Sign in to follow this  
daz

just back from the match.......

The one long pass he did try was service as usual!

but he is passing shorter now and looks better! that Swansea midfield is pretty strong and I though we did well against them.

Still can''t work out Fer playing out on the left! he does come in and leave space for Ollsen to come forward, maybe that''s the plan?

I thought we were pretty poor today. I thought it was the wrong team selection and once again Hoot was unwilling/unable to change things to take the initiative in the second half. I really do not understand why we are playing our best CM on the left wing where he is a fish out of water just so we can get Elmander into the team who aside from the odd nice touch continues to be poor. As far as I''m concerned today was crying out for Wes and some genuine width on the left wing. I would have liked to see Murphy start but if Hoot wanted to be conservative he could have played Olsson there. Unfortunately we now appear stuck with 4-4-2 (which he presumably stick with today on tge back of us spawning a win last week) until we get a hiding somewhere which will happen if we continue to play Howson and Johnson together as a midfield two. the defence was horribly exposed at times today and a more clinical side would have created much more against us.

Subs like for like again and did very little. Their subs had a better impact.

In fairness not Hughton''s fault Bassong made that cock up and at least we did not lose but a wasted opportunity today in my book.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"] Wasn''t the best game I''ve ever watched but neither was it the worst yet we won

[/quote]

Was I at a different game ? [*-)][8-)]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]until we get a hiding somewhere which will happen if we continue to play Howson and Johnson together as a midfield two. the defence was horribly exposed at times today and a more clinical side would have created much more against us.  [/quote]

Howson isn''t the problem.

Johnson is and it wouldn''t matter who was playing alongside him.

And I know that won''t be a popular view with everyone but I''m afraid sides at this level can find it too easy to run around Johnson. He might work hard but that isn''t enough because he doesn''t get to the danger quick enough. We all know he isn''t the great with the ball so he''s got to make himself useful with what he does without the ball and there just isn''t enough of that at the moment.

Get Fer in the middle alongside Howson and you''ve got 2 lads with a bit of mobility and who can move the ball quickly - something Johnson isn''t great at.

I actually thought Johnson''s free kicks were OK. They were a bit basic, just long diagonals to the far post, but they had the potential to cause Swansea problems. If Bassong had won the initial header at the far post and played it back across, I think we would''ve created a fair few chances from them.

I am not a Johnson fan at all, but his performance against West Brom was excellent, and could have been MOTM.

Yesterday he was on fine form again, but not as good as against WBA. Some passes went astray, but everyone is guilty of that at some point.

His free kicks were put into the right area, but no one managed to get on the end of them.

He has clearly worked on his passing and is making less mistakes (probably coincides with the lack of long passes he is attempting).

I do think that he is in until Tettey returns from injury and gets back to match fitness.

reading this thread makes me think most fans don''t look at the league table and simply guess where we are based on that day''s result.

1-1 draw at home, 14th in the league, with a striker on form and 2 winnable games coming up....

we could be top 10 by New year...