Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Crisis, what crisis?

So, a win tomorrow and  -we could be as high as 10th in the league (depending on the Villa v Man U result)we will be half way to 40 points with 4 games to sparewe will above Swansealona, Bruce''s Hull, Malky''s Cardiff & possibly Lambert''s Villa (see above)we will be 7 points clear of the relegation zone & moving in the right directionwe will be above a whole host of teams who are worse than usHughton out?

If.................

ps the supposed crisis you bleat about is not the league position but the dire standard of football being played

pps this time last season (16 games) we were on 22 points which whatever happens tomorrow means we are doing worse than last season, in fact a game later and we were on 25 points and up to 8th which by your rather bizarre logic would have suggested that we would continue in such a winning fashionthe reality is that we picked up ten points out of a possible total of 48, a season total of 24 points if that were a means of judging the seasonso perhaps you should be a bit more careful next time you select 16 games to judge a season

As a true, and typical Norwich (or any other Club for that matter) fan , the only time I am seriously worried about the dire standard of football being played is when we don''t win games and we don''t even look like winning games.Fickle I know but it''s a fact of life that a scrappy 1-0 win tomorrow & most of the 26,000 inside Carrow Road will go home happy.Having said that, I''m not sure that the standard of our football has been that dire over the last few weeks - it hasn''t been the best in the league but it hasn''t been the worst either. A month ago our position looked decidedly dodgy but even I, as a Hughton critic, can see that there has been some improvement, both in results & performances.Furthermore I have never bothered too much about comparing one season with another because all seasons are different and it''s what happens this season that counts.Of course we still have to win tomorrow and in no way was I judging, or trying to judge our season on just 16 games.I was simply pointing out what a win tomorrow could/would achieve and where we could be after 16 games.I did not say that I have changed my mind about Hughton because he still has a lot to do to convince me but every once in a while you have to stand up & give credit where credit is due.And who knows, even for the most committed "Hughton out" critic, that once in a while might well be around 3.30pm tomorrow afternoon.

I don''t think our football has changed for the better over the last few weeks. I thought we played better against Cardiff and probably Villa than we did against W Ham and Palarse. But the results were better so everyone''s put their toys back in their prams. Just goes to show it''s got feck all to do with football or tactics and all to do with results!

i''m not fussed about the style of football it''s results all day long for me, Tony Pulis will keep palace up in my opinion i watched the 2nd half today v chelsea and they are well up for it, i bet the palace fans are quite happy that holloway who suppposedly played the right way has slung his hook and now the team are organised by someone who knows what he is doing,

we scraped a win/parked the bus/held on for dear life and got very very lucky against a team which has now sacked its manager, if people think its all rosy they''re bonkers

all i mean is theres a long way to go and a couple of decent results from average performances against not very good teams doesnt mean a lot

These are crucial games.

We have a horrible run in.

We are confident. It has to be a good time to play Swansea. Sunderland haven''t picked up yet. Fulham still look fragile and Man Utd are beatable especially with their Xmas games both being away.

We have injuries but if we can pick up the points we will get some players back and have the transfer window.

But the main thing is to beat Swansea, that will underline great home form and build confidence further. Best of all I get to go and get behind the boys.