Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Wolfy's toe

Just posted this on twitter,

@RvWolfswinkel9: Thank you Father Christmas for my gift this year. A healthy toe. Couldn''t wish for anything else!

Sincerely Ricky van Toewinkel

🎅

Let''s hope he''s back! Looking forward to seeing him and hoops in the team!

I will be very intrigued to see how/if CH is going to fit Rv and Hoops in the same team.

It took a lot to finally get him to put two strikers on the pitch. He made an exception to his preferred formation with Elmander, will he do the same with Ricky? He won''t perform the exact same role as Elmander I don''t expect.

It could well be back to the original 433 system with one wide man, and a wide midfielder, a withdrawn winger, with two central midfielders. We were close to that in our last match.

That man down the road won a title with that!

I don''t see why we should have to accommodate him. Elmander is playing well, RVW needs to earn a place back. Just like any other player would have to do.

We''re not playing THAT well - and while i wouldn''t expect RvW to start i think CH will want to accommodate him sooner or later.

A lopsided 4-3-3 is one option but who would you put in the forward/midfield roles? Redmond and Snodgrass advanced and Johnson, Howson and Fer in the middle? Not sure where RvW fits in that.

a1canary, how is what you''ve described a lopsided 4-3-3? Surely its just a standard 4-3-3?

RVW fits in the centre spot. The only spot he does fit in, in any formation. He''s a striker. He is competing with Hooper. He may play with Hooper at times, but essentially neither of them want to be/can do the job Elamnder is doing, so its a different style of 2 up front, and we quite probably don''t have the overall team ability to pull it off.