Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Player of the season so far...

If the awards were handed out tomorrow, who would you give it to?

And not to deny those of that inclination the opportunity to be negative, who has been the biggest disappointment so far?

For me

POTS - Olsson  (only had one game where he wasnt top - Newcastle)

DOTS - Bassong (what has happened to the Bassong of last season? Doesnt seem interested or concentrating half the time)

At this moment in time, Howson would be my player of the season. I can''t think of any player that has performed at such a consistently high level for us.

Howson for me probably, Fer 2nd. Hooper to overtake them pretty soon if he keeps this form up.

"Howson and Fer to combat for 1st/2nd

Redmond and Hooper to combat 3rd."Just like this... thanks JDT

POTS : Howson, head and shoulders             2nd Fer             3rd Hooper / Redmond / MartinDOTS : Bassong / Snoddy only players I have issues with this year

I suppose this thread only goes to show the difference between attending matches and watching on a stream. I watch all our games on a stream, I assume most who post here go to games. I am quite baffled by the show of praise for Howson, whilst he''s not been poor, Iv really not seen him do a great deal this season, seeming a bit anonymous a lot of the time. All I can think is that what he does off the ball and other parts of his game just doesnt come across on a stream. I suppose it just goes to show that you cant get a full appreciation of how well a team is playing or how good a player is if you arent at the game, no matter how good the coverage is. Its my only explanation for why I seem to think Howson has been quite anonymous, yet the support for him on here is unanimous

I have to confess I am with you, I had a major rant last season and to be honest I think I have a kind of blind stop to hard working non productive midfielders (Ie can''t see why carrick ever gets a game)

I can see he is a decent player and doesn''t seem to lose the ball much but with the exception of shooting from long range rather than considering a pass to a striker I am kind of baffled.

Would love to see his stats of tackles and assists, don''t get me wrong im very happy with him in the team just sure what it is he does exactly.

Fer on the other hand is exactly the opposite Tackles , Passes and Scores.

For me Olsson has been the most consistent all season followed by Fer.

Definitely Howson for me too, something has really clicked for him this year.

Behind that it has to be Fer and Hooper.

Olsson is improving with every game too

For me, in terms of consistently good, it has to be Howson. There are some games where he is quieter, but generally he does not fail in any important way.

In terms of stand-out performance, it''s more difficult. Hooper has emerged, and gained us points. Ruddy seems back to his best in shot-stopping, especially against WBA, and at times Fer has looked a class above everyone else. Finally Redmond has shown he has the beating of virtually every defender he meets. If he could add more accuracy and consistency in shooting, he would be a challenger for POTS.

It''s good that we have so many contenders making very useful contributions. If they continue not only could we have a difficult choice next May, but we should also be in a higher league position.

The thing with Howson is that Hughton clearly rates him and has earmarked him alongside Fer as our two main midfielders, with a Tettey or a Johnson behind.  Howson will also have benefited from having the quality of Fer next to him.   He has always had the potential, that is clear - I don''t think Lambert knew how to get the best out of him, but Hughton clearly does.