Sign in to follow this  
daz

just back from the match.......

Fair point to be honest. . .we were SHOCKING 1st half playing basically 8-1-1 ! And fer on the see left?! Hes NOT a winger and you could see he wasnt enjoying it ''joggin about'' ! . .sort it out hughton ! A BIT better 2nd half, couple cleared off the line+a good save by vorm and should of had a pen, BUT as expected swansea WALKED all over us in the passing department! . .oh and hoopers strike/volley from outside the box was awesome!

So you think we played 8 1 1

Agree what game were you watching

The reason Swansea had so much of the midfield possession

was that Citys low tempo pressing game with 3 or 4

up front was very tame

We had the chances to seal thewin but the

team performance was poor

In a word Redmond''s game was crap

Snodgrass or Pilks or even Murphy must be

In the next game

Hooper going up in my estimation but

still nerds to increase work rate

Yes Leroy looked slow as did Howson

Are they as fit as Lamberts sides

Don''t know why so many Norwich fans have this obsession with constantly pressing the oppositions defence.

Swansea didn''t press ours. What on earth is Ashley Williams going to do with the ball 80 yards away from our goal? Nothing.

And Southstand, yes. Lets drop Redmond for an injured winger, fantastic plan. Sunderland will never see it coming.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Don''t know why so many Norwich fans have this obsession with constantly pressing the oppositions defence.

Swansea didn''t press ours. What on earth is Ashley Williams going to do with the ball 80 yards away from our goal? Nothing.

And Southstand, yes. Lets drop Redmond for an injured winger, fantastic plan. Sunderland will never see it coming.[/quote]

yes an injured player picked instead wouldn''t be clever to be fair... and what game ? umm the game where fer/howson/Johnson were literally half a yard infront of the defence the WHOLE 1st half.... (ok so 7 not 8 im corrected....) and Johnson is is shocking,we nearly got caught with it countless times at the back trying to pass it out like Swansea...Redmond did a few things well but end product really needs work! fer is ether not fit or really cheesed off playing on the wing was even crying out for hoolahan for Johnson and fer in centre mid.... he played there for 5 mins and he looked a lot better.....

Johnson is shocking?

That is hilarious, he had a great game. Won the ball a number of times, good passing and was putting in half decent FKs from deep. Winning the ball in the air. Yes he gave it away a bit, but so did Redmond, Fer, Whittaker, Olsson, Elamnder in first half.

Johnson had a very good game.

Another two points dropped from a winnable home game. Both Sunderland and Fulham must win games. We''ve had it easy in the first half of the season playing the top sides away - the difficult half awaits.

That was not a good game from Johnson. Too often was he too far away from the danger to be effective. But that good bit of tracking back on Hernandez mid way through the 2nd half will probably pull the wool over the eyes.

[quote user="GJP"]That was not a good game from Johnson. Too often was he too far away from the danger to be effective. But that good bit of tracking back on Hernandez mid way through the 2nd half will probably pull the wool over the eyes.[/quote]

well said !

Agreed GJP!

Johnson did not inspire me today at all. Fer looked out of place on the left.

A good point but the performance was still much of a muchness.

Game changed a bit thanks to Dyer going off. Swansea were less of a threat after that.

Snake

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Apparently we only had 37% possession but managed to score a goal. Wasn''t the best game I''ve ever watched but neither was it the worst yet we won and Hooper scored a cracking goal with Elmander supporting him well.[/quote]

We didn''t win!

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Johnson was shocking today he did just about nothing right all game and which hapless idiot gave him the responsibility to take the free kicks!!!!!??????[/quote]

someone else who actually saw how it/he really was ! might aswell have had ruddy on free kicks!

Fer is somewhat wasted on the left. Having Johnson in the middle gives Howson too much to do on his own (though it was another top performance from him) and doesn''t make use of Fer''s quality.

I would suggest that if the manager really wanted to go for the win, especially in the second half, he''d have had Johnson off for Hoolahan to give us a greater chance of creating something against a tired Swansea. Redmond/Murphy was the wrong change.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Johnson is shocking?

That is hilarious, he had a great game. Won the ball a number of times, good passing and was putting in half decent FKs from deep. Winning the ball in the air. Yes he gave it away a bit, but so did Redmond, Fer, Whittaker, Olsson, Elamnder in first half.

Johnson had a very good game.[/quote]

Agree.He was close to man of the match for me. Couple of wayward passes but nobody is perfect.

Agreed I thought Johnson had a good game but what do I know cos I thought it was a dire performance from the team. Our manager and his jokers have really succeeded in installing total negativity throughout the team.

It seems they have no idea how to attack. Somebody, please help me, why do we hump the ball forward from Ruddy, why do we play so deep, why do we not move into space, why do we lay off the opponents?

Swansea were happy with a point and were, quite frankly, laboured. Yep and we were laboured too!

I find it sad that we have quality players that seem restricted by our so called tactics.

When coming out of the ground someone said to me, we have poor players and has nothing to do with the manager.

Yep I must be totally wrong.

GJP, do you sit in the Jarrold with your mother?

He other two on this thread I can only assume are the famous pinkun trolls, but you aren''t. So I can only hope you are the clearly visually impaired bloke and his insane mother behind me at Carrow Road.

For the record, I thought Johnson was fine today.

He''s by no means a brilliant player, in fact sometimes he''s shocking, but he does put in a good shift most of the time. Today was one of those days.

Correct, I''m not a troll.

And I''m not on anti-Johnson campaign.

But watch the game back and watch how far away Johnson is from the ball when Swansea are in advanced positions. Happened too many times.

I would also add that just because people think they are seeing Johnson cover every blade of grass doesn''t mean he is covering the right ones.

Johnson indeed put in a shift. But his distribution was still poor and like others it has come to a fine pass when he is entrusted with attacking free kicks. Why not Howson?? Am I missing something.

Well I think you need to watch the game back GJP.

And he''s one of the last ones I''d complain about being too far away from the Swansea players with the ball in advanced positions. Was lots of standing off today, and Johnson was one of the very few who broke that trend on a number of occasions.