Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Bird

For those who think Hughton is still the man for the job...

[quote user="Indy"]

At this point in time I don''t think it matters, it''s too late for a new manager to firefight now and Hughton will want to prove his team is right for the club!

I don''t think there is anyone out there who can come in to rescue the situation now, it''s down to Hughton, not that I want him as manager any longer than this May at most!

I did have a little chat with a daughter of an ex employee who said that, talk was of a manager who was approached earlier but is on long term gardening leave and will be free in the summer, so it might be Malky or DiMatteo which might replace Hughton, who knows as it was only chat in a bar.

[/quote]It would be just like this club to finally sack Hughton and give the job to somebody worse . Still believe a new man even this late would pick up more points than Hughton , stick with him and we are down .

The thread beating West Ham will relegate us keeps popping up, unfortunately this early premonition could ring true... I really think that result was the stop/ go one for the Board, they made their choice after this game and will live or die in McNally''s words by the decision made after that win. I can''t see CH being replaced and even if he were I think it will be too late to be relevant. I fear next Saturday will be nasty after that it''s WH again and the result of that one will certainly give the Board food for thought, as defeat will mean big trouble whatever spin the blind put on it.

maybe that ''out of the bottom three'' proviso will be tested come Sat eve

[quote user="JF"]But other teams around us have managed to take points of the top teams this season. We have yet to take one.[/quote]

So you''re basing that on the fact that we haven''t taken any points from the top four yet. Well that does not mean we won''t take any in the future. But even if you''re right how many points do you see these other sides taking from their games against the top four? 1? 3? More than 3?

Still not answered my post earlier today on your perspective of ''reality'' NN  ''we''re only 3 points off 10th place''  what''s the the ''reality'' now eh? (bear in mind you disregard goal difference unlike the FAPL obviously...)

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]Still not answered my post earlier today on your perspective of ''reality'' NN  ''we''re only 3 points off 10th place''  what''s the the ''reality'' now eh? (bear in mind you disregard goal difference unlike the FAPL obviously...)[/quote]

What post from where?

We''re still 3 points off 10th. What point you trying to make buddy?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]Still not answered my post earlier today on your perspective of ''reality'' NN  ''we''re only 3 points off 10th place''  what''s the the ''reality'' now eh? (bear in mind you disregard goal difference unlike the FAPL obviously...)[/quote]

What post from where?

Read the bit in brackets ''buddy'' ... the post was from earlier today was from one of your usual condescending utterances to anyone who doesn''t go along with ''anything the club does I go along with no matter the what the outcome'' kind of deals...(fooked if Ican be botherered to try and trawl up the original thread at this time of the day) I gather you''re one of the ''where doomed I tell ye'' doomed''  little clan? What happened there then? ended up in L1 didn''t we?

[/quote]

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

What post from where?

Read the bit in brackets ''buddy'' ... the post was from earlier today was from one of your usual condescending utterances to anyone who doesn''t go along with ''anything the club does I go along with no matter the what the outcome'' kind of deals...(fooked if Ican be botherered to try and trawl up the original thread at this time of the day) I gather you''re one of the ''where doomed I tell ye'' doomed''  little clan? What happened there then? ended up in L1 didn''t we?

[/quote][/quote]

What point are you tring to make Levi? You obviously have a problem with me. Maybe you could explain why?

We are 3 points off 10th. Is that relevant? Probably. In as much as it shows that the other clubs are doing as badly as us. What that does is give us hope. It''s a positive to look towards. Either that or you just ignore the positives, give up and wave the white flag.

I''m off to bed. Don''t have nightmares about the nasty posters you don''t agree with[S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

What post from where?

Yes ignore the bits you haven''t got an answer to with a ''witty'' (if unintelligent) response. Yes definitely got the measure of you NN (although I already knew that from years gone by...)

[/quote][/quote]

What point are you tring to make Levi? You obviously have a problem with me. Maybe you could explain why?

We are 3 points off 10th. Is that relevant? Probably. In as much as it shows that the other clubs are doing as badly as us. What that does is give us hope. It''s a positive to look towards. Either that or you just ignore the positives, give up and wave the white flag.

I''m off to bed. Don''t have nightmares about the nasty posters you don''t agree with[S]

[/quote]

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]It''s time to do some numbers: Man c 0 w Ham 1 Spurs 1 A villa 0 Stoke 3 Southmptn 0 Sunderland 3 Swansea 1 WBA 3 Fulham 0 Liverpool 0 Man U 0 Chelsea 0 Arsenal 1 So that will give us 37 points, it''s going to be too close for comfort this year and we will rely on other clubs doing worse[/quote]

Cannot see us getting:

3 points against Sunderland at home more like zero

or a point against Arsenal.

So 33 points is my forecast.

Just pray that Fulham, Cardiff  and one other team are worse than us.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Hughton has ripped the heart out of this club. I think back to the away games under Lambert when the team and Lambert would come over to the supporters and point to the players and the supporters and there was a bond - that has gone. Now the supporters are at odds,the football is dire McNally is only interested in getting money out of supporters and has made a stupid statement that he would prefer death to relegation perhaps he will get his wish. He has gone into his shell. Away games are to hard to attend several hours travel to watch rubbish even home games are a chore. Season ticket renewal should I or should I leave it. Oh well Nero McNally will sort it or is he not the person we thought he was.[/quote]

The above post is worth repeating.

My question still stands. If you think he is still the man for the job and will keep us up, please can you enlighten me as to how he will do this? I''m struggling to think of an answer..

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]My question still stands. If you think he is still the man for the job and will keep us up, please can you enlighten me as to how he will do this? I''m struggling to think of an answer..[/quote]He will do it by attaining more points than three other teams.If he doesn''t we''ll be relegated.Unless, of course its a purely rhetorical question, and you''re more interested in a game of "I told you so"....

Donkey dangler wrote the following post at 2014-02-02 8:04 AM:

My fear is that if NCFC are relegated Hughton will be given another contract!

That is not going to happen. I can assure you of that. And yes, I do know.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]My question still stands. If you think he is still the man for the job and will keep us up, please can you enlighten me as to how he will do this? I''m struggling to think of an answer..[/quote]He will do it by attaining more points than three other teams.If he doesn''t we''ll be relegated.Unless, of course its a purely rhetorical question, and you''re more interested in a game of "I told you so"....[/quote]

Believe me, I would much rather avoid the ''I told you so'' scenario. Too late to do anything about it then.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]My question still stands. If you think he is still the man for the job and will keep us up, please can you enlighten me as to how he will do this? I''m struggling to think of an answer..[/quote]He will do it by attaining more points than three other teams.If he doesn''t we''ll be relegated.Unless, of course its a purely rhetorical question, and you''re more interested in a game of "I told you so"....[/quote]

Technically of course, Morty you are correct, but you at best are guilty of stating the bleedin'' obvious, at worst deliberately avoiding the very genuine question voiced by YB with a silly glib comment.Do you really think that  , in the precarious state the club is now in, most of us are concerned with petty ''I told you so'' point scoring  ?. Get a grip on reality, for heaven''s sake.In countless threads there have been comments by the apologists using principally two planks as evidence why things are OK. First plank...."we are picking up more points than the other teams around us". Second plank...." we are not in the bottom 3" .Well, over the last 3 weeks or so the first of those two planks has been unceremoniously ripped up . And, it''s looking quite likely that over the next fortnight, the second plank will give way too.So have you and the rest of the Inners got any replacement timber for new planks to replace those lost ?

We are not changing the manager this season. The position will be reviewed at the end of the season. For me this is a non topic. The rest of the season is the focus. I thought we played well last night, super keeper up against us, and a lack of confidence in front of goal. I thought Ruddy looked very secure, and so it was a surprise to see him beaten by the header. I was disappointed to see us appearing to settle for a point, as I thought we could and should of won the game. Football can be harsh. We just need to carry on in this vein. Sometimes you get a break (like we did at WBA). Well played City.

I started this thread weeks ago, and it seems we are no further forward or any more secure.

I''m glad we aren''t a Fulham who have had 3 managers in one season or a Cardiff who don''t seem to know what they''re doing, but surely something needs to be done to save us from the drop? I just don''t think anyone could do any worse. Yesterday was nothing short of an embarrassment.

I have just about accepted that we will stick with Hughton now, but for those who have stood by him, do you still think he''ll save us?

I have just about accepted that we will stick with Hughton now, but for those who have stood by him, do you still think he''ll save us?

Yes

I think its obvious what I meant by save us, but if it wasn''t clear, I meant do you think Hughton is the right man to save us from relegation?

I am just interested as how he is going to avoid the drop from anyone who still thinks he is up to it.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]

I think its obvious what I meant by save us, but if it wasn''t clear, I meant do you think Hughton is the right man to save us from relegation?

I am just interested as how he is going to avoid the drop from anyone who still thinks he is up to it.

[/quote]Our home form will keep us in this division.You''re welcome[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]Our home form will keep us in this division.You''re welcome[Y][/quote]

And I hope you''re right