Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

We wil win NO MORE GAMES this season!

After a good look and study of our remaining fixtures I''m predicting we will win NO MORE GAMES this season! Unless that is Hughton is removed by our gutless board of directors.

Have a good look yourselves and then you tell me where the wins are coming from because I can''t see any.

Sat Feb 8

Manchester City

H

Tue Feb 11

West Ham (7.45pm)

A

Sun Feb 23

Live on SkyTottenham Hotspur (4pm)

H

Sun Mar 2

Live on SkyAston Villa (4.30pm)

A

Sat Mar 8

Stoke City

H

Sat Mar 15

Southampton

A

Sat Mar 22

Sunderland

H

Sat Mar 29

Swansea City

A

Sat Apr 5

West Brom

H

Sat Apr 12

Fulham

A

Sat Apr 19

Liverpool

H

Sat Apr 26

Manchester United

A

Sat May 3

Chelsea

A

Sun May 11

Arsenal

H

Stoke, Sunderland and West Brom at home. We always do well against Swansea and if Caroll is suspended for West Ham then we will get a point there.

But I reckon that we will get maybe 9-10 more points.

I see 8 winnable games and a couple where we may spring a shock, I also bet you £100 that we will win another game this season.

The problem now is that 90% of us want Hughton out, whereas Palace, Sunderland fans etc are all behind the team and their new managers. And their places are rocking. We all just turn up ready to be bored of such dire negative football. A full carrow road where everyone is behind the players and managers playing attacking football is a great place to be. Not what carrow road has turned into now, and that is all hughtons doing. The sooner he has gone the better. I would genuinely take neil adams as our manager til end of the season now. Get everyone onside and all pulling in same direction.

There are games we shouldnt lose there, but I agree, very few you would look at and say ''we''ll win that''. Mind you, I havent felt like we would expect to win any game for a long time. Stoke, Sunderland and West Borm are probably our best chances, but draws are far more likely. The board obviously have confidence though as he''s still here

So if we had got Pulis in, everyone would be right behind him and the team?

After all the sh*te spouted about our brand of football and dire, negative tactics under CH, forgive me if I find the suggestion both ridiculous and hilarious in equal measure.

The difference is palace are in there 1st season back, we are in our 3rd, we wanna see a steady progression. Not saying wpuld want Pulis, didnt say that anywhere

Palace are behind their manager because he has moved them forward. We are not behind are manager, thats the point i was making

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

After all the sh*te spouted about our brand of football and dire, negative tactics under CH, forgive me if I find the suggestion both ridiculous and hilarious in equal measure.

[/quote]Completely irrelevant Warren.This club is in such a mess now that we simply cannot afford the luxury of poo-poo''ing this or that manager''s style. The time for that is long gone, I''m afraid. It''s wins we need, and frankly I don''t care how we achieve them, with what team, and with which manager.I suppose it''s unlikely that we will win NO more games this season. The question is, will we win enough, and like many others, I look at the fixture list and not many jump out at me saying ''I''m a game where Norwich is likely to get 3 points''.

Wouldn''t it be wonderful if we strung a few wins together and ended up finishing 10th. We''d be in exactly the same situation as the end of last season. Everyone moaning about how awful we are whilst we again finish the highest position in a generation!

Please, please let this happen! I''d have so much fun on here ;)

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]Wouldn''t it be wonderful if we strung a few wins together and ended up finishing 10th. We''d be in exactly the same situation as the end of last season. Everyone moaning about how awful we are whilst we again finish the highest position in a generation! Please, please let this happen! I''d have so much fun on here ;)[/quote]

Can you honestly see that happening Mr Crystal?

90 % of people do not want Hoots out!

We are not in a mess!

Stop making incorrect statements and making a crisis out of nothing .

We are a bottom six club at the top of the bottom six!

M

"Eadie4England" "The problem now is that 90% of us want Hughton out,"

I thought it was 80%, or when you say ''us'' is that a specific group of people that you''ve asked so that you could tell the rest of us the 90% figure.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

Completely irrelevant Warren.

This club is in such a mess now that we simply cannot afford the luxury of poo-poo''ing this or that manager''s style. The time for that is long gone, I''m afraid. It''s wins we need, and frankly I don''t care how we achieve them, with what team, and with which manager.

I suppose it''s unlikely that we will win NO more games this season. The question is, will we win enough, and like many others, I look at the fixture list and not many jump out at me saying ''I''m a game where Norwich is likely to get 3 points''.
[/quote]

Oh, style is irrelevant now....what a surprise....

It was NEVER about style, it''s always been about winning or more to the point, being bad losers. People were claiming they''d accept losing games if we played a better brand of football, showed attacking intent, now it doesn''t matter a jot and Pulis hoofball would be fine so long as we scrape a few wins...

If we do scrape those wins, how long will it be before "style" rears it''s ugly head again?

What do you think Reggie? If we stay up will we then be in a position that style matters again?

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]

Please, please let this happen! I''d have so much fun on here ;)[/quote]Tells you all you need to know about the mentality of Mr Crystal Canary, this.If perchance we do put a half decent run together and stay up, he will derive far more pleasure out of some pathetic point scoring exercise on a regional newspaper run forum than the fact that the club he (allegedly ) supports will be plying their trade in the Premier League for another season, and all that that entails.Rather sad......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Crystal Canary"] Please, please let this happen! I''d have so much fun on here ;)[/quote]

Tells you all you need to know about the mentality of Mr Crystal Canary, this.

If perchance we do put a half decent run together and stay up, he will derive far more pleasure out of some pathetic point scoring exercise on a regional newspaper run forum than the fact that the club he (allegedly ) supports will be plying their trade in the Premier League for another season, and all that that entails.

Rather sad......
[/quote]

Yet every time we lose, this board is full of "told-you-so''ers" seemingly playing some sort of Hughton Out top trumps because they''ve wanted the manager out since xmas/last xmas/Fulham away/never wanted him!!!

Rather sad....

Swansea were woeful against Wet Spam on Saturday, and really look a team void of ideas, even the passing and the first touches were gone. I predict they along with Cardiff - who are by far the worst side we have played all season - are likely to be going down and then it''s a fight for the third place. who''s going to fill that is anybody''s guess.

All the "Professional Pundits" had us down for a long hard season and so it is proving to be. we are a team that is fighting in the bottom half of the table just like Fulham, Hull etc. we have plenty of games to go and there will be twists and turns every week from now until May.

I would also bet we don''t lose all our last 5 games like everybody is predicting.

Morning Wiz, looking at that, i still think we''ll stay up - we won''t win all the games that you''d expect us to win, but likewise we''ll take points from games you d have down for us to lose. Arsenal and Chelsea could also be ''on the beach'' by the time we play them, but irrespective of that, unlike many supporters i still always back our players to get results against the chequebook clubs - and do you know what, it''s not unusual for us to do exactly that...

I disagree, OP. We should win at least one more game, but I don''t think we will enough games to ensure safety, and that''s what really matters. We are going down I''m afraid.

What do you think Reggie? If we stay up will we then be in a position that style matters again?

[/quote]Yet again you''ve spectacularly missed the point, Warren.  Yes, I am indeed saying that, at the moment style does not matter as much as gaining wins. And, I''m not ashamed to say it. We are in such a pickle that literally every point counts, regardless of the tactics used. I''lm astounded that you cannot see that.Of course it''s a results driven business, but under normal circumstances fans like to see a blend of results and style. The style takes second place right now.If (and it''s a big IF) we do stay up, then the summer will be the time to revisit  the style/results debate, hopefully with a fresh set of eyes.

[quote user="Alex "]Morning Wiz, looking at that, i still think we''ll stay up - we won''t win all the games that you''d expect us to win, but likewise we''ll take points from games you d have down for us to lose. Arsenal and Chelsea could also be ''on the beach'' by the time we play them, but irrespective of that, unlike many supporters i still always back our players to get results against the chequebook clubs - and do you know what, it''s not unusual for us to do exactly that...[/quote]

Fine Mr Alex but I''m not wiz.

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 2014-02-03 3:47 PM:

90 % of people do not want Hoots out!

We are not in a mess!

Stop making incorrect statements and making a crisis out of nothing .

We are a bottom six club at the top of the bottom six!

M

I would suggest you are way way of the mark there my friend. There was an EDP poll not so very long ago, I suggest you refer to it if we are talking incorrect statements!

[/quote]

Yet again you''ve spectacularly missed the point, Warren.  Yes, I am indeed saying that, at the moment style does not matter as much as gaining wins. And, I''m not ashamed to say it. We are in such a pickle that literally every point counts, regardless of the tactics used. I''lm astounded that you cannot see that.

Of course it''s a results driven business, but under normal circumstances fans like to see a blend of results and style. The style takes second place right now.

If (and it''s a big IF) we do stay up, then the summer will be the time to revisit  the style/results debate, hopefully with a fresh set of eyes.
[/quote]

So it''s stay up at all costs now?

And can you just clarify what constitutes normal circumstances, in your eyes of course, for Norwich City in the Premier League?

[/quote]Yet again you''ve spectacularly missed the point, Warren.  Yes, I am indeed saying that, at the moment style does not matter as much as gaining wins. And, I''m not ashamed to say it. We are in such a pickle that literally every point counts, regardless of the tactics used. I''lm astounded that you cannot see that.Of course it''s a results driven business, but under normal circumstances fans like to see a blend of results and style. The style takes second place right now.If (and it''s a big IF) we do stay up, then the summer will be the time to revisit  the style/results debate, hopefully with a fresh set of eyes.[/quote]

Shock horror Reggie, but I agree with you!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Crystal Canary"]

Please, please let this happen! I''d have so much fun on here ;)[/quote]Tells you all you need to know about the mentality of Mr Crystal Canary, this.If perchance we do put a half decent run together and stay up, he will derive far more pleasure out of some pathetic point scoring exercise on a regional newspaper run forum than the fact that the club he (allegedly ) supports will be plying their trade in the Premier League for another season, and all that that entails.Rather sad......[/quote]What is rather sad is your apparent need to completely twist what Crystal Canary actually said by selective quoting and mis-interpretation. You may wish to re-read it. The "far more pleasure" is completely your own invention.

And can you just clarify what constitutes normal circumstances, in your eyes of course, for Norwich City in the Premier League?

[/quote]Warren, you are another one who is just being rather silly and pedantic. You know EXACTLY what I am saying. You are just choosing to be obtuse.If you are saying that you''d currently choose style over points, then I''d suggest to you that you are in a very small minority ?

[/quote]

Warren, you are another one who is just being rather silly and pedantic.

You know EXACTLY what I am saying. You are just choosing to be obtuse.

If you are saying that you''d currently choose style over points, then I''d suggest to you that you are in a very small minority ?
[/quote]

No, what I''m saying is that it has ALWAYS been about points and that at no point this season have we been in a position to choose style over substance.

I''m not the one changing my stance.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][OK..MM, if it makes you feel any better, I''m happy to put the record straight by substituting the word ''far'' for ''so''.Pedantry is clearly your strongpoint.[/quote]Pointing out gross misrepresentation hardly qualifies as pendantry. But, hey, I''m feeling fine - this is Crystal Canary''s fight - if he wishes to have one.