Sign in to follow this  
Beefy is a legend

AVB gone

Poor mans Mourhino. Over rated as a manager and quite detestable.He looked like he was going to cry when Paulinho was carded ( ok sure Rat boy made a real mess of it and it wasnt deserved Red ) but AVB eyes just showed total panic.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 15/12/2013 8:11 PM:

Le me be the first then - Hughton to Spurs?

Don''t say that or you will be accused of using it as a stick to beat CH with

Yep. Think that would be a good move for Hoots. Obviously another increase on his salary and he''s a damn nice bloke. That will also help the months salary he has just given to Hooper for digging him out of another hole.

Harsh? Me? Nah!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Just heard on the grapevine this is going to be announced shortly.[/quote]and it is Norwich related how???

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Just heard on the grapevine this is going to be announced shortly.[/quote]and it is Norwich related how???[/quote]

I cant work out how to quote effectively so any help would be appreciated. Anyway, Jas what an unusually silly comment. AVB being sacked is football news isn''t it?

[quote user="the bristol nest"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Just heard on the grapevine this is going to be announced shortly.[/quote]and it is Norwich related how???[/quote]

I cant work out how to quote effectively so any help would be appreciated. Anyway, Jas what an unusually silly comment. AVB being sacked is football news isn''t it?[/quote]it is... and the relevant section of the forum will host it...

Jas of course AVB getting sacked is Norwich related, he manges Spurs. In the premiership. We are also in the premiership. It quite clearly has an effect on us.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Over CH yes. If CH was sacked would he get another prem job?

AVB will be back in a job shortly in one of Europes elite leagues.[/quote]

You are probably right but how and why?

The man had a good season at Porto and has flattered to deceive since. He seems not far off a con artist and his personal skills seem negligible.

He really seems walking proof for the modern obsession with style over substance and management speak over saying something sensible and intelligent. Most companies and certainly most local government and health authorities are stuffed full od middle management like Vilas-Boas who seem to contribute very little.

Regarding CH to Tottenham, I think it''s a case of be careful what you wish for. Personally, I''m watching this new round of the managerial merry-go-round with incredulity. I''ve watched games where AVB has turned it around with well-judged substitutions and Tottenham have been around the Champions League places, if not quite hitting it. He''s a good manager, like most of the ones we''ve seen sacked recently because boards at clubs seem to see it as a magic bullet for their own dissatisfaction when other clubs have the cheek to try and win against them and succeed.It''s been said many times, but Alex Ferguson''s dominance was based on long-term stability at Man U and I don''t think it''s a coincidence that Arsenal are topping the table with all of the changes at the clubs around them. I don''t see any reason why CH wouldn''t be a good fit there as he has been everywhere else he''s been. Personally I''d rather he saw through the project here though.

AVB didn''t just have a good season at Porto, it was remarkable.Based on that year many people expected him to be the next José Mourinho. Chelsea obviously did.In reality he probably should have stayed at Porto to learn how to regularly achieve success, season after season, at a club that supported him as a young, developing manager.  But if you are aged 33 and a big club like Chelsea dumps a load of cash on your doorstep saying they believe you can win them the Champions League, you''re going to be tempted.  Spurs then did the same, despite AVB''s relative lack of success at Chelsea.  If his ego is big, it''s not hard to see how it got that way.

I think any half decent manager could have got Spurs'' highest win percentage since 1899 when you just had to get the ball to Bale and let him do the rest. Whether or not the players he has got in are what he wanted, they are still quality players and Spurs haven''t been particularly good.

As mentioned above, I think the main problem with him, that I perceive anyway, is his poor man management skills. He doesn''t seem like the sort of manager I''d want to play for.

As for the question "would Hughton get another job in the premier league", I think he would be a very big contender for most bottom half premier league teams. What in his record would make him not be?

Spurs were a boring mid table side all through the 90''s and early 2000''s... I think their fans need to start expecting a return to a decade of 11th place finishes.

Exc those that have just appt managers.

That leaves WBA, Cardiff and Hull. I''d say only the latter would consider him.

Cardiff would want a big name, probably with there money they would get RDM or someone similar.

West brom are an established team and would be seen as a move too similar to what they have just parted with.

AVB has had his reputation dented seriously at Chelsea and now Spurs.

its easy to mention the win record, but that was a very "Bale led" team. He has gone now and AVB has spent and not succeeded. Whether he is led by his Ego i don''t know. But I have a feeling AVB is an intelligent manager and will look at how it''s ended at his last 2 clubs.. given his age will a big side come knocking?

WBA would be a good opportunity to build a reputation again, steadying the ship this season before pushing on for the top half in the next 2 seasons... If AVB is a thinker he might just jump at the WBA job... the next big club it goes wrong at could be a career killer for him if not.

Beefy is a legend wrote the following post at 16/12/2013 11:13 AM:

Van Wink, I await your apology...

You have it