Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Congratulations Carlton Morris

Signs a two-and-a-half-year professional contract on his 18th birthday. Hope to see him get his first-team debut in the coming months!

http://po.st/MorrisPro

this is good news... Carlton is a bit of a "unit", in the nicest possible sense! and with the phyiscal aspect to his game he wont get bullied easily by opposing defenders.

would like to see him get a chance soon.

Well done to him, looks like he''s got a bit of potential.

Hear he''s a very decent sort of lad too.

Congrats indeed, well deserved.

I also am encouraged by the wall Murphy snatched the ball from Swansea captain William. No intimidation amongst our kids it seems. Full of confidence.

Congrats to him indeed, always a good watch and will definitely be a Grant Holt styled center forwards.

It''s hard to not get excited by the prospect of the Murphy''s, Morris and McGeehan

Looked excellent again versus PNE, the more i see, the more convinced i am. I hope he''s not another Cherno Samba though and only good because the other kids are small but they''ll eventually catch him up!

Seriously though, I hope we see him on the pitch this season at some point. I don''t want to rush him, but it''d be nice to see how he does versus men.

Great news. Do you have to have a professional contract before you can be loaned out somewhere? Perhaps that is the reasoning for the timing (other than his birthday, though you can sign when you''re 17 cant you?). Whereas I think a move to a Championship or League One club would be a disaster for the Murphys, I think Carlton would get a lot out of such a placement - he''s built for mens football already and could learn a lot. Loan out in January?

Maybe they can be given the Fulham FA Cup game (they are on a great unbeaten record in the FA Cup!) and then we decide if they go on loan etc.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Looked excellent again versus PNE, the more i see, the more convinced i am. I hope he''s not another Cherno Samba though and only good because the other kids are small but they''ll eventually catch him up! Seriously though, I hope we see him on the pitch this season at some point. I don''t want to rush him, but it''d be nice to see how he does versus men.[/quote]

I think that is the biggest question mark over him at the moment - is he making such a mark at youth level because he is generally the biggest and strongest player on the pitch. If that is the case then there isn''t much hope for him in senior football.

Hopefully he''ll be able to go out on loan soon and then we''ll all get a better idea how far away he is from first team football (and hopefully its a more productive loan than Loza''s was to Coventry).

I suppose he''s made it this far and most kids have had their growth spurts by now! He''s also had the tutelage of Holt, who has been cheeky enough and cunning enough to steal every advantage he can. Hopefully these can have been transferred onto Carlton.

Well done, Callum!

He clearly has a long way to go, but he seems to have all the attributes. It''s about time we produced another top notch striker, so here''s hoping that Callum becomes this.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe they can be given the Fulham FA Cup game (they are on a great unbeaten record in the FA Cup!) and then we decide if they go on loan etc.[/quote]

Agree with Jimmy here I would like to see Carlton, the Murphys and even Bechio get 90 mins in the cup game. I''m not bothered about the cup and it would be a great opportunity to see how they do as a team against Premiership opposition. It''s a shame there''s not the B team set up any more to give fringe players opportunities.