Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

We wil win NO MORE GAMES this season!

But others could lose for us. By that I mean that one or two could make the kind of errors we have been making. Perhaps even an own goal?

I''m dismayed at this attitude displayed on here sometimes.

The same people who are constantly berating Hughton for his negativity and his pre match conferences, when he bigs-up the opposition, are the same people now writing off the rest of the season, especially those four last games, you are doing exactly the same thing what you accuse him of.

The last four games might spring a surprise or two, especially if you consider that the league might have already be won by May and Arsenal or Chelsea, or possibly both, might be teams with nothing to play for, with entire squads with one eye on the world cup.

And I don''t know about you but there isn''t one team below us at the moment that I would want to swap places with, even a couple above us too.

Those below us have all got to play each other too, it''s going to be a nervy few months for everyone.

Yes we''ve had some awful performances this season but that last half hour at Cardiff just showed how we can dominate some teams if it weren''t for some class goalkeeping, woodwork hitting and goal line clearing, not to mention two disallowed goals.

Like it or not, this is the squad and manager we have until at least the end of the season, there''s a long way to go still, so stop displaying the negative attitude that you always accuse Hughton of and save all these pointless polls until 4.45pm on Sunday 11th of May, because you are doing the team no good now.

West ham, stoke, Sunderland, west brom are winnable

Aston villa, Fulham and Swansea I''d say we could win but would be confident of pulling off a draw if we play well.

Southampton possibly a draw.

Spurs at home possibly a draw if they have an off day and we step up.

Of the rest I''d say it''s completely up to us to have a blinder and the other team have an off day, abit like stoke agaisnt Man U

We are long way from dead a buried, but we HAVE to play like we did against Chelsea, Man U and the last 10 minutes at Cardiff.

[quote user="birchfest"]West ham, stoke, Sunderland, west brom are winnable Aston villa, Fulham and Swansea I''d say we could win but would be confident of pulling off a draw if we play well. Southampton possibly a draw. Spurs at home possibly a draw if they have an off day and we step up. Of the rest I''d say it''s completely up to us to have a blinder and the other team have an off day, abit like stoke agaisnt Man U We are long way from dead a buried, but we HAVE to play like we did against Chelsea, Man U and the last 10 minutes at Cardiff.[/quote]

Really? We couldn''t even beat Cardiff.

Quite so, MM. It seems he doesn''t (want an argument).If you see the difference between ''so'' and ''far'' as gross misrepresentation, then I''d respectfully suggest you are keen on hyperbole as well as pedantry......

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

No, what I''m saying is that it has ALWAYS been about points and that at no point this season have we been in a position to choose style over substance.

I''m not the one changing my stance.

[/quote]Which, if you take time off from being deliberately argumentative, Warren, and take the trouble to read what I wrote, that is exactly what I said.It''s always a balancing act between style (or , if you like, entertainment) and points. Nothing new about that. It''s just at  present it''s swung more towards the points element.Teams like Newcastle and Southampton, who are to all intents and purposes safe, and with little to play for can perhaps side with the entertainment a bit more. Oh to be in that position.....

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="birchfest"]West ham, stoke, Sunderland, west brom are winnable Aston villa, Fulham and Swansea I''d say we could win but would be confident of pulling off a draw if we play well. Southampton possibly a draw. Spurs at home possibly a draw if they have an off day and we step up. Of the rest I''d say it''s completely up to us to have a blinder and the other team have an off day, abit like stoke agaisnt Man U We are long way from dead a buried, but we HAVE to play like we did against Chelsea, Man U and the last 10 minutes at Cardiff.[/quote]

Really? We couldn''t even beat Cardiff.

[/quote]If, as you seem to imply, our chances of victory can only be predicated on whether or not we beat Cardiff, how do you explain the six (count ''em) wins we have achieved so far this season? Under the same manager, I might add. Were all six teams worse than Cardiff? If so, why are they not all below Cardiff in the table?Or maybe, just maybe, it doesn''t actually work like that!

As has been pointed out on this message board before:

(1) Hughton wins games when he REALLY REALLY needs to.

(2) Norwich play better against good teams than against bad ones.

So I''m betting we just scrape 17th place!

[quote user="City1st"]

oh look children

uncle wiz is back

pretending to be someone else - this time as a Jimbo Canary

perhaps some might recall this from our favourite troll

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2427588/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

After getting my wiz account recinded I was informed by a couple of mates that this pompous fool City 1st was accusing any new poster on here of being me....so I''ve had to re-register to get the following message across to the dimwitted. 

Well maybe the old pompous bluffer can grasp this............I never hide behind anyone, ever. [^o)]

[quote user="Trowse Map"](1) Hughton wins games when he REALLY REALLY needs to. [/quote]So we really didn''t need to beat Cardiff or Fulham then because we have a string of far easier games coming up

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="City1st"]

oh look children

uncle wiz is back

pretending to be someone else - this time as a Jimbo Canary

perhaps some might recall this from our favourite troll

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2427588/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

After getting my wiz account recinded I was informed by a couple of mates that this pompous fool City 1st was accusing any new poster on here of being me....so I''ve had to re-register to get the following message across to the dimwitted. 

Well maybe the old pompous bluffer can grasp this............I never hide behind anyone, ever. [^o)]

[/quote]

I may be many things (as you are with names) but an old duffer I am not

Curious though that you should focus on my exposing your other name, when others have pointed it out before hand on here and other threads. Or that you see no coincidence in the titles of this thread and the one above.

But more curious if not astounding is your claim to have two mates - something I''m sure is one of the most extraordinary claims you have made on here. And you have posted up some real corkers .... Radio Norfolk, no roofs, the Wensum Stand, listening to On the Ball City

a couple of mates .......................................... I expect you mean Jimbo Canary and Troll-op, both of whom speak highly of you and each other

ps what is this rescinded business, surely you haven''t been banned from here as well as the Villa forum ?

After a good look and study of our remaining fixtures I''m predicting we will win NO MORE GAMES this season! Unless that is Hughton is removed by our gutless board of directors.

Have a good look yourselves and then you tell me where the wins are coming from because I can''t see any.

Sat Feb 8

Manchester City

H

Tue Feb 11

West Ham (7.45pm)

A

Sun Feb 23

Live on SkyTottenham Hotspur (4pm)

H

Sun Mar 2

Live on SkyAston Villa (4.30pm)

A

Sat Mar 8

Stoke City

H

Sat Mar 15

Southampton

A

Sat Mar 22

Sunderland

H

Sat Mar 29

Swansea City

A

Sat Apr 5

West Brom

H

Sat Apr 12

Fulham

A

Sat Apr 19

Liverpool

H

Sat Apr 26

Manchester United

A

Sat May 3

Chelsea

A

Sun May 11

Arsenal

H

[/quote]
Those long winter evenings must just fly by in your house

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

What do you think Reggie? If we stay up will we then be in a position that style matters again?

[/quote]Yet again you''ve spectacularly missed the point, Warren.  Yes, I am indeed saying that, at the moment style does not matter as much as gaining wins. And, I''m not ashamed to say it. We are in such a pickle that literally every point counts, regardless of the tactics used. I''lm astounded that you cannot see that.Of course it''s a results driven business, but under normal circumstances fans like to see a blend of results and style. The style takes second place right now.If (and it''s a big IF) we do stay up, then the summer will be the time to revisit  the style/results debate, hopefully with a fresh set of eyes.[/quote]
F*cking this^^ 
Well done Reggie, I was about to point this out. Comments like Warrens are dim and only frustrate me further with some demonstrate their lack of knowledge on WHEN something like style becomes irrelevant.  The time has passed when we had a choice for both style, and picking up points at the same time. A change was needed for this, and it was somewhere between 10 games and mid December.
Some, like me, wanted Hughton out after 10 games so we could have both. That time has passed now, and we need to pick up points to get to the summer as a Premier League team so we can reevaluate, reappoint, and progress with the main focus of implementing style into a game of football which can also mean we take points more often than not.

After a good look and study of our remaining fixtures I''m predicting we will win NO MORE GAMES this season! Unless that is Hughton is removed by our gutless board of directors.

[/quote]Great prediction.