Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Support at home

Why is the support better away than at home? The home games seem very quiet compared with the vocal support away. Could we possibly do with paid cheerleaders who start off the signing and support ? I can remember a very loud voice in the Barclay who would start on his own with on the ball and at the end would have most of the ground singing

Or all the scarfs held high to you never walk alone .

We''re not alone in this.

I mainly go to away games and often we feel we''re making more noise than the home fans.  I was re-watching the MOTD highlights of the game at Stoke last night and all you could hear for much of it was us, little from the home fans.

Yet at FCR, unfortunately it''s often the same and you can hear the away fans more than the home support sometimes.  I hope over Christmas the fans get behind the team properly for our home games - it''s a vital period.

Away support always keener on making a day of it and tend to be the vocal minority intent on making themselves heard and not the sitting on hands brigade.

It''s the same everywhere, Home fans are casual season tickets a lot of the time, away fans are in the minority and there to make a noise to drown out the home support.

Fans at home are a funny bunch, I think they are expecting something to go wrong, when it goes right it comes as a shock!

All sorts of issues at play here. Firstly, it seems fashionable in some quarters on this site to have a pop at the fans/support. Maybe, its just where I sit (in the City Stand near the snakepit) but I''ve not really noticed any drop off in level of support. Don''t go to many away games these days, but certainly it''s been pretty good, considering.Also...and yes I''ll say it, though no doubt I''ll get rounded on for "talking the club down" or similar nonsense, but let''s be honest ,we were spoilt during the Lambert/League One/Champ years,and of late, there''s not been much to shout about, has there?On a more parochial note, when we were not trying to outshout the away fans, there seemed to be a bit of a rivalry built up between the Snakepit and the Barclay, but, is it my imagination, or has that gone out of fashion of late ?