Sign in to follow this  
unique

Ruddy

High time John Ruddy stepped up to the plate and started to earn Norwich valuable points in the run in.

It is no coincidence that the recent resurgence of Sunderland and West Ham owe an enormous amount to the brilliant form of Mannone and Adrian, and the colossal amount of saves they are making week to week.

There have been a number of goals in recent months when you might question ''could Ruddy have done better?'' He needs to prove over the next few months that he should be on the plane to Brazil. At this moment in time I wouldn''t personally select him for England.

It shows you what a state our international team is in. When you consider the world class keepers this country has produced, Ruddy would never ever had made international level. I totally agree with you. He is not international quality, he is only in the set up due to lack of choice.

He has never been quite the same since his bad injury and lay off. Chelsea must be pleased they did not sign him.

I just hope the Rudd will return, and make a real challenge to Ruddy.

He earned us a valuable point against Newcastle. We have 8 clean sheets this year so far.

Could you please tell me which goals you are referring too?

I can''t remember any.

Only more Norwich fans finding reasons to have a moan about our players, this whole situation is made 100x worse by so many norwich fans finding every little thing to complain about. The amount of players that are being berated for every little thing. Ruddy has been fine.

We are a PL side, not a conference side about to get relegated, about time we gained some perspective really.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]It shows you what a state our international team is in. When you consider the world class keepers this country has produced, Ruddy would never ever had made international level. I totally agree with you. He is not international quality, he is only in the set up due to lack of choice.

He has never been quite the same since his bad injury and lay off. Chelsea must be pleased they did not sign him.

I just hope the Rudd will return, and make a real challenge to Ruddy.[/quote]I''d agree with most of that. In days gone by Ruddy wouldn''t have even got a sniff of an England cap. Just yet another illustration of the dumbing down of the England team.To be fair,  I''m not sure if I blame him for Bellers'' goal .He was left horribly exposed by suicidal defending, and, without him v Newcastle we''d have been on the end of a pasting.

He didn''t earn us a valuable point against Newcastle - the inability of the Newcastle players to shoot on target, and the solidity of the woodwork, did......

The woodwork didn''t save us.

Hitting the post or bar is an off target shot, with the added bonus it could deflect in the goal or back out to a player to shoot. So no, the woodwork did us no favours as it actually makes an off target shot more likely to go in.

Ruddy did fine. Again. He didn''t make any mistakes yesterday, or against hull. Or Palace, or Fulham, Man.U. In fact I can only remember two goals that you could actually be properly concerned about how Ruddy dealt with them.

Unless your a manic depressive who has to look at everything at our club in a negative light because it''s not all perfect.

I think since dave Watson has arrived ruddy has not progressed which is strange as dave Watson is one of the best goalkeeping coaches around ?

maybe we have dave Watson the defender coaching him !

What a load of ignorant BS. Ruddy is in third place for goalkeepers in terms of points in the official Fantasy Premier League, ahead of Mignolet, Krul and Jääskeläinen. But some of out thicker posters will always look for reasons to criticise. Ruddy is world class and should be England''s number one.

England goalkeepers in the past played most of their football against British players so looked far better in the league for their respective clubs. Now they face some of the best players in Europe week in week out.

As for Bellars goal he hit it early and although it was a bit scuffed that bit of quick thinking made the difference. One on one with the keeper Bellamy is probably the best I''ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt.

I don''t think we can blame Ruddy for our defeat yesterday. Two individual errors led to the goals, neither originated with Ruddy.

With the Bellamy finish we saw his class, hit first time before the keeper had a chance to set himself. There have been a few times this season where I feel Hooper should have hit his shots first time but has been let down by a first touch.

Ruddy remains a very good keeper and you would soon miss him if Mark Bunn returned to the team.

"High time John Ruddy stepped up to the plate and started to earn Norwich valuable points in the run in.

It is no coincidence that the recent resurgence of Sunderland and West Ham owe an enormous amount to the brilliant form of Mannone and Adrian, and the colossal amount of saves they are making week to week.

There have been a number of goals in recent months when you might question ''could Ruddy have done better?'' He needs to prove over the next few months that he should be on the plane to Brazil. At this moment in time I wouldn''t personally select him for England. "

Sure, he had a very good 85 minutes....but just when you need him most.......he flaps........