Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Warning..Scum alert.

After the match on Sun, Mrs Reg and I drove down to visit some family in Essex and N. London for a couple of days.We came back to Norfolk via A12/A140, and, as it turned out, misguidedly, decided to stop off to get some diesel and provisions at Tesco''s at the A12/A14 junction in South Ipswich. It was there that we made a horrific discovery. Slap bang in the middle of the supermarket car park, , and presumably for the Xmas market, there has been erected some sort of Portakabin structure containing an Ipswich Town merchandise shop. An OFFICIAL one, if you please. It''s pretty much impossible to gain access to the supermarket without coming dangerously close to this , festooned as it is with all manner of tasteless blue and white goods. I skirted round the back, and I think, mercifully , got away with it.So, this is just a word of warning for anyone else taking that route to visit loved ones over the festive period. Do NOT let this "shop" spoil your Christmas experience. You must know that by visiting this supermarket/ filling station you  will run a severe risk of witnessing some pretty awful things. Best to avoid it altogether , is my advice on this. Drive safely.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]After the match on Sun, Mrs Reg and I drove down to visit some family in Essex and N. London for a couple of days.We came back to Norfolk via A12/A140, and, as it turned out, misguidedly, decided to stop off to get some diesel and provisions at Tesco''s at the A12/A14 junction in South Ipswich. It was there that we made a horrific discovery. Slap bang in the middle of the supermarket car park, , and presumably for the Xmas market, there has been erected some sort of Portakabin structure containing an Ipswich Town merchandise shop. An OFFICIAL one, if you please. It''s pretty much impossible to gain access to the supermarket without coming dangerously close to this , festooned as it is with all manner of tasteless blue and white goods. I skirted round the back, and I think, mercifully , got away with it.So, this is just a word of warning for anyone else taking that route to visit loved ones over the festive period. Do NOT let this "shop" spoil your Christmas experience. You must know that by visiting this supermarket/ filling station you  will run a severe risk of witnessing some pretty awful things. Best to avoid it altogether , is my advice on this. Drive safely.[/quote]

Thanks for the warning, will be down that way tomorrow checking in on a couple of loan ponies I have down there

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]After the match on Sun, Mrs Reg and I drove down to visit some family in Essex and N. London for a couple of days.We came back to Norfolk via A12/A140, and, as it turned out, misguidedly, decided to stop off to get some diesel and provisions at Tesco''s at the A12/A14 junction in South Ipswich. It was there that we made a horrific discovery. Slap bang in the middle of the supermarket car park, , and presumably for the Xmas market, there has been erected some sort of Portakabin structure containing an Ipswich Town merchandise shop. An OFFICIAL one, if you please. It''s pretty much impossible to gain access to the supermarket without coming dangerously close to this , festooned as it is with all manner of tasteless blue and white goods. I skirted round the back, and I think, mercifully , got away with it.So, this is just a word of warning for anyone else taking that route to visit loved ones over the festive period. Do NOT let this "shop" spoil your Christmas experience. You must know that by visiting this supermarket/ filling station you  will run a severe risk of witnessing some pretty awful things. Best to avoid it altogether , is my advice on this. Drive safely.[/quote]

Thanks for the warning, will be down that way tomorrow checking in on a couple of loan ponies I have down there[/quote]

should have said I have a couple of ponies out on loan down there

[quote user="pete_norw"]should have said I have a couple of ponies out on loan down there[/quote]LOL! The poor old binners can''t afford to buy any. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="pete_norw"]should have said I have a couple of ponies out on loan down there[/quote]LOL! The poor old binners can''t afford to buy any. [:D][/quote]

Not to mention I refuse to sell them

Thanks for the warning, I,m travelling down A12 tomorrow and back on friday and normally stop off at Tesco''s for some munchies to help the time pass along the dreadful A14 A140 on my way home, if it wasn''t for CCTV in the car park I may have been tempted to take some yellow and Green spray paints and see what would be funny.

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/timothyworth/media/Work/P1010016.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g331/timothyworth/Work/P1010016.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Is it coincidence that it has disabled access ? [;)]

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Scum shop in scum town shocker

Why would a canary but anything from Ipswich in the first place. I smell a bin[/quote]Fair point, Waveney, but as the car was running on fumes at the time, if I''d have carried on, I''d have run out of fuel and been stranded in Suffolk, so it was the lesser of two evils.

Lol.....I would pay good money to see a picture of this Portmancabin !

Does someone live nearby who can take a picture ?

Think of the posters, mugs, and merchandise you could make and sell...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="pete_norw"]should have said I have a couple of ponies out on loan down there[/quote]

LOL! The poor old binners can''t afford to buy any. [:D]
[/quote]

Surely you mean donkeys pete?  [:D]

It''s Waveneys work experience. Must be hard for a club to tout business in a car park like some dodgy double glazing or car windscreen chip repair service. Suppose a bigger catchment area for pikeys while they empty cars of their belongings?

"TIL 1010"

[IMG]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g331/timothyworth/Work/P1010016.jpg[/IMG]

Is it coincidence that it has disabled access ?

Is that bin part of their merchandise?