Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Why have some fans turned on Ricky v W?

I literally cannot believe the things I read from actualy supposed #ncfc fans in various places around the internet. So many snide comments about Ricky, mainly about how he can''t be injured, he should man up it''s only a toe injury, and most bizarrely that *he* is so unhappy that he wants to buy out his own contract, and even more bizarrely, that NCFC are so unhappy with him that WE want to buy out HIS contract!

People really are incredible morons. Why turn on a player like this? If any of them would pause to have a look at Ricky''s twitter account, they''d see how the man feels about the club. Take note, a player who is unhappy at a club is not forced into tweeting about them or putting pictures of themselves in club merch. I just hope he hasn''t read any of that cr*p.

Toe injuries for footballers can be incredibly problematic. It was a toe injury that ended Gary Linekers playing career.

I would rather the wolf took an extra week or two to completely heal rather than coming back sooner and needing even longer ashhe has aggravated it.

People want justifiability of the transfer fee paid, a club record.

The only person who can prove his worth is Ricky himself, Some fans are moaning for the sake of it, some are moaning because he hasn''t scored (injury to one side).

I have yet to be convinced by Ricky purely on ability in the games I have seen him in so far, true Lack of service has impactaed him. but then Hooper has coped with this since finding his feet. Better movement from Ricky could be a factor? some of his misses have been glaring too, Southampton at home, Spurs away and a few more.

whilst some of the moaners are probably just "sounding off" some people may well have a valid argument.

I hope Ricky does become the player the record transfer fee warrants, i have to this stage been somewhat critical as, mentioned above, I have not seen enough in his game to warrant him being good enough.

Lets get him back to fitness and see how he does? if he hasn''t got 5 goals by March then questions need to be asked.

Bizarre assessment.

RVW''s movement is actually very good. That is really quite obvious.

Hooper had time to assimilate while being injured.  RVW will have benefited from being out of the firing line too  -he was thrust in at the deep end at the beginning of the season and to be honest the signs were good.  His class header against Everton - not to be underestimated as the ball was spinning wildly away, yet his controlled header was stunning in its quality.   His movement and attitude in the other games have been good too.    He will  score when he gets back in the team -  Fer and co have developed and improved in his absence and he will benefit from that.  

Looking forward to when both he and Hooper are on the pitch at the same time - and it will happen, not all the time maybe, but it will happen, nevertheless. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

The only person who can prove his worth is Ricky himself, Some fans are moaning for the sake of it, some are moaning because he hasn''t scored (injury to one side).

I have yet to be convinced by Ricky purely on ability in the games I have seen him in so far, true Lack of service has impactaed him. but then Hooper has coped with this since finding his feet. Better movement from Ricky could be a factor? some of his misses have been glaring too, Southampton at home, Spurs away and a few more.

whilst some of the moaners are probably just "sounding off" some people may well have a valid argument.

I hope Ricky does become the player the record transfer fee warrants, i have to this stage been somewhat critical as, mentioned above, I have not seen enough in his game to warrant him being good enough.

Lets get him back to fitness and see how he does? if he hasn''t got 5 goals by March then questions need to be asked.

[/quote]I suspect that is part of it. Because we were quoted that absurd £18.5m figure in January it then looked in the spring, when we paid £10m less, that either we had paid no more than the right price for a really good player, or even, and some fans certainly thought this, that we had pulled off some negotiating masterstroke and got him for much less than he was worth.

Basically, some fans saw the figure we paid and were queuing up to slate him, because some fans are just nasty horrible people.

[quote user="Buh"]Basically, some fans saw the figure we paid and were queuing up to slate him, because some fans are just nasty horrible people.[/quote]

on that basis if we had signed him on a free and people were slating him would they be horrible people or would they be right?

[quote user="GJP"]

Bizarre assessment.

RVW''s movement is actually very good. That is really quite obvious.

[/quote]

Was going to say, i think RVW''s movement is a level above Hooper''s even.

Last game before his injury was a telling example where he''d made some cracking runs etc which could have put him through on goal but no one made the pass.

Hooper has had much better service and even a strike partner since he''s come into the team - RVW did not have that luxury.

Most of the criticism is because some people only see things in black and white. If strikers don''t hit the ground running and score a boatload immediately then they must be bobbins; that kind of perspective. He didn''t get all that long to acclimatise to our game (as Hooper has begun to) and who actually knows how long he has been carrying that injury.

It does annoy me when people moan that it is ''just a sore toe'' and imply that he''s a wimp. The foot and toes are more involved in the game than any other part of the body. When they are not repeatedly hammering the ground for running around the pitch or launching the body in the air, they are repeatedly hammering the bleedin'' football. Not to mention being repeatedly trodden on or bashed through opposition tackles.

We will be in a better position to judge RVW''s quality by the end of the season. Some people just expect immediate results; now goddammit, NOW!!!

I don''t think they have, just remember this forum represents less than ten percent of fans opinions. A small minority of big egos.

[quote user="scrappy33"]I don''t think they have, just remember this forum represents less than ten percent of fans opinions. A small minority of big egos.[/quote]

To be honest, it''s not just here. It''s everywhere - comments on Facebook, Twitter, on BBC news articles. There''s always one snidey remark about him if he''s mentioned.

[quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="scrappy33"]I don''t think they have, just remember this forum represents less than ten percent of fans opinions. A small minority of big egos.[/quote]

To be honest, it''s not just here. It''s everywhere - comments on Facebook, Twitter, on BBC news articles. There''s always one snidey remark about him if he''s mentioned.[/quote]Wait until he scores a couple of goals.  He will then be the next Marco van Basten........

some people just like to argue.

Everyone will shut up when he comes back and starts scoring for fun. i firmly believe he and hoops will get the goals to keep us up.

and as for the ''he''s kicked his last ball for us'' rumour, its absolute sh$@e.

Probably just the people who thought the reason we were not scoring goals was down to the players rather than the compete lack of support from the rest off the team due to the formation.

Can''t wait to see him play in a formation that can get him some service.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Probably just the people who thought the reason we were not scoring goals was down to the players rather than the compete lack of support from the rest off the team due to the formation.

Can''t wait to see him play in a formation that can get him some service.[/quote]

Sorry Glovey. I can''t be doing with any of that. The few games RVW played were before players like Fer, Elmander and Redmond settled in. Now they are creating more on a regular basis RVW will benefit in the same way Hooper has. But don''t expect it straight away. It would be nice if it happened but these things don''t always happen immediately. I''m baffled as to why fans like you are soooo impatient. From your posts it seems you have been around long enough to know better...

Always difficult for a player to initiate himself with the demands of the Premier League and especially hard for a striker it would seem from past examples.

The stage is now set for RVW I feel/ He should now be acclimatised to his new residence and has had a good taste of what to expect on the field of play.

Hooper''s initial injury added to the spotlight that was shone onto him due to the fee and our expectations.

Hooper''s successful emergence will, by the same token, take the spotlight and pressure from off of his shoulders.

He can now ease himself back and will not disappoint IMO.

Because a section of our fans just like to gossip like little old ladies. Two loud mouthed chaps in the Barclay on Saturday were spouting off they had heard 3 times before kick off that The Wolf would never play for us again. Oh please! It''s as though that minority want it to happen so they can have a good old dig at the club. The toe injury is a cover up, despite being seeing with the cast on his foot a couple of days after the Chelsea game and then the news broke he''s injured - which then become a conspiracy theory about Hughton.

He''ll play again, he''ll score, those fans will disappear into the shadows until they find their next player/manager/issue with the club to have a good old moan about.

I remember a few years ago that we signed this Welsh lad from Wolves for a near club record price. His first season was hampered by a toe injury and he only scored 5 goals. If only I could remember his name?????

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]

Because a section of our fans just like to gossip like little old ladies. Two loud mouthed chaps in the Barclay on Saturday were spouting off they had heard 3 times before kick off that The Wolf would never play for us again.

[/quote]

Jeezus where do we find these half brained idiots? F****** embarrasing. Easy to say from behind a key board but i really think i would confront someone i heard saying that and ask them to explain themselves! Then tell them they were talking bullcr@ap!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Yes its almost as though the injury has had nothing to do with him having less game time [:|]