Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

lambert getting stick on villa forum

Villa fans not happy !!!!!

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post-Match Thread

« Reply #6 on: Today at 03:20:19 PM »

We are currently the worst side in the league. A good start points-wise might save us, but we in for a very long winter. Again.

Lambert has enjoyed long-lasting support in modern terms but is on very thin ice.

They should have sold Benteke when he looked like he was worth £20 million. On current form i reckon they would struggle to get a quarter of that.

Unfortunately, given the breakdown in the relationship between Lambert and the board we shall not see his return to FCR except when he delivers his victories for Villa against us.

whoareyou? Said - They should have sold Benteke when he looked like he was worth £20 million. On current form i reckon they would struggle to get a quarter of that.

That is the most interesting point of all. Strikers make a big splash in the Premiership and everyone gets excited but defenders soon work them out and technical teams come up with ways to nullify them. Also in some cases the striker may become arrogant and rest on his achievements

So we have a second season syndrome for strikers who cannot sustain their good form. This year Michu, Lambert and Benteke have all failed to achieve anything like what they did last season.

I think we should review Holt''s struggles last season in this light.

More usefully, we have to hope that our strikers achieve what is required to make a sustainable career in this division for their sakes and for City''s. It is by no means inevitable.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Unfortunately, given the breakdown in the relationship between Lambert and the board we shall not see his return to FCR except when he delivers his victories for Villa against us.[/quote]

This with bells on.

Forever in his shadow.

"Highland Canary"Unfortunately, given the breakdown in the relationship between Lambert and the board we shall not see his return to FCR except when he delivers his victories for Villa against us.

At least you''ll be able to cheer at CR when he comes back. Be a first.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]next manager to get sacked?[/quote]Nah I think Lerner has once again set the bar very low for Lambert ie survival and a significant cut in the player wage bill. The fans are beginning to cotton on and aren''t happy because they are deluded into believing they are a genuine top six side but I don''t think that''ll make a blind bit of difference to Randy. If Lambert can give him 17th and keep the wage bill down to £50-60m then IMO his jobs safe for as long as he wants it.

[quote user=" Zak Van Cartman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]next manager to get sacked?[/quote]Nah I think Lerner has once again set the bar very low for Lambert ie survival and a significant cut in the player wage bill. The fans are beginning to cotton on and aren''t happy because they are deluded into believing they are a genuine top six side but I don''t think that''ll make a blind bit of difference to Randy. If Lambert can give him 17th and keep the wage bill down to £50-60m then IMO his jobs safe for as long as he wants it.[/quote]

So true... can we say something similar about Norwich?

As long as we stay up no management change!

So people think Lambert moved from us where his primary objective would have been to keep us safe from relegation.  To another club where apparently the goal was exactly the same.

Is it just me that finds this completely implausible ?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]whoareyou? Said - They should have sold Benteke when he looked like he was worth £20 million. On current form i reckon they would struggle to get a quarter of that.

That is the most interesting point of all. Strikers make a big splash in the Premiership and everyone gets excited but defenders soon work them out and technical teams come up with ways to nullify them. Also in some cases the striker may become arrogant and rest on his achievements

So we have a second season syndrome for strikers who cannot sustain their good form. This year Michu, Lambert and Benteke have all failed to achieve anything like what they did last season.

I think we should review Holt''s struggles last season in this light.

More usefully, we have to hope that our strikers achieve what is required to make a sustainable career in this division for their sakes and for City''s. It is by no means inevitable.[/quote]

So what you''re saying is, if you have a striker that has a brilliant debut season, sell at maximum price while their stock is high? Canny, but you''d have to be brave, cuz it could backfire horribly if they have a great second season at their new club. But yes, I have to say I agree with you on this. Think arguably second season syndrome is more about individuals than teams

I guess it depends how much talent they have and whether they can adapt their game.