Sign in to follow this  
MrMcGoo1809

ZOLA'S GONE!!!!!

He''s can''t keep a side packed with talent anywhere near the Championship play offs, but he''s certainly good enough to come in and replace our manager who''s doing a good job in the Premier League!

No wait...

There were quite a few on here who put Zola''s name forward as a replacement for Hoots before the wheels fell off the Watford juggernaut.His name has been conspicuously absent as the list of possible replacements grows ever shorter.

Now''s the time to make a change if you want to give a new manager time to make a few changes in Jan and make a difference this season, so I wouldn''t be surprised if a one or two more managers go this week.

For the Hughton out brigade, the hard truth is that if the board stick with him to Christmas - and given how things seem to be coming together for us, I think they''d be mad to change him - he''ll be with us for the season unless we have a disastrous collapse of form.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Now''s the time to make a change if you want to give a new manager time to make a few changes in Jan and make a difference this season, so I wouldn''t be surprised if a one or two more managers go this week.

For the Hughton out brigade, the hard truth is that if the board stick with him to Christmas - and given how things seem to be coming together for us, I think they''d be mad to change him - he''ll be with us for the season unless we have a disastrous collapse of form.

[/quote]The real hard truth is that without a dip in form and being in real danger of relegation there is no prospect whatsoever of CH getting the sack. That scenario does not look a likely prospect to me. When half the board were ranting after every defeat that he would be gone by the weekend I said he would still be here next year. I now think it is odds on that he will still be here next season.

I''ve said several times that despite the hysteria on here (which has strangely disappeared after we''ve picked up a couple of wins) CH was never really close to the boot.

You could quite visibly see the delight of McNally and the board when we beat West Ham, giving the thumbs up to CH etc. That certainly suggested to me that they are still right behind him. And so they should be. Let''s see just how much all these Clubs that have sacked their managers improve shall we.

I never really buy into the "board are(n''t) behind him" idea. Of course the board want their man to succeed - they''ve appointed him, they don''t want to spend hundreds of thousands/millions paying him off/sacking him, and they don''t really want to faff around with all the upheaval that finding a new manager entails if they can help it. A board will only sack a manager if they can get a massive improvement in as a replacement, or if the situaion has got to a point where there is simply no return for the manager - think the effect that Di Canio had on keeping Sunderland had last season, he was a great short term appointment for what they needed last year. Not sustainable long term though as he''s loopy.

In our position, we aren''t going to attract anyone significantly better than Hughton as we haven''t got big money and we''re only a bottom half prem side. So the only point at which we would bring in someone new is if he had lost the changing room and we needed some fresh blood to try and give us enough impotus to scrape enough points to stay up - and we have at no point this season been anywhere near that stage.

Zola is distinctly average, certainly not as good as Hughton.

Sorry, let me edit that - "OUR board will only sack a manager if....", not "a board" - some of these new owners have ridiculous expectations, very little patience and seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Errrrrr, RESIGNED, not sacked!

Making himself available for the prem, WBA I would suggest.[/quote]Jumped before he was pushed more like. Lost 5 home games in a row.WBA aren''t that stupid.

Not sure why WBA would go for a manager who has done so badly this season with the best squad in the Championship, but stranger things have happened-and I don''t think that is why Zola has resigned anyway.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]The clampdown on the (mis-)use of the loan system, which was aimed at Watford, was probably a factor with Zola not performing so well this season.As to Hughton, if the last three league fixtures in November had gone badly he might have been sacked, but once they went reasonably well that pretty much guaranteed he would be here in January, which in turn means he is safe for the rest of the season.I would be amazed if the board gave him money to spend and later decided to cut him adrift. And if we stay up then he will have a third season. But the board is sufficiently unsentimental to hand him his P45 if we go down.

At a tangent I see Malky Mackay''s demand for funds for three new players in January has been met by a statement from the owner that he will get no money at all. Perhaps the next Premier League managerial vacancy won''t be at West Ham but further west.

The end of the multiple loans from Udinese and Granada didn''t affect Watford that much, they had 10 on loan from Udinese and 2 from Granada last season, they have since signed 7 of those players on a permanent basis.

There were a lot of people championing Zola to replace CH on here. Given CH''s Newcastle smashed that division with a v good squad and his Birmingham made the play-offs with an average squad it is clear he is a much more successful manager.

must have been hard work turning up to work every day expecting to manage Watford and finsing out you are in charge of Udinese Reserves...

too many loans... roeder will know what happens with that?