Sign in to follow this  
MrMcGoo1809

Tan's treatment of Malky

Just been listening to talksport and Tan has put a statement out in which he has digs at Malky and tells him he''s not got a PENNY to spend in January. What a to55pot. Shambolic treatment of him, however when he''s finally got rid of him in much the same way he did with Cardiff''s colours, he''ll still be able to find a replacement.

have to say it sounds like a real bundle of fun down there.

Good news for us.

Sounds like complete mismanagement to me.

Surely the first thing that should be done at any club is to fix budgets for the season, somebody obviously had too sanction the outlay in the summer (or did Malky raid the petty cash ?)

Only a crazy person would go into a premier league season with absolutely zero in funds for January to address any serious injury problems.

Not necessarily tens of millions but zero to me says they deserve to be relegated.

Fair play to Tan if what he reports is true.

Malkay had a 35m budget for the summer, and overspent that by 15m to make a 50m total.

if he had stuck to the 35m budget, he would probably have 15m now, however if he were to spend another 15 on top of the 50 he already has, he is essentially asking for 65m in one season to finish just above the bottom 3.

I was thinking a similar thing Javier. How on Earth would the fans react on here if Hughton expected to spend £65m to finish 16th.

I can''t help but feel the scenario may have been something along the lines of Malky being told he had £50m to spend, him asking for more and being given it on the proviso that if he spent it now he wouldn''t have it in January. At the time Malky possibly thought he would have enough with what he signed to not need to strengthen in January just to survive.

When I read the quote (haven''t heard it so don''t know if it''s what MM actually said) it reads like "I''d like to get three players in but I''ll have to tell the chairman, and he''ll have to take it to the owner" like he already knew he wasn''t going to get any funds this transfer window and is putting more pressure on an already hideously unliked owner to get his way.

Not trying to do Malky a disservice but either he''s being naughty or the owner is. I suspect it''s the owner as we all see how fractured that relationship is, but how do you set a £50m spend, allow the manager an extra £15m, and then say "aaaw it''s fine, here''s another £20m."

Yeah, sounds like it''s Malky getting the fans on side by letting it be known he''d like to sign more players but the owner won''t let him. 

You can see the guys point if he''s provided 50m and Malky has already spent the lot.  But somehow I can''t see the fans saying "oh that''s alright then, no more signings this season".

Clearly Mr Tan''s first involvement in an UK based project as they all run over budget!

Hopefully they let him go and fail to adequately replace him. He''s a great manager. I don''t know if he''d sustain it but he''s done well so far.

The sacking of Iain Moody also makes a lot more sense now.

I don''t see why people are attacking Tan so much over this, he hired Moody to deal with player recruitment, which includes negotitating the fees and he did a terrible job it seems. You could argue that Tan should be keeping a closer eye on the finances, but as he isn''t UK based and has quite a few other things going on in his life (the $1.2bn fortune doesn''t come from nowhere) you can understand why he would delegate this role out to other people.

I do feel a lot of people are jumping on to have a go at Tan because he looks a bit ridiculous and attack foreign owners of football clubs is something the media do revel in (not that it isn''t deserved sometimes).

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Who have they spent £50m on, to get where they are now?

That is a lot of money, at this stage, to sit just above the relegation zone[/quote]Medel, Caulker and Cornelius take up about £25m+ of that figure LOL.And some wanted Hughton out and MM in.....

Thought Cardiff were easily the worst side I''ve seen this season, incredibly negative. If Mackay does go, it will be as much to do with performance as any breakdown in relationship in my opinion.

Cannot understand anyone wanting him as our manager.

Yep, I think if the 15 mil overspend is true, Moody''s sacking seems a lot more reasonable (although the replacement still seems rather crazy). If you''ve been told you''ve got £35 mil of somebody else''s money to spend and you go over by almost half again - and as has been pointed out above, they haven''t really signed world class players with that amount - then you have to question the man doing the buying.

It does seem to me that Malky has broken rank a bit here - yeah he''d like 3 new players, but fails to mention that he has already spent £15 million over budget and, having spent £50 mil, should probably be able to keep them up with what he has got.

I did like the look of Caulker when they played here. A big, fairly mobile unit, who controlled their defence. Don''t know what they paid for him, so can''t comment on vfm.

Tan is obviously incompetant however he has a point, Malky overspent and teams still crap !!Dont see why Norwich fans want him here, hes obviously not got what it takes. He would be another Gunny

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Tan is obviously incompetant however he has a point, Malky overspent and teams still crap !!

Dont see why Norwich fans want him here, hes obviously not got what it takes. He would be another Gunny
[/quote]

There are very few business men worth more than a billion who are incompetent.

"Bethnal Yellow and Green" [quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Tan is obviously incompetant however he has a point, Malky overspent and teams still crap !!

Dont see why Norwich fans want him here, hes obviously not got what it takes. He would be another Gunny
[/quote]

Yes that comment made me laugh too, Come on Nexus, make us look like idiots and tell us how many millions you have...

[quote user="Aggy"]Yep, I think if the 15 mil overspend is true, Moody''s sacking seems a lot more reasonable (although the replacement still seems rather crazy). If you''ve been told you''ve got £35 mil of somebody else''s money to spend and you go over by almost half again - and as has been pointed out above, they haven''t really signed world class players with that amount - then you have to question the man doing the buying.

It does seem to me that Malky has broken rank a bit here - yeah he''d like 3 new players, but fails to mention that he has already spent £15 million over budget and, having spent £50 mil, should probably be able to keep them up with what he has got.[/quote]But is that figure of a £15m overspend true? All the stories I''ve seen put Cardiff''s spending in terms of transfer fees at around £30m, with most of that on three players. Perhaps the £50m includes fees for agents although that looks very steep. Or is Tan now throwing in the wage bill as well?Frankly Tan is damned either way. Either he authorised any extra money, or he left people in day to day charge of the club who failed to keep a check on spending. Such as Simon Lim, the chief executive, who is a Tan appointee. And who said in the summer:“Tan Sri told me to treat it as any other business – you still have overheads, revenues etc."He seems not to have remembered that when signings all those contracts and all those cheques.

Of course you never know the full story from behind the scenes in the kind of sensationalist stuff in the press and on Talksport today, but if there is any truth in this, I do have some sympathy with Tan over this.Thee has got, in any commercial organisation, to be some fiscal and financial discipline. If a budget of a given figure is agreed, and , unilaterally, someone exceeds that figure by 25%, without authorisation, then that is completely unacceptable in my view.And, in response to what Rock The Boat says above, it''s not purely relevant to billionaire businessmen and players worth millions of Quid. If you agree with your missus that she goes out and buys a new telly for Christmas, and a figure of about 500 quid is set. Then she arrives back with a great big Samsung one that''s cost a Grand, you are quite rightly going to be a bit peeved, surely ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Of course you never know the full story from behind the scenes in the kind of sensationalist stuff in the press and on Talksport today, but if there is any truth in this, I do have some sympathy with Tan over this.Thee has got, in any commercial organisation, to be some fiscal and financial discipline. If a budget of a given figure is agreed, and , unilaterally, someone exceeds that figure by 25%, without authorisation, then that is completely unacceptable in my view.And, in response to what Rock The Boat says above, it''s not purely relevant to billionaire businessmen and players worth millions of Quid. If you agree with your missus that she goes out and buys a new telly for Christmas, and a figure of about 500 quid is set. Then she arrives back with a great big Samsung one that''s cost a Grand, you are quite rightly going to be a bit peeved, surely ?[/quote]I think anyone who WOULDN''T expect that to happen is showing as much naivety as Cardiff''s Chief Executive may well have displayed...[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Of course you never know the full story from behind the scenes in the kind of sensationalist stuff in the press and on Talksport today, but if there is any truth in this, I do have some sympathy with Tan over this.

Thee has got, in any commercial organisation, to be some fiscal and financial discipline. If a budget of a given figure is agreed, and , unilaterally, someone exceeds that figure by 25%, without authorisation, then that is completely unacceptable in my view.

And, in response to what Rock The Boat says above, it''s not purely relevant to billionaire businessmen and players worth millions of Quid. If you agree with your missus that she goes out and buys a new telly for Christmas, and a figure of about 500 quid is set. Then she arrives back with a great big Samsung one that''s cost a Grand, you are quite rightly going to be a bit peeved, surely ?
[/quote]

I think anyone who WOULDN''T expect that to happen is showing as much naivety as Cardiff''s Chief Executive may well have displayed...[:P]

[/quote]

Wouldn''t know about such things, the other half is the one who sets the budgets in my household - it''s usually me spending more than allowed.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Tan is obviously incompetant however he has a point, Malky overspent and teams still crap !!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Bethnal but that is bunkum - we love to perpetuate this myth that the mega rich (and i mean the billionaires of this world, not people like Delia) are somehow demi-gods with mysterious powers. Most mega rich businessmen, especially those from developing nations, have achieved their wealth through fortuitous connections and relationships. Wealth begets wealth. There''s little evidence of particular talent beyond being good at cultivating relationships and then at exploiting their wealth for their own advantage. Anyone could do that once they have become rich enough to do and buy whatever they want. 

Tan is a self obsessed idiot who can''t stand seeing Malky get all the credit - as evidenced by his continuous courting of the camera''s, going out on the pitch, messing with the club''s history and livery.... it''s another Venky''s style disaster waiting to happen. He also plans to list Cardiff on the KL Stock Exchange which is a crazy idea.

Tony Fernandes, who i have more time for and who accrued his wealth by more commendable means, still made an all too predictable c**k up out of running QPR which i and plenty of others could see coming from a mile off.  Yet there were still lots of people fawning over his money and bemoaning how we missed a great chance to get him on board. I don''t care how much money someone has got, if they have ZERO experience of running a football club, it''s little different to putting me in charge of an aeroplane. So it proved with Fernandes, although aeroplanes are one thing he does know a bit about, which proved invaluable experience in keeping QPR in the Premier League....[:$]

Your analogy is quite a good one, ICF. In the same way that your missus would substitute a handbag for the TV, it''s hardly unknown for managers to agree funds to buy a striker, then go out and buy a defensive midfielder . In fact there have been several incumbents in the Carrow Rd managers office who''ve pulled stunts like that......

Tan is a guy who changed the clubs kit to red, how would we all like it if a foreign owner came in and said "right you can play in blue". There were also rumours during the summer he wanted to get rid of Malky, then he fires a trusted member of staff, replacing him with some kid who painted the bloody stadium now this transfer rubbish even if true why would you do it''s on talk sport, unless trying to undermine your manager. The guy is either totally out of touch with how football operates in this country and/or is a cretin.

All sounds a bit odd to meFrom what I gather an amount was agreed, however it has only recently been discovered that the figure is far higher because of further add ons and clauses in the player''s contracts.Why has this only just come to light  ?Is there a suggestion that we are in ''readies Redknapp'' territory and some of those clauses/add ons might have been be beneficial to a dog who has an offshore account, and is coincidentally owned by someone extremely close to someone who signed those contracts ? That might explain why Tan initially appointed a friend of his son to replace the man who previously held the job.I cannot of happened to a better club - hopefully Tan will take his red shirts and rebranding and far cough.

If i remember correctly, didn''t Moody say that Tan never made clear to him that the £50 million budget was including player wages? So he spent £30 million in the summer, thinking they''d still have plenty for January.Either way it sounds like a complete shambles. Feel sorry for Malky, but it''s got to be good for every other club in the bottom half.

Not really followed the Cardiff story, but the bottom line here appears to be Tan putting the money up to get Cardiff into the premiership. And as such he can do what he likes. Malky has been well paid, presumably got a fat bonus for getting them up? The locals were cross about changing to wearing red shirts, but not so cross that they stopped going - they average 27,400 this season.  

How stories like this get into the press is pure conjecture but we have to guess either party has chosen to leak some info. Hard to believe the "confusion" story line about what the budget was and whether it included wages or agents fees, so someone is yanking the media chain.

Doesn''t look too good for Malky. But one assumes he will walk with a few quid like they all do . Unless of course there is a bit of Malay small print that Malky''s Brief missed.....[H]

It''s Character Forming - "If it was Mrs ICF we''d agree £500 for a new TV, and she''d come back having spent a grand on a handbag."

That did make me chuckle, and would be very similar for me except Mrs vindo would come back with the handbag, but also say "what TV, I don''t remember talking about TVs...??"

It''s not Redknapp territory, it''s Fernandes territory.

As in "this guy will be easy to convince he needs to pay £11m for Medel plus some fat wages and agent''s fees. If he complains, tell him he''s rolling with the big boys now and this is what you have to pay!"

Its no coincidence that these new wealthy foreign owners keep getting taken for a ride. I don''t think it suits their egos to haggle, or to contemplate being outbid or beaten to a target by another club.

Thank God for McNally is all I can say.

LOL a1. Thank God for McNally indeed.

But you do realise these new wealthy foreign owners would probably have fired Hughton by now don''t you......