Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Bird

For those who think Hughton is still the man for the job...

Can you tell us how he''s going to save us this season from relegation, because I''m not confident, I''m afraid.

Ok, we played ok today. We scored a goal, three if you count the two offside, but we got nothing and dropped three league places. We also defended badly for a couple of minutes, which gifted Cardiff two goals. Most of our relegation rivals who played today won, and most of them have strengthened in the transfer window.

I want us to survive more than anything. Just want someone to fill me with a bit of confidence.

The board obviously feel he''s the man for the job. In his defence he continues to pick up points at the same rate as the clubs around us. I''m guessing there is a point where they''d gamble but hopefully we won''t reach it.

There must be only five or six people on here still convinced that Hughton is the man for the job. The ones that I know of from the top of my head are:

Jas the Barclay King

Morty

Lake District Canary

Nutty Nigel

So maybe one of those can tell you... I''m not confident that they will do a very good job though, there argument seems to amount to something like:

"How can you claim to know more than a professional football manager". And that''s about as deep as their argument goes these days.

"In his defence he continues to pick up points at the same rate as the clubs around us"

Is that a joke Nigel? We are 2 points from the relegation zone, that''s closer than we have been for frigging yonks.

We''ll be ok......Once we''ve played all the top teams and only have our fellow relegation rivals to amass the points we require to stay up....Oh, wait a minute?

Do not see how anybody can reassure you , look at the fixtures left and try to spot games we will take 3 points from and if you are not more worried you should be . It looked dodgy before most of the bottom teams started winning , now it just looks impossible.As i said last night when we failed to strengthen , we have one last glimmer of a hope for survival and thats getting a new manager in , but it really needs to be this week.

[quote user="Le Juge"]There must be only five or six people on here still convinced that Hughton is the man for the job. The ones that I know of from the top of my head are:

Jas the Barclay King

Morty

Lake District Canary

Nutty Nigel

So maybe one of those can tell you... I''m not confident that they will do a very good job though, there argument seems to amount to something like:

"How can you claim to know more than a professional football manager". And that''s about as deep as their argument goes these days.[/quote]I''m not confident and haven''t been since we were still in the bottom five after 12 games. It usually means you will struggle all season and sure enough it''s the same teams still down there.With Hughton or with someone else, I still wouldn''t be comfortable. There are too many teams all of a similar calibre and although some have changed their managers they can''t all escape the drop.I''m still of the opinion that it will make no difference in the end. There will only be one or two points in it and we could be either side of the cut off.

No it''s not a joke. Look at the league table. Look at it from a month ago. Look at it from when everyone had played 10 games.

I didn''t say all the club''s around us. You can pick 2 who are out performing Hughton and I''ll give you 5 who are performing worse.

The gamble is what it always was.Will we have more chance of picking up the required points with Hughton or a new man. The board will view that with objectivity and make a decision. I can see reasons to keep him. But it''s a close call. Glad i don''t have to make that decision.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Do not see how anybody can reassure you , look at the fixtures left and try to spot games we will take 3 points from and if you are not more worried you should be . It looked dodgy before most of the bottom teams started winning , now it just looks impossible.As i said last night when we failed to strengthen , we have one last glimmer of a hope for survival and thats getting a new manager in , but it really needs to be this week.[/quote]It''s not going to happen IMO. The Hull game was the last realistic opportunity. Losing against Man City will make no difference because everyone expects a loss. Maybe a faint chance if we get stuffed at W Ham but realistically I don''t see him being sacked.It''s time for everyone to cross their fingers and hope for the best.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Do not see how anybody can reassure you , look at the fixtures left and try to spot games we will take 3 points from and if you are not more worried you should be . It looked dodgy before most of the bottom teams started winning , now it just looks impossible.As i said last night when we failed to strengthen , we have one last glimmer of a hope for survival and thats getting a new manager in , but it really needs to be this week.[/quote]

I''m not sure a home can reassure me, Canary One, and its the upcoming fixtures I''m worried about. Take the next few fixtures, add them to the last four and it doesn''t look good.

For those who think Hughton is still the man for the job...

Is like saying, "my girlfriend''s still with me......but she''s seeing another bloke"....

Le Juge wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 8:11 PM:

"In his defence he continues to pick up points at the same rate as the clubs around us"

Is that a joke Nigel? We are 2 points from the relegation zone, that''s closer than we have been for frigging yonks.

It''s really only one point now from the relegation zone as we have a far worse goal difference than west ham.

All these teams doing better than us and yet 10th is just 3 points away. You''d think if Hughton wasn''t picking up points at the same rate 10th would be out of sight by now...

It''s time to do some numbers:

Man c 0

w Ham 1

Spurs 1

A villa 0

Stoke 3

Southmptn 0

Sunderland 3

Swansea 1

WBA 3

Fulham 0

Liverpool 0

Man U 0

Chelsea 0

Arsenal 1

So that will give us 37 points, it''s going to be too close for comfort this year and we will rely on other clubs doing worse

"No it''s not a joke. Look at the league table. Look at it from a month ago. Look at it from when everyone had played 10 games"

I went on the Premier League website and went to two months ago (closest date to two months you can see is 3rd December). And you said "why is that relevant".

So why are one month or 10 games relevant but two months not relevant?

Early December is relevant to me because that''s when Hughton out support was growing fast and the stage at which the club ideally needed to change manager.

Even I''m not convinced that a change now would be worth it, but early to mid December is the point at which me and many others believed it had to be done.

But you wouldn''t have had us on 24 points now CanaryOne. Sunderland fans will be saying if they couldn''t beat us at home away will be tougher. Stoke fans will remember we beat them away. I reckon we should get negative fans from each club to do the forcasting. That way we could all go down...

At this point in time I don''t think it matters, it''s too late for a new manager to firefight now and Hughton will want to prove his team is right for the club!

I don''t think there is anyone out there who can come in to rescue the situation now, it''s down to Hughton, not that I want him as manager any longer than this May at most!

I did have a little chat with a daughter of an ex employee who said that, talk was of a manager who was approached earlier but is on long term gardening leave and will be free in the summer, so it might be Malky or DiMatteo which might replace Hughton, who knows as it was only chat in a bar.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"No it''s not a joke. Look at the league table. Look at it from a month ago. Look at it from when everyone had played 10 games"

I went on the Premier League website and went to two months ago (closest date to two months you can see is 3rd December). And you said "why is that relevant".

So why are one month or 10 games relevant but two months not relevant?

Early December is relevant to me because that''s when Hughton out support was growing fast and the stage at which the club ideally needed to change manager.

Even I''m not convinced that a change now would be worth it, but early to mid December is the point at which me and many others believed it had to be done.[/quote]

They''re not any more or less relevant. I stated from the 10 game marker which showes the decline seen in us is worse in Swansea, Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and Hull. Other people say the last 6 games is relevant. Others say only the league table is relevant. But whatever method you use Hughton is picking up points at the same rate as many of our rivals.

But the problem is NN that he now needs to be picking up more points than those around us because of those last 4 games. We are now effectively 1 point out of the relegation places because of the poor GD. There is a very real danger that our points tally will end with 4 games to go where others will continue to pick up points. I think we need to be at least 4 points clear of that bottom 3 before we go into those games.

[quote user="JF"]But the problem is NN that he now needs to be picking up more points than those around us because of those last 4 games. We are now effectively 1 point out of the relegation places because of the poor GD. There is a very real danger that our points tally will end with 4 games to go where others will continue to pick up points. I think we need to be at least 4 points clear of that bottom 3 before we go into those games.[/quote]

But they have to play them too...

But other teams around us have managed to take points of the top teams this season. We have yet to take one.

To try to settle the argument over who is taking more points, here is the bottom half of the premier league with form from last 6 games included.

11 Stoke City 24 -14 25 1-1-4 841 38

12 Swansea 24 -6 24 1-1-4 851 42

13 Hull City 24 -7 24 1-1-4 820 36

14 Sunderland24 -11 24 3-2-1 842 37

15 Norwich C 24 -18 24 1-2-3 846 40

16 Crystal P 23 -16 23 3-1-2 818 35

17 WestBrom 23 -6 22 1-3-2 848 39

18 West Ham 24 -9 22 2-2-2 837 34

19 Cardiff C 24 -22 21 1-1-4 823 33

20 Fulham 24 -31 19 1-0-5 829 33

It''s indicative of the league that Norwich, with 5 points from the last 18, are doing slightly better over the last 6 games than 5 other teams.

Fulham look dead in the water. Palace, with 3 wins in the last 6 look to be pulling away with their new defensive strength. Likewise Sunderland look likely to stay up right now. Cardiff probably won''t pick up many points unless Solskjaer can sort out the defensive weaknesses that we failed to take advantage of today.

Looking at league table plus form, I''d say it will be Fulham, Cardiff, and one from West Brom, West Ham, Norwich, and maybe Hull, because they''ve only won once on the road.

The teams that make the most mistakes will go down - and that''s why today was so worrying.

The last 2 numbers are an index of some form, and predicted points. No idea how it''s calculated, but it has us on 40 points at the end of the season.

Info from Statto.com

[quote user="blahblahblah"]To try to settle the argument over who is taking more points, here is the bottom half of the premier league with form from last 6 games included.

11 Stoke City 24 -14 25 1-1-4 841 38

12 Swansea 24 -6 24 1-1-4 851 42

13 Hull City 24 -7 24 1-1-4 820 36

14 Sunderland24 -11 24 3-2-1 842 37

15 Norwich C 24 -18 24 1-2-3 846 40

16 Crystal P 23 -16 23 3-1-2 818 35

17 WestBrom 23 -6 22 1-3-2 848 39

18 West Ham 24 -9 22 2-2-2 837 34

19 Cardiff C 24 -22 21 1-1-4 823 33

20 Fulham 24 -31 19 1-0-5 829 33

It''s indicative of the league that Norwich, with 5 points from the last 18, are doing slightly better over the last 6 games than 5 other teams.

Fulham look dead in the water. Palace, with 3 wins in the last 6 look to be pulling away with their new defensive strength. Likewise Sunderland look likely to stay up right now. Cardiff probably won''t pick up many points unless Solskjaer can sort out the defensive weaknesses that we failed to take advantage of today.

Looking at league table plus form, I''d say it will be Fulham, Cardiff, and one from West Brom, West Ham, Norwich, and maybe Hull, because they''ve only won once on the road.

The teams that make the most mistakes will go down - and that''s why today was so worrying.

The last 2 numbers are an index of some form, and predicted points. No idea how it''s calculated, but it has us on 40 points at the end of the season.

Info from Statto.com[/quote]

That''s interesting, blahblahblah. I''m sure there are many twists and turns to come!

Hughton has ripped the heart out of this club. I think back to the away games under Lambert when the team and Lambert would come over to the supporters and point to the players and the supporters and there was a bond - that has gone. Now the supporters are at odds,the football is dire McNally is only interested in getting money out of supporters and has made a stupid statement that he would prefer death to relegation perhaps he will get his wish. He has gone into his shell.

Away games are to hard to attend several hours travel to watch rubbish even home games are a chore. Season ticket renewal should I or should I leave it.

Oh well Nero McNally will sort it or is he not the person we thought he was.