Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Sunderland away

Last season this was one of those dreadful after Christmas away matches which so many harp on about - dreadful performance, no attack, no goals, no spirit, no hard work..........................oh hang on a sec...............

"The Canaries were the better side for long periods, and managed to pose

the greater threat going forward. They remained compact and disciplined,

despite playing for more than an hour with 10 men."

"Norwich had posed the greater threat and, after a

sustained spell of pressure, they took the lead courtesy of a

well-worked corner when Hoolahan headed in Kamara''s goalbound header

from less than a yard."

"Norwich remained the more cohesive side and defended superbly and could easily have taken all three points."
Funny, I''m sure I''d read somewhere that we were dire after Christmas until the wba and man city players decided to go to the beach.Seriously though, we''re going to need to be on good form to get anything this Saturday.

The pity of it is that these injuries have come at a time when we face the lesser teams and should expect to gain points without key players missing.

I''ll bet the injury list is clear for the final four games.

Although I shudder at the thought of CH and his negativity, or call it what you want, in place at Carrow Road for the long haul, I have decreed a personal amnesty for the time being because I feel that he is unfairly up against it because of this bad luck.

Should we be in a healthy position after the holiday period then he will deserve our loyalty IMO.

Funny LDC.  I think you''re remembering the 3-0 defeat at Sunderland the season before under a certain Mr Lambert, lacklustre, lacking in spirit, very depressing.

But yes, last year we played very well and were extremely unlucky to have Bunn sent off and had a very doubtful penalty against us.  Despite that we had the better chances in the second half playing with 10 men and were very disappointed to ccme away with a 1-1 scoreline.

This year I hope our players will feel more confident, the fact that Hooper has really hit form should help the whole team.  Very much looking forward to the trip !

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We were unlucky to lose last season - the Bunn sending off being decisive. At least there will be no snow to contend with on the journey home this weekend![/quote]

It was 1-1.

[;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]We were unlucky to lose last season - the Bunn sending off being decisive. At least there will be no snow to contend with on the journey home this weekend![/quote]
It was 1-1.

[;)]

[/quote]

Proof - if any were needed - that those in the highlands live in a bleaker world from the rest of us.

I remember watching the game online, Bunn sending off was crazy! in the studio Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole (both strikers remember...) were even on Bunn''s side!

TottenhamVillaEvertonSouthamptonSwanseaSunderlandArsenal (lost, but very unlucky)Man City.So that''s 8 of our 19 away games we played well in by my reckoning.This season we can add Stoke and WBA to that list. Away performances this season have been a problem, but there''s no need to re-write history because you''ve decided ''that hootun is crap bor, we need good ole lambert back''

I don''t think RvW will start, but he could have a big impact coming on for a tiring Elmander with 25 minutes left. Sunderland are improving under Poyet, but this has to be a good chance of a draw if not a win.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The pity of it is that these injuries have come at a time when we face the lesser teams and should expect to gain points without key players missing.

I''ll bet the injury list is clear for the final four games.

Although I shudder at the thought of CH and his negativity, or call it what you want, in place at Carrow Road for the long haul, I have decreed a personal amnesty for the time being because I feel that he is unfairly up against it because of this bad luck.

Should we be in a healthy position after the holiday period then he will deserve our loyalty IMO.[/quote]

It''s Christmas in England not Holiday time that comes in the summer, I predict a 3-0 win to us on Saturday

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]TottenhamVillaEvertonSouthamptonSwanseaSunderlandArsenal (lost, but very unlucky)Man City.So that''s 8 of our 19 away games we played well in by my reckoning.This season we can add Stoke and WBA to that list. Away performances this season have been a problem, but there''s no need to re-write history because you''ve decided ''that hootun is crap bor, we need good ole lambert back''[/quote]

Getting a result and playing well are two different things. stoke this season we played well, West Brom we made the most of our chances but I wouldn''t say we played that great and if you add those two games to your list you also have to add the rest in which we''ve lost and lost with a whimper. The away form this and last season was a problem, the Man city game at the end IMO papered over the cracks a little.

I think this game will be harder than some people think - yes they may be at the foot of the table but they put in a good performance away at West Ham and the win over Chelsea last night will be a big boost to their confidence. I''d happily take a point now.

I''m expecting an away win. With extra time against Chelsea last night, Sunderland will be more tired than us & the Norwich players know full well they should have won against Swansea. This is a superb opportunity to make amends!

Start with Hoolahan, work Sunderland hard and bring on Redmond & Murphy for the final 20...

Sunderland may be tired after ET last night, but will surely be boosted by their 2-1 win over Chelsea.

If RVW is fit, he won''t start. Seems to have been out for a long time.

Imagine Hughton will play the same team, but I''d like to see Hoolahan feature. We need alot more urgency going forward than we did Sunday against Swansea. I can only see a draw here, at best. 1-1.