Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

A striker like Hooper at City

Watching videos of Hooper''s goals at Celtic suggested to me that he is a very clean striker of a ball.

Many seemed to arrow along the ground, where it''s difficult for the goalie. Except on Saturday, of course.

He''s now showing some intelligent movement and some good harrying (like on Ashley Williams).

Just had a look at some of his goals on his own website, some really are great goals without being spectacular like his one on sunday. E.g. his goal against Rangers at home, the first video in the gallery.

Well Earnshaw and Bellamy are perhaps similar players (the former nowhere near as good of course).

Hooper is more of a Robbie Keane though, he''s the closest comparison I can think of in Premier League history.

Zema Abbey, Trevor Benjamin and Keith Scott were cool as you like in front of goal.Seriously though, probably Dean Ashton was the last.I would say I always backed Iwan Roberts when a header was involved, that doesn''t count though I guess.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Ted MacDougall is the only NCFC striker I''ve seen who fits the OP''s idea of someone you just expect to score when in a good position. Not necessarily the best striker we''ve ever had (although in the running ) but the surest pure goalscorer.[/quote]

I never saw Ted miss when one on one withe the keeper. With most strikers its 50/50 whether they score in that situation but with Ted you knew he would dummy the keeper and side foot it in. I''ve never seen anyone do it better than him. I once saw him miss a penalty but generally he was as deadly as anyone we''ve ever had. Hooper seems to be a similar type of player although quicker and with more facets to his game but as a pure goalscorer Ted still reigns supreme in my book.

Robert Rosario I can remember my cousin coming down from Scotland on holiday Glasgow Rangers season ticket holder ,

I can remember clearly walking to the game talking about young rosey saying I didn''t rate him that highly !

in that game he scored goal of the season ( against Southampton ?)

the way my cousin has talked about him since that Norwich game ( his one and only game I might add ) was like he saw messi !!

[quote user="hertfordyellow"]Zema Abbey, Trevor Benjamin and Keith Scott were cool as you like in front of goal.Seriously though, probably Dean Ashton was the last.I would say I always backed Iwan Roberts when a header was involved, that doesn''t count though I guess.[/quote]Sorry

RvW''s 4 year contract, got there first :)