Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Atmosphere today

Was very very quiet and nervy picked up after the goal but quitened again shortly afterwards

What is causing it? the lack of goal music is one but the noise is no where like it was when the Messiah was our manager

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Was very very quiet and nervy picked up after the goal but quitened again shortly afterwards

What is causing it? the lack of goal music is one but the noise is no where like it was when the Messiah was our manager[/quote]It was like someone had farted in church.

Maybe your laptop needs a service. The volume switch may have stuck in a low setting.

Yeh it was flat as hell today. Dont get it, the Welsh should be like an arch enemy to us all we have been through. Weather ? Time of year ? Early kick off ? Dunno just was dead.Hooper goal was sublime. Elmander worked his socks off as well.

NC you do know that just working your socks off at this level is not enough? Also not sure what game you were watching if you thought Elmander worked his socks off!

hazza9 wrote the following post at 15/12/2013 7:34 PM:

NC you do know that just working your socks off at this level is not enough? Also not sure what game you were watching if you thought Elmander worked his socks off!

Interesting comment about Elmander, cos I thought he worked his socks off as well!

[quote user="hazza9"]NC you do know that just working your socks off at this level is not enough? Also not sure what game you were watching if you thought Elmander worked his socks off![/quote]Give the guy a break ! He was slowing down play with his flappy bird impression and keeping people together. Some really beautiful flick ons and headers. Great vision and anticipation to bring the ball down for Hoops. Chased the ball all day long and pressed at every opportunity.What does he need to do to get a little respect round here ?Becchio won what, 2 headers and one of those was apauling !I do think Elmander is not good enough but hes better than Bechio.Although again Bechio needs game time and to be given a chance.I dont know what you mean by working your socks off not good at this level ? He had a far better game than people give him credit for. Deserved the standing ovation when he went off...... or was the standing ovation for Cody McVaughen Becchio''s cameo ?

We seem to think that we are now an ''established'' Premier League side which I think is transferring to the atmosphere within the stadium.

When we had to fight and scrap out of League 1 and the Championship, the crowd played their part by creating the atmosphere to help drag the team along with them, and vice versa.

I just think now that we are becoming just like the rest of the so called Prem establishment in that we as the fans seem to think we just have to turn up and watch whatever is served up to us on the pitch and we seem to, particularly at home, expect to roll teams over without doing our bit.

Just my thoughts anyway.

The atmosphere was ok. Better than palace.

The other week

Did anyone know what the lower Barclay block E was singing. Something about when city scores

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Was very very quiet and nervy picked up after the goal but quitened again shortly afterwards

What is causing it? the lack of goal music is one but the noise is no where like it was when the Messiah was our manager[/quote]I think you should go and buy an Aston Villa season ticket. It looks like they have loads left judging by the number of empty seats today.

FAO: DannyNCFC7We were singing:(to the tune of Rivers of Babylon)One Shirt, One football team, Two colours, Yellow & Green When City ScoreWe will march on (and on and on)Also another new one that we started yesterday was (to the tune of PAOK''s exo trela,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqo_rqMc8NA ) Ooooooh Norwich City,The Pride of Anglia,From Carrow RoadThey play in green and yellowThey''re the team we all adoreThey are the Pride of Anglia and will be forever more

Oh and may i add, i agree the atmosphere is terrible...There is 30 or so of us at the back of the Barclay E block who try so hard every game to keep chants going and not rush through them like so many people.The type of "Customer" fan that generally sits in an around us nowadays do not want to sing. If you don''t want to sing, don''t buy tickets in a vocal area, buy a ticket elsewhere and let the people who want to sing congregate in one place.If we ever get the go ahead for safe standing, the singers in the snakepit will surely come back to the Barclay lower and we''ll start to get some atmosphere back again.Down with consumers, Up with supporters!

[quote user="hazza9"]NC you do know that just working your socks off at this level is not enough? Also not sure what game you were watching if you thought Elmander worked his socks off![/quote]Don''t what game you where watching if you thought he didn''t