Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Good performance

Really enjoyed todays game. Thought we were a little outclassed in the first half, some poor performances and individual mistakes, but second half was great. Our games with Swansea always seem good games to watch. I wonder if the injury to Dyer upset Swansea, because they seemed rather timid second half. By contrast I thought we were great in the second half. First to every ball, a real determination to get the ball and a real desire to attack. Great response from the players and very unlucky not to get a winner. And what a goal from Hooper. More of the same please lads!

It was okay, pretty forgettable. I was really disappointed by how slowly and nonchalantly we started the game, as if we just had to turn up to win, I can''t believe the players weren''t fried up more but after the goal we woke up. We were unlucky though if Bennett was playing instead of Bassong we would have won, I love the guy but he was shocking today! Missed 3 open headers and was at fault for the goal. Redmond also looks like he badly needs a rest, he looks completely burnt out which is understandable and obviously why nobody is getting on his back.

Elmander though was excellent, he looked useless for his first few games so it''s good to see he''s turned it around, probably took him a while to get back up to speed. RVW is also going to have a hard time getting back into the team with Hooper in this kind of form 4 goals in 6 games is crazily prolific at this level with a club our size!!

Lastly though the substitutions, what the hell was Hughton thinking? They completely killed our momentum and it''s obvious Murphy isn''t ready for this level yet and Becchio was poor. If he needed to take Redmond off he should''ve brought Garrido on and moved Olsson further up, today was the day to keep the same team until the 89th minute like he used to.