Sign in to follow this  
daz

sooooooo...sunderland confidence.....

anyone think they will be full of confidence on Saturday after beating chelski in the cup Tuesday ?

or more pressure on them as their fans will then ''expect'' a win over us if they could beat chelski ? it could work in our favour (I hope anyway) ...

Its one of those things that could work either way. And until the match we don''t know which way.

You''d like to think an away win would inspire us to go and really take it to Swansea, especially after their two disappointing results leading up to the game, and although we played pretty well we didn''t win. So Swansea reacted better.

I don''t think it will make too much difference tbh. They will have confidence of the win but pressure of expectation to produce the same result in the league as they did mid week.

Their difficulty now, with Poyet, is that he is trying to completely change their style to a passing almost Swansea esque type of play. This is a massive shift for them. He''s trying to get them to pass out from the back, retain the ball and from what I was listening to in their game this makes them very susceptible to mistakes. Passing out from the back is fine if that''s what you have always done as a team and you are used to it bit it''s a massive gamble to try and turn a team like Sunderland in to a passing, ball playing side to save them from the drop. If Poyet pulls it off he will deserve it.

We need to get at them from the off which hasn''t really been our style away from home. If we can recall the ghost of the Liberty Stadium 2012 we could take the points easy. Let''s see who turns up! I think Turns is due a goal. Against his old club.

It''s a must win for them otherwise they are looking at the best part of one and a half points a game for safety.I''d be more than happy to take a point.

Ever heard of Wigan OP?

The latest in a long line of clubs to have a good cup run and be relegated. A dishonourable list that includes both Sunderland and ourselves. You would think that cup victories would inspire a team in the league but there are so many instances where it doesn''t. I can''t see Sunderland bucking that trend on present form.

I think we''ll lose 4-0.

People will then realise that if our board had been a bit braver and sacked Hughton, we could have had Poyet who has turned things around at the Stadium of Light, their 2-2-5 record is enviable especially when you consider those two wins were against Man City who they played off the park and Newcastle United who played us off the park.

They''ll probably finish above us.

Poyet.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I think we''ll lose 4-0.

People will then realise that if our board had been a bit braver and sacked Hughton, we could have had Poyet who has turned things around at the Stadium of Light, their 2-2-5 record is enviable especially when you consider those two wins were against Man City who they played off the park and Newcastle United who played us off the park.

They''ll probably finish above us.

Poyet.[/quote]

Words fail me, I''m ob sacked that we have fans of this statue why not go and support someone else from the arm chair

I think it will be a draw, and over the course of the season that draw will begin to look like a decent point when Sunderland escape the relegation zone.

A little like the 1-0 win to Southampton didn''t look great until we realised six weeks later that we''d beaten a very good team.

Are you a Norwich fan or a Poyet fan Warren Hill?

You need to be on the Sunderland forum if it is the latter.

Cheerio!