Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Steve Clark gone

That is absolutely crazy!

They will drop like a stone! That''s my prediction

Finished 8th last season and people harp on about Houghton finishing 11th......

Just goes to show that our board are clearly pushovers and have their heads buried in the sand (probably on the beach).

Well his record in 2013 is worse than Hughtons, and considering how close he (probably) came to losing his job.... it is not really a surprise.

They have 2 points in 7 games and 1 win in 10, so hardly a surprise. Looked like he had given up against us, was sitting there all grim and wasn''t shouting any orders, looked like he''d lost his job already in that game.

2 of their 3 wins this season have come against teams in the current bottom 3, including a win against a Di Canio Sunderland and Holloway''s Palace. Doesn''t surprise me at all, they have been rubbish this season.

Be interesting to see who they appoint though, similar club to us and we were all struggling to think of names to replace Hughton before our form recovered.

This does rather show that it''s probably tougher for clubs to resist external pressure to change manager than to go ahead and make that change.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Stupid West BromSTUPID[/quote]

Why are they stupid? Their record this year is worse than ours. We beat them home and away F6 A0 and you wanted Hughton out....

I think it''s stupid though...

"finishing 8th with that squad was impressive"

We would have finished that high if we had Lukaku last season.

[quote user="a1canary"]Shades of Big Mick at Wolves?

Or Adkins at Southampton?

This one feels rather more like the former...[/quote]its not really anything like it, wolves biggest mistake was making the decision so late in the season

To all those people who still want us to get high quality loan players in ...........

Yellow Wall wrote the following post at 23/07/2013 11:30 AM: in the Re: Loan Market - Striker & Centre Half suggestions... thread:

............. Yes - we did benefit by having Naughton on loan - so did Spurs. The only person who, perhaps, did not benefit as much as he could have was Naughton himself.

He returned to Spurs, after being a regular starter for us playing 32 matches, to being a part time player making 14 appearances. Had we been able to transfer him instead of loaning him it would have been very beneficial to his future career and his international chances would have been increased considerably.

We loaned him, and others, because we were not in any position to do otherwise. Once a good player goes to a club and becomes an integral part of the team, only to be taken back by his parent club, it does the club they are loaned to no good whatsoever. How do you think West Brom will fare this season without Lukaku?

I would have hoped we were not in a position that we tried to build a team with temporary players.

How much did the Lukaku loan last season contribute to Clark losing his job this season?

absolute madness. where do these owners & fans expect to finish each season???

There are 7 teams competing on a different level to the rest - the remaining 13 are fighting to not finish in the bottom three. Not matter how much any of those 13 spend they wil have good and bad spells. Newcastle have exactly that problem - spent significantly more than most in the second tier but where are they most seasons? In amongst the rest and no better than us.

Like us, West Brom are simply going to relegated under clarke. Yes their current run was disappointing, but they will pick up points. A striker is key having lost odem & lukaku and not replaced what can they expect? This decision to change the manager increases their chance of going down - and is partly driven by idiotic fans as much as a panic driven owner. Boing boing indeed.

RDM back in just completes the madness.

The reason Hughton has kept his job is because when we have got into ruts he has found a way out. We have had bad runs but have always been able to pick up the points when it absolutely mattered. It''s not luck, it''s character. Hughton is like Rocky Balboa, you can beat him up and he will just keep getting back up. He will not quit.

He''s got his weaknesses, he''s by no means perfect, but he has iron resolve. He''s not in your face about it but he will never say die.

That''s why I think he''s the man to run the club atm. Because that''s what we need right now.

Very good assessment buh. He does have cockroach like qualities!

I''ve said I no longer think he is right for us, but I admire his qualities.

[quote user="Buh"]That is absolutely crazy!

They will drop like a stone! That''s my prediction[/quote]

as opposed to what has happened over the past ten games I suppose

Good news for us. I can''t see anyone coming in and being able to turn things around with the squad they have. It will be interesting to see who they go for.

This ilooks far from a crazy decision. Having bounced around between the top two divisions it seemed (or may have to the owner) as if West Brom had got settled in the top flight. Since promotion finishes of 11th, 10th and then 8th.

The kind of stability McNally envisaged for us (but yet to be achieved) in his 7-year plan.

But that suposed stability now looks like an illusion; they are in freefall in the first year of the mega TV deal.

An excellent decision by the chairman, Clarks contract is up in june so if he wasn''t going toget offered an extension best to get rid of him now, otherwise you have a demotivated manager with no intersest beyond this season sleepwalking the club to relegation. Not crazy at all