Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Favourite Goal From Game Attended

I''ve just been watching a NCFC goals compilation on Youtube and was thinking that I have been lucky enough to experience some great goals first hand (although would have loved to have been in Munich for arguably the most famous in our history).So I thought I''d ask. What are the favourite goals you have seen live? Doesn''t have to be the best, just the ones you have enjoyed most. I''ll kick it off with three of my own.1) Jeremy Goss vs Leeds (a). An even better volley than his goal in Munich, and part of a brilliant 4-0 away win. Leeds fans were stopping us outside the ground to say it was one of the best goals they had seen there.2) Youssef Safri vs Newcastle (h). Long range shot from miles out that went in off the bar.  It must be the best strike I have seen at Carrow Rd.3) Adam Drury vs Middlesbrough (h), Not the best goal, but one of the most mental crowd celebrations ever, having clawed it back to 4-4 in injury time. Lots of people had left early where I was sat and there was about six seats between me and a girl sat on her own at the end of the row. When Drury scored, we were all jumping about when suddenly she was bundling around with us. She asked who scored, and when we told her it was Adam Drury she went even more mental and shouted ''that''s my boyfriend''. I saw a couple of years later that they married.

The best goal has got to be Jacksons vs Derby. It was a nothing goal, not sure he did anything to score it just stood there but... what a goal. Never seen the place go that mental before.

Safri''s vs the Toon was pretty special of course but I wouldn''t rule out Hoopers on sunday just because it''s new. It was sublime strike and looks as good now as it did then.

Only been attending a few years but two of my faves are Kamaras v Everton (boy that man can jump) and Howson''s v WBA at home last season, think that has been the making of him this season.

Has to be Justin Fashanu v Liverpool back in the midst of time. Despite some great strikes since that one sticks out like a sore thumb. Away from City I was at the Arsenal v Newcastle game when Bergkamp threw that outrageous dummy on Dabizas. Fantastic skill.

I meant to say it could include non NCFC goals canarycop. What a goal to have seen! That goal often gets voted on or towards the top of best ever prem goal lists.

Martin O,Neills strike at Anfield in 1983 from 25 yards was special.

Jerry Goss at Leeds, fantastic move and strike.

So many of Flecks its hard to pick one.

Great thread by the way to the op :)

There''s been a few!

I was at all the games listed in yesterdays EDP, so they are all up there.

Agree about O''Neills at Anfield because it was Anfield! Also his free kick at the Binners to win 3-2, because it was the Binners!

Probably for me though, it has to be Chisholm''s o.g

Very hard to pick a top 3!

In terms of quality I would go for either Steeno''s infamous long rage strike, or Safri vs Newcastle. Special mention goes to Matthias Svensson who peeled in a 30 yard curler at some point too!

In terms of moments there''s two from Jacko, at home against Derby, and away, of course, at Pompy. I agree Drury''s against Middlesborough was a beautiful moment - shame it wasn''t the point that could have kept us up!

Special mentions too for McKay''s late header that took us, I believe, into the play-offs that year - can''t remember who against. I also quite liked Dean Ashton''s goal against Newcastle last time we were in the Prem.

Also, McNally threw the ball from directors box to Lambert, he lobbed it to whoever took the throwin, couple of seconds later in the back of the net.

Deep late in a game we needed to win, it seemed to encapsulate the whole rise from brink, with McNally, Lambert and I''m sure Holty was involved.

I think it was v Leicester, probably got some details wrong I guess, seems such a long time ago now.

For non-Norwich games, I saw Derby Vs Barcelona in a pre-season friendly after theyd just opened Pride Park. Quite a sleepy game, then Barce got a corner, Luis Enrique struck one of the sweetest volleys I''ve ever seen from about 30 yards out, incredible technique. The entire crowd just stood and applauded. Only a friendly but awesome player

[quote user="Number 9"]Also, McNally threw the ball from directors box to Lambert, he lobbed it to whoever took the throwin, couple of seconds later in the back of the net.

Deep late in a game we needed to win, it seemed to encapsulate the whole rise from brink, with McNally, Lambert and I''m sure Holty was involved.

I think it was v Leicester, probably got some details wrong I guess, seems such a long time ago now.[/quote]Lansbury v Millwall.

Saw Ronaldo score a pretty special goal against Lisbon.One of my favourites which in no way was anything special was the 2nd goal against Huddersfield, Steven Elliott. The away end was packed and the atmosphere was outstanding.Crofts turn and Volley at Barnsley is right up there.As is Hoolahan''s little dink to put us 2-1 against LeedsAnd Iwans goal at the Millenium

[quote user="Number 9"]I think it was v Leicester, probably got some details wrong I guess, seems such a long time ago now.[/quote]It was Reading[quote user="AJ"] Mackay''s goal.[/quote]Stockport wasn''t it?  After they got their keeper sent off early doors.

O''Neill''s 30 yard free kick with the outside of his foot into the top corner at Portman Road to win the game 3-2 in the 90th minute is one of my all time favourites.

Loved Libbra''s goal within 10 seconds of coming on as a sub against Man City too.

But all time favourite has to be Fashanu''s volley against Liverpool - so glad I was there to see it.

But then again Bruce''s header against Ipswich to send us to Wembley was pretty special too. :)

Good question.

For games I was at I would say mine are;

Gossy at home to Bayern Munich.

Jacksons third against Derby (neither of these goal were great strikes but both times they sent Carrow Rd beserk)!

Steenos long range strike

(Also Iwan in the play of final, surprised it''s not been mentioned more)

Having originally picked my top three fairly easily the thread has now reminded me of so many other goals that I should have included.

Every goal at Portaloo Road when we went top of the league for example.

Libbra''s 19 second goal and Iwan at the Millenium as mentioned above were both incredible.

Libbra. We hadn''t seen quality like that for years. It was a reminder of what standards could be aspired to.

When some of you speak of negative football or poor games, or games we should be winning against half of the top division, or managers trying to find ways to combat much better sides week in, week out, you demonstrate a great lack of context.

We''ve never had it so good.

More recent - Jackson against Swansea, championship season.   Winning 1-0 against the run of play to Swansalona, Holt heading towards corner flag, going nowhere.  Right near the corner flag when you thought he would just play for time, he swivels and puts in a pin point cross for Jackson to volley in for his first league goal.   Not so recent - second goal against MU in 2004.  Ashton, Hucks combine to give Mckenzie easy volley to seal win.Ancient - a Graham Paddon screamer.   He used to hit the ball that it would swerve all over the place in the days when the ball was heavier and less easy to make swerve.  Hit several like that, free kicks or in open play - one against Blackpool in the 5-1.  Never scored like that for West Ham though.....

Suggett v Bristol City (h), direct from a corner

Kevin Bond v Dirty Leeds (h), 30-yarder

Fashanu v Liverpool (h)

Crofts v Barnsley (a)

Bertschin v ?? (h) (scored from near the touchline)

Best goal by an away player: some Oldham player in the early 80s scored from about 30 goals while on the run and beat Woods all ends up.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Number 9"]I think it was v Leicester, probably got some details wrong I guess, seems such a long time ago now.[/quote]It was Reading[quote user="AJ"] Mackay''s goal.[/quote]Stockport wasn''t it?  After they got their keeper sent off early doors.[/quote]Apoligies it was indeed Holt v Reading

Jeremy Goss vs Bayern Munich ... fantastic Volley and I''ll never forget it!

There are so many others...but that was special!

England-wise, unquestionably Gazza v Scotland at Euro 96.

For Norwich - there have been some Huckerby belters I was privileged to witness from the Barclay. 

My most memorable City goal of recent times, especially given my good view and its relative modernity, was Mr S. Morison v Arsenal.

that Huckerby goal against Birmingham when he dribbled from inside his own half beating about 7 players and then slotting it in from the edge of the box, that was pretty special! I remember Robert Fleck scoring an outrageous flick in his second stint with us, facing away from goal and hooking the ball backwards over the advancing keeper and into the far post. The goal was disallowed though as the ref had blown for a free kick when he should have played advantage.

The Zola cup back heel was nice too!

it will always be Sutton''s header vs Southampton. F A Cup 1/4 final replay 1992.

Still makes me smile when I think about it now... I was 10 and knew little about the club or the game but knew what that goal meant...

How about best against next opponents? - for me one of those Paddon shots LDC described, was at Roker Park in a pretty dour league game, was right in line with it''s flight, twisted all over the place from out on the left and dipped beyond Montgomery into far side of goal. Think it was 1-1, but memory getting dodgy. Further back, in another otherwise pretty dull match, in one of the cups about 1967, Hughie Curran beat Montgomery as he burst into the left corner of the box at the River End, sliding it across him with the outside of his right foot, that was a 1-1 and think he got the goal in the 1-0 replay.