Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

If Lambert gets the sack from AVFC....

He gave us three seasons that we''ll never forget, however, his record at Villa is no better than Hughtons here, I think we''d be looking for someone better.

If Lambert is given the boot,  and I don''t really think he deserves it, I do hope Villa fans are greeted by a chorus of ''there''s only one Paul Lambert'' from the Norwich faithful. :)

His record for us in the Premiership wasn''t particularly great to be fair. He got extra special leeway because of what he achieved the two seasons previous.

two points more than his successorwith possibly a ''lesser'' squadand certainly a lower wage budgetleeway eh ?

The first half was good after an average start. The second half was poor if you''d take off your Lambert coloured specs.

oh yes silly old me I hadn''t realised that the season was calculated over two halvesas to this supposed "second half was poor" we achieved 26 points in the second half against 21 in the first halfpoor eh ?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Is that first bit fact or is it opinion?[/quote]

Neither.  It''s  fiction.

[/quote]

So the words spoken by Bowkett at the AGM in 2012 when questioned about the departure of Lambert was fiction was it Lakey ? I was there that night and make no mistake Lambert is not on the Christmas card list in either the McNally or Bowkett household.

Yes. We won some points,enough to stay up, but we played and lost some dreadful games and got three off a team on the beach. Sound familiar?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Is that first bit fact or is it opinion?[/quote]Neither.  It''s  fiction.[/quote]So you can state that there was NO falling out between Bowkett and Paul Lambert ?I shan''t ask for evidence just you written statement that there wasn''t[/quote]Are you going to be kind enough to explain what it was that they fell out over please City1 then we can decide for ourselves who was to blame. Did Lambert get driven out??

[quote user="Herman "]Yes. We won some points,enough to stay up, but we played and lost some dreadful games and got three off a team on the beach. Sound familiar?[/quote]No, we won MORE points than the following season so stop trying to weasel out itAs to teams on the beach I suggest you are muddling me with someone else

Nope. Nothing against Lambert but currently happy with the man who led us to 11th place last season.

Impressed with Hughtons signings and think under him we have a very real potential to grow as a club.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Nope. Nothing against Lambert but currently happy with the man who led us to 11th place last season.

Impressed with Hughtons signings and think under him we have a very real potential to grow as a club.[/quote]oh dearHughton doesn''t actually make the signings - the board doesfrom locating, tracking, approval, opening negotiations to the actual signingsunless of course you imagine Hughton is watch two or three games on the same night ... in different countries, as well as carrying out ''due dligence checks'' as well

ps remind us why McNally was on the plane to Scotland last January and not Hughton

I think we all know that the board are involved in the transfers... If we didn''t before I''m sure you''ve mentioned it about 5 times over the last couple of weeks.

But Hughton is involved more than you either realise or choose to give credit, the return of Ewan Chester an indication oft this, as well as the signings of Redmond and Bassong who were both open about their delight to be working under hughton once again

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Nope. Nothing against Lambert but currently happy with the man who led us to 11th place last season.

Impressed with Hughtons signings and think under him we have a very real potential to grow as a club.[/quote]oh dearHughton doesn''t actually make the signings - the board doesfrom locating, tracking, approval, opening negotiations to the actual signingsunless of course you imagine Hughton is watch two or three games on the same night ... in different countries, as well as carrying out ''due dligence checks'' as wellps remind us why McNally was on the plane to Scotland last January and not Hughton[/quote]"Oh dear" you have got it bad, but we''ve got the message. What about a normal scenario? The manager identifies a well known player whose career he has followed with interest and even some input (as in Redmond and Bassong) or as with Hooper it was the assistant manager, Calderwood, who had bacground knowledge and input.  He says to McNally how about it? McNally says he will try and get him.   With Fer and RVW the situation might be a bit more complex, but to a manager that eats drinks and sleeps football, he would have been aware of these players potential.  So a direct input from the manager to make sure the board gets the kind of players he wants would make common sense, wouldn''t it?   So, the manager chooses who he would like, his colleagues and scouts make further suggestions,  decisions are made and the board runs around trying to get the players that the manager decides will fit in with his plans for team development. That''s how it should be at a well run club and we are a well run club, aren''t we?    

I remember sky sports news interviewed McNally outside cr after lambert had left and, while thanking the work lambert had done here, McNally mentioned how money had always been made available for Lamberts signings and that one had never been denied on financial reasons. While this definitely allows for the fact that the board may well say no for other reasons it does indicate the manager has a far greater role in the transfers than people like to admit.

Then again I''m pretty sure after we beat west brom last season city 1st attempted to imply the board had got involved in the tactics so I doubt his minds I''ll be changed. In fact I''m surprised his answers to this thread wasn''t "we don''t need a manager at all"

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Nope. Nothing against Lambert but currently happy with the man who led us to 11th place last season.

Impressed with Hughtons signings and think under him we have a very real potential to grow as a club.[/quote]oh dearHughton doesn''t actually make the signings - the board doesfrom locating, tracking, approval, opening negotiations to the actual signingsunless of course you imagine Hughton is watch two or three games on the same night ... in different countries, as well as carrying out ''due dligence checks'' as well

ps remind us why McNally was on the plane to Scotland last January and not Hughton

[/quote]All valid points of course, but pretending the manager is not a major consideration in a players decision to move is laughable.

Anyone else find it very funny that some posters genuinely believe that the Board takes full control of some/most player signings and go over the manager''s head?

Why on earth would the Board authorise the signing of a player that Hootun hasnt at least given his consent to?! McNally has been quoted time and time again as saying: "any money will be added to Chris Hughton''s playing budget".

No.

Hughton has put us back on track, we are scoring goals and winning games.

Lambert is the past. I never wanted him to leave, but he did and now that he has you should never go back.

We tried that with Mike Walker.

Firstly Villa will finish mid table and secondly i see Lambert staying put as Hughton will. If all that changed then there has been too much said and done to make a return impossible. Going back rarely works

If Lambert was shown the door by Villa he would be far better suited at clubs like Portsmouth, Sheffield United, Wolves or Coventry who need a good manager at that level to take them back to where they no doubt feel they deserve to be.

He did well in our first season back in the top flight. But how much of that sucess was down to surprise and team bravado in atack . He left under acrimonious circumstsnces and has hardly been a success at Villa Park since taking over there. A definite no from me.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Its funny really. Martin O''neil walked out on us (literally), but it didn''t take long for that to be forgotten. For years Norwich fans dreamed for his return.[/quote]

When M O''N left it was just a few months into his first season and he made it clear that he felt he''d been misled about the financial setup by Chase when he joined, hence he moved to Leicester, a club at a very similar level to us.  Personally I believe M O''N on this one, hence there was no feeling of animosity, more one of annoyance at the chairman that he couldn''t offer a decent financial setup that could match Leicester. 

And of course M O''N went on to take Leicester to a sustained period of success, winning trophys and a period in the Prem.

Wheras with Lambert it is pretty clear the club has made available the maximum funding available to the player budget, he simply moved after 3 years because he felt it would be best for his career, which is irritating but in hindsight it is probably for the best that he left when he did.

No no and no again!

he has had his time, was fun while it lasted. we have a better manager now and one who will take the club forward to where we need to be.

Lambert had taken us as far as he could, we would either have stagnated or gone backwards under him. He has already reached this level with Villa.

I gaurentee Lambert wont get a bigger club than Villa, he will also be a lower league manager again BEFORE Hughton is...

[quote user=" Zak Van Cartman"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Is that first bit fact or is it opinion?[/quote]Neither.  It''s  fiction.[/quote]So you can state that there was NO falling out between Bowkett and Paul Lambert ?I shan''t ask for evidence just you written statement that there wasn''t[/quote]Are you going to be kind enough to explain what it was that they fell out over please City1 then we can decide for ourselves who was to blame. Did Lambert get driven out??[/quote]

I tried asking him that earlier in the thread but City 1st prefers playing " I know a secret you don''t know na na na na nahhh!".

So don''t hold your breath.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="City1st"]"For me, there''s no doubt that he fell out with McNally and possibly

board members and the Chairman big time, but that was no reason for him

to celebrate his wins at Carrow Road in the exaggerated manner that he

did" rather

nope, it was BowkettLambert was more pushed than jumped, hence the celebrations ie up yours I can still do itFor my part I would have him back in a shot, but that could not happen given what happened leading up to his departureMy concern now is that one or two may not wish to concede that appointing Hughton was not their finest moment and will perhaps stick with him for that reason for the foreseeable However I would be very interested who they have been sounding out as plan B should Hughton fall under the proverbial bus

[/quote]

I am really fed up with these "If you knew the true story you''d think differently" comments. If you''ve got something to say then say it.

All these dark hints, nudge, nudge do you want to know a secret silly games are tedious and not enigmatic.

To state it crudely, "Time to put up or shut up!".[/quote]eh ?what on earth are you bleating on about ?

[/quote]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user=" Zak Van Cartman"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Is that first bit fact or is it opinion?[/quote]

Neither.  It''s  fiction.

[/quote]

So you can state that there was NO falling out between Bowkett and Paul Lambert ?

I shan''t ask for evidence just you written statement that there wasn''t

[/quote]

Are you going to be kind enough to explain what it was that they fell out over please City1 then we can decide for ourselves who was to blame. Did Lambert get driven out??
[/quote] I tried asking him that earlier in the thread but City 1st prefers playing " I know a secret you don''t know na na na na nahhh!". So don''t hold your breath.[/quote]

At the 2012 AGM Bowkett stated that he cut short a holiday to return to Carrow Road to meet with Lambert when the rumours were doing the rounds that he was about to leave but by the time Bowkett got back to Norwich and these are roughly his words '' his car was already on the Aston Villa car park''. That was the end of what we all thought was a beautiful relationship. Why Lambert upped and left without waiting for Bowkett to return is open to conjecture.