Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Tim Sherwood.

Tim Sherwood, despite no managerial experience and last nights result seems to be a viable candidate as next Spurs boss. Would he ever be a candidate for next Norwich boss, or are our standards higher ?

Our standards are higher. No, to be serious, you wouldn''t want to appoint somebody with no managerial experience. If he turns out to be any good he probably wouldn''t come here anyway. I seem to remember he left us on somewhat a sour note.

The way he took the pi55 out of us when he joined Blackburn and they beat us 6-1 (might be wrong on the score) I would never welcome him back here but I guess most posters would!

It was 7-1 and he did leave us and become one of few players to win Premier League can''t argue with that better than rooting around in Championship.

I remember his name being mentioned quite a lot after Lambert left - Sherwood is very highly regarded by many. Doubt anyone would have thought about him if it wasn''t for the obvious connection to Norwich (despite the less than perfect ending).

I''d prefer a manager who has at least some experience of actually being a manager to be honest, which is why I also wasn''t keen on Mike Phelan when people kept saying he should replace Hughton.

Crazy that his name is being mentioned for Spurs. Highly regarded or not, just how do you know when he has no management experience? Some make the step up from coach to manager - our own Houghton - but others don''t. Especially with them being one of the top 5 or 6 clubs in the division, it makes no sense whatsoever for him to get it full time.

Here? No thanks. Not unless there is nobody around with any management experience who we can get hold of.

These are all the type of answers that I would have expected. We wouldn''t have him but the papers seem to be behind him, must be because of his connections with Arry'', the journalists'' friend.

No none seems to be mentioning Chris Hughton at all ?

I clearly remember him mouthing off to the old main stand when they had a go at him.

I think if Spurs appoint him it could well be their "Bryan Gunn" moment, that said, being honest he always comes over well as a pundit and he has been on over here a fair amount.

I always smile when people object because somebody has no managerial experience. Just shows how football has changed in the last forty years. It used to be the norm for many top clubs to appoint a new manager from within. Look at the Liverpool model from the seventies and early eighties. Easily their golden age.

Tim Sherwood was convicted for dumping rubbish in the Norfolk countryside. Anybody who defiles the beautiful Norfolk countryside by dumping rubbish in it deserves to be............................

I won''t write what I think deserves to happen to them, but I''m sure you get the idea.....

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Too young to remember, what happened when he left here (and just before) that caused such a stir?[/quote]

He got caught fly tipping outside St Faiths, then I think him and John Polston went on some sort of strike preseason if I remember but it was along time ago, so probably have got the strike thing wrong.