Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Elmander

Wavney most of that post is actually in fact your opinion.

Well actually all of it, you haven''t actually provided any facts.

''Strikers are judged normally on their goals to game ratio.''

Is your opinion. And only, as already said, by fans. If not why did whoever was Bolton manager keep playing him, did Galatasary sign him and play him fairly regularly, has he been a Sweeden regular and now a Norwich regular.

''If you look at elmanders figures they are one of the worst in the premier league. He is the Sunderland of strikers.''

Funnily enough I don''t have Elamnders figures floating infront of me, so can''t look at them. And one of the worst compared to who? And what figures? Just goals? Because we''ve already established thats a very naive way to look at things. And ''He is the Sunderland of strikers'' is your opinion pure and simple.

So in actually FACT, your ''fact'' is your opinion. Well done. Gold star.

Feel a little sorry for the guy if I''m honest.

Hughtons 4-5-1 isolating the striker formation he was playing didn''t flatter RvW or elmander, both international quality strikers.

Elmander plays in the same role with ibra and he is now with hooper and he''s growing as they get more time together. He isn''t a target man and he never has been, he likes to get the ball down and play. His chest down for the goal was super and his work rate to win the ball back is superb, most noticeably for the hooper 2nd half chance. he''s often tracking back and helping out the midfield and most his work often goes unnoticed! it spoke volumes when becchio came on and the link up with hooper looked a little lost. Most people just want goals from strikers but at the end of the day if you don''t have the ball, and you don''t set up players you don''t score!

He had a very effective game and I feel Hooper is now scoring partly due to the role Elmander is playing, he is an intellgent footballer and the way we play is now clearly evolving, sure not as quick as many want.  

Having played the same role myself I have a lot of sympathy for Elmander. He''s only ever going to be a means to an end, but if that end is scoring regularly because of his legwork then we''ll be ok.

Elmander is a very poor mans grant holt

Biggest flop signing we''ve got.

He would be alright as a break dancer. Spent the whole game on the floor.

Can''t see how anyone thinks hes good.

[quote user="alartz"]Elmander is a very poor mans grant holt

Biggest flop signing we''ve got.

He would be alright as a break dancer. Spent the whole game on the floor.

Can''t see how anyone thinks hes good.[/quote]

Bang on. He is a complete turkey. Hooper and RVW are class I wonder if we can cancel is loan and get some one decent in January

[quote user="Waveney canary"][quote user="alartz"]Elmander is a very poor mans grant holt Biggest flop signing we''ve got. He would be alright as a break dancer. Spent the whole game on the floor. Can''t see how anyone thinks hes good.[/quote] Bang on. He is a complete turkey. Hooper and RVW are class I wonder if we can cancel is loan and get some one decent in January[/quote]

Changing the subject Waveney, who do your team play up front at the moment and do you think you can afford any signings in January ?

I''m glad you two are purely on a wind-up otherwise you''d just come across as clueless halfwits.

Did anyone actually hear this "ironic cheering" or is it just a figment of the commentator''s imagination?I agree the substitution decision was an odd one. I think Hughton might just be making substitutions for the sake of it after the criticism he''s received for making late and ineffective substitutions in the past. But if the team on the pitch look to be on the brink of scoring then there''s no need for a change.

Kangaroo Court wrote the following post at 16/12/2013 5:

" I think Hughton might just be making substitutions for the sake of it after the criticism he''s received for making late and ineffective substitutions in the past. "

Now I have taken a fair few shots at CH in my time, but this is surely a giant wind up, right?

After a slowish start to the game, i thought Elmander had his best game so far this season....bit puzzling when he got hauled off though.

But on the whole, hes not very good at all. Would like to see RVW and Hooper upfront against Fulham.

The mind set of the posters on here really have me worried for their sanity.

On one hand we have an International striker who has premiership experience, who last year was playing champions league. If he is not good enough for us then who is?

Becchio? There is a reason he hasn''t played much and the more time he''s kept off the pitch the better we''ll do. Why do I say that? Because CH sees him everyday in training and it is not in his interest to pick a weaker team.

Why do us fans need a player to berate every year? be it Morison or Sutch or Ostemebor...., I remember all the stick Russ Martin got.

Support the man he''ll play better.

Funnily enough the reason he was on the floor so much was that he was challenging the Swansea centre backs for headers and getting fouled, some of the challenges on him were pretty cynical, they made sure he got a few bumps. That''s what he does for the team.

And no, the cheers were not a figment of the imagination-although they might have been genuine, but judging by some of the comments our fans make on here I doubt it.

It''s unbelievable that people are happy with a striker that couldn''t score in a brothel. What next a keeper who can''t keep a clean sheet or a winger that can''t cross?

Even David Nielson managed occasionally to put the ball in the net and he was a useless tool

My god are you actually hearing yourself? Saying if he''s not good enough then who is? Strikers in his mould should be judged on work rate, link up play and goals. Swansea game was probably the most he has worked off the ball but before that game he comes across lazy to me. Link up play is probably the most important and he''s got an ok understanding with Hooper and that''s obviously what keeps him in the team. Obviously needs to be judged on goals as well and to have scored none in the league just ain''t good enough. Whoever believes not scoring goals because he is setting up his strike partner or for what ever reason is ok is kidding themselves because scoring goals gives you so much more confidence and it helps your general play and it makes you give that extra 5% more in everything you do.

[quote user="Waveney canary"]It''s unbelievable that people are happy with a striker that couldn''t score in a brothel. What next a keeper who can''t keep a clean sheet or a winger that can''t cross?

Even David Nielson managed occasionally to put the ball in the net and he was a useless tool[/quote]

Waveney nobody cares what you think. You are nothing but a nasty bigoted little turd.

There''s more to bring a front man than scoring goals

If he sets one up for Hooper per game then I''d be happy yes. It is usual, people pick a player to get on the back of and will twist statistics to suit their own agenda.

Like I said, support the man he''ll play better......

If you ignore the wind up merchants, most fans can see that Elmander is doing a job for the team.  There''s always a few idiots around who just like to run down the players for their own "pleasure" and without any real justification.   They''d be better off  "pleasuring themselves"  than trying to wind up most of us on here who can see through their little games. 

Criticise Elmander - or any of the players - by all means, but leave the infantile prattle out of it.

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="Waveney canary"]It''s unbelievable that people are happy with a striker that couldn''t score in a brothel. What next a keeper who can''t keep a clean sheet or a winger that can''t cross?

Even David Nielson managed occasionally to put the ball in the net and he was a useless tool[/quote]

Waveney nobody cares what you think. You are nothing but a nasty bigoted little turd.

There''s more to bring a front man than scoring goals[/quote]

Oh the irony