Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Hughton - Mr Cockroach

maybe that''s because he is doing his job to the required standard.

he isn''t getting sacked... just sit back and try and enjoy the wins...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Our abject performance at Spurs (and those away at Newcastle, Man City, Arsenal, Hull...) has been made even worse by the news that AvB has been sacked.

What do you mean enjoy the wins?

"What do you mean enjoy the wins?"

I think he meant, did you enjoy the wins versus Southampton, Stoke, WBA, West Ham and Palace...

Well?

I''m confused OP, are you happy about this or not?

While a cockroach isn''t a flattering comparison, its a sound analogy.

That''s not always the case. I am happy to report I enjoyed yesterdays game far more than I did the win against Stoke (and maybe even West Ham and Palace)

Does that make me mad ?

Waveney canary wrote the following post at 2013-12-16 7:00 PM:

Or Luton or newcastle away or just about any away performance this year. He is only in a job because mcnasty has lost the fire in his belly

Have I missed a match - when did we play LUTON away?

And was it prem or cup?

Don''t you just love this site, people come making all sort of comments, Yes its an opinion site but I do wish people would put Brain into gear before putting mouth in motion, If Hughton had spent £110 mil in the summer and were not showing signs of being in the top 6 then I think I would myself be a little worried, But he didn''t he spent £24mil we have a couple of key players missing, one of our summer signings is now starting to find his feet, We will be fine, yes we have said in the last few weeks we need new blood but can Norwich go for? and hope is better, Fulham aren''t doing any better right now nor will West Brom So can we just keep our thoughts to ourselves wish I hadn''t said that now

Make that four of our first team players out injured - Tettey, Pilkington, Snodgrass and van Wolfswinkel, plus Bassong and Hooper were also missing games at the start of the season so just coming up to fitness… plus there is a very big difference to getting beat 5-1 away at Liverpool and getting beat 0-5 at home to Liverpool (especially if you are Spuds and spent over $100m… and have scored exactly the same number of goals as Norwich)

I also think that despite that, it''s a stupid decision for Spurs to sack him… or WBA to sack Clarke etc etc

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Our abject performance at Spurs (and those away at Newcastle, Man City, Arsenal, Hull...) has been made even worse by the news that AvB has been sacked.

What do you mean enjoy the wins?[/quote]The way you''ve written that is as if we haven''t won anything this season, insisting on carping on the negative and neglecting the positive. Also a team with an £11.5m average player value (Tottenham) losing 6-0 to Man City and 5-0 to Liverpool puts a team with an average player value of £3.2m (Norwich) losing to Liverpool 5-1 and Man City 7-0 in perspective somewhat.

Oops, forgot about Bennett -

Make that five of our first team players out injured - Tettey, Pilkington, Snodgrass, van Wolfswinkel and Bennett - plus Bassong and Hooper were missing at the start of the season so just coming up to fitness… plus there is a very big difference to getting beat 5-1 away at Liverpool and getting beat 0-5 at home to Liverpool (especially if you are Spuds and spent over 100m… and despite that have scored exactly the same number of goals as Norwich)

Well put LYB, we''re doing ok, sure there''s room for improvement but We''re doing ok.

I would love to see more. More confidence, more swagger. I feel that will come, had a wobble about the management meself a few weeks back but, as was pointed out to me by an v old footy friend......'' mate, with the games you''ve had and the injuries, you''re doin grand''.

Cockroaches? Ugh! The very mention of those things make me shiver.

I once had an infestation in an apartment I was renting in the Far East and had to spray them away. Or so I thought.

When I got back to the UK three or four of them appeared from my suitcase. They had survived a long haul in the freezing hold of an aeroplane.

I have the feeling that if CH survives the winter then he will be at Carrow Road for the long haul.

I prefer to call him Houdini Hughton though.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Cockroaches? Ugh! The very mention of those things make me shiver. I once had an infestation in an apartment I was renting in the Far East and had to spray them away. Or so I thought. When I got back to the UK three or four of them appeared from my suitcase. They had survived a long haul in the freezing hold of an aeroplane..[/quote]

being an avid Reptile lover, the smaller cockroaches can sometimes make good food for chameleons. will eventually have a beer fridge full of all kinds of creepy crawlies to feed the bearded dragons, chamaeleons etc...