to accept that system''s decisions because it did''nt go their way.

Oh boy....if the fa crumble on this, then this could be the end of the premier league. Every single club in the league would be holding the fa at ransom inc us. Very embarrasing for everyone involved at west ham fc. Thank god we are not in their situation.

Its clear that Carroll swung his arm in an unnatural manner,  it was not a natural flow or movement of the body and irrespective of the how firm the contact actually was there was an impact with Flores.

What valid reason can there be for that swing of the arm?     Whether it looked worse that it was or not after repeated video reviews is irrelevant for me.     Carroll swung his arm with only one objective of catching Flores,  there is no other purpose.    Webb saw it and chose to send him off - andhaving reviewed the video saw enough to enable him to stick to his stance.

The papers I have read suggest Wet Spam are unhappy that there were not able to attend in person and thats the reason they feel "due process" was incorrectly followed.     I dont beleive it is usual for a personal hearing in card appeals,   specific charges (disrepute etc CAN be heard personally, eg Anelka) so its hard to see how a mis-trial verdict can be delivered.

It stinks of a bullying petulant club throwing its weight around and I hope they fail.    I would love an additional game ban for wasting the commisions time but I dont think that is within their remit...   

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Suspension stands... what a great shame... we''ll probably still mess it up![/quote]

Not on BBC site ?

I agree that it was the right decision.

As this process reviews the decision of the ref at the time, why can a yellow card at the time not be reviewed and increased - eg Chamack (sp?) grab on Wesley''s'' neck?

Yup, correct decision.

For me, I don''t think he was really thinking about where he was going to catch him but the intent to swing his arm around like that was clear to see in his eyes and stance afterwards.

A silly billy really. West Ham have sorely missed him already this season.