Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Norwich V swansea unofficial match thread

Lucciano on - thought elmander had a decent game today - very grant holt-esque!!

we are all over them - really need to get a goal with all this play.c''mon city!!!

I welcome the subs but odd choice for who to take off IMO both Red and El were having good games

was going to say that - has ch settled for 1-1?? Trouble is with the new players on - swans are all over us now!!!

meh - great goal - disappointing performance - some of our players are just not good enough for the premier league I''m afraid :(

Disappointing, we should have won that, Hughton continues to make strange substitutions but hey ho we didn''t lose I guess. 

Pretty even overall. Could have nicked it but a point is a point. Won''t be remembered for very long. Apart from Hooper''s goal.

Javier, I meant more in the sense that we spent 8.5 million quid on a player but are getting results without him in the squad. It''s nice to have our cheaper striker proving some wrong, and other pitching in with goals from all over the pitch.

Good game but the subs were not like for like in quality today. We needed to rachet the pressue up but appeared to let them off a bit.

Great to see Elmander Hooper coming to the boil.

[quote user="NWC"]meh - great goal - disappointing performance - some of our players are just not good enough for the premier league I''m afraid :([/quote]

Who you thinkings not good enough NWC?

The subs weren''t strange just unspectacular, but he doesn''t have much choice with the bench at the moment.

Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . . wrote the following post at 15/12/2013 3:30 PM:

Poor subs, should have brought hoolahan on and gone for the 3.

.......... who would he have replaced and where would you have played him?

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="NWC"]meh - great goal - disappointing performance - some of our players are just not good enough for the premier league I''m afraid :([/quote]

Who you thinkings not good enough NWC?[/quote]OK Butterbean, I''ll put myself up for assassination here - out of the starting XI today, I think Bradley Johnson and Sebastian Bassong are not good enough consistently to be in out team. They both have their good moments, but their moments are not regular enough. They are both also very likely to make silly mistakes which put the rest of the team under pressure. Just my opinion.

To be honest when it was mentioned that we could go 10th on 20 points halfway to safety etc it was like the kiss of death , how many times over the years have we actually took the chance when given it ?

[quote user="Herman "]The subs weren''t strange just unspectacular, but he doesn''t have much choice with the bench at the moment.[/quote]
But why bring off Elmander and Redmond when they were clearly causing problems for Swansea
and why not bring Hoolahan on? 

To freshen things up presumably. They were nearly like for like so he wanted fresh legs. I would''ve preferred Hoolahan to be honest but wasn''t too upset.