Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

If Lambert gets the sack from AVFC....

"Howson is now!"

No chance! He would have been sacked for doing a $hit job at a club he decided were bigger than us, and ultimately failing in the premier league with an arguably better quality squad than Hughton had at his disposal.

This.

The only way both Bowkett and McNally would have him set foot in Carrow Road ever again would be if he stepped off a visiting team bus.

By the way my answer is no.

This is a really interesting thread, because for all those who prefer him to Hughton, very few would actually have Lambert back.

For me, there''s no doubt that he fell out with McNally and possibly board members and the Chairman big time, but that was no reason for him to celebrate his wins at Carrow Road in the exaggerated manner that he did - that was disrespectful to the fans, particularly the 4-1 cup game where he was high fiving his entire bench before the end of the game and then marching across the pitch. There was no need for that.

A brilliant manager for the Club, without whom we may still be in League One, but never go back.

I wouldn''t want him back here because i''m not sure if it would work out first of all.

Second of all, we''ve got a very different squad and set-up to when he was here. Chances are he would like to change a large part of that. I don''t think we can afford to lose continuity in the Premier League.

Finally, we had a terrific time under Lambert. Yes, his move to Villa left a bitter taste in the mouth for some, but you can''t deny or forget how exciting League One to the Premier was. It''s a fantastic part of the Club''s history we can all look back on with great memories. But that''s what they are, memories. Need to look forward now and ensure we remain a Premier League team for the foreseeable future.

No not ever . when he was here i thought he was going to be our manager for years to come , i thought he was building something really special but he ended up doing what Col u fans said he would do so no i would never want him back much like your first girlfriend who cheated on your best mate good riddance .

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]If Lambert left Villa and Hughton lost the next four, I bet these comments would be very different...[/quote]

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride...

Looking at the Villa message boards I have been surprised at some of their comments about Jumpship, including lack of tactical awareness and poor substitutions.

I suspect that things will improve at Villa Park soon and he and "his team" will keep their jobs, but their impact has certainly been less than I expected.

During those two years before he left I really thought of him and Brendan Rodgers as being equally good, but the latter has certainly done better for himself so far.

To answer the question directly: NO. I think he would have failed to keep us up last year, and he has shown poor man management skills while at Villa when dealing with bigger stars.

Bowkett described him as the most ambitious man he had ever met, and I for one am a bit scared of very ambitious people - I certainly don''t trust them to value "the greater good".

PL back here (apart from never happening) would be a disaster - like pushing the self-destruct button.

Yes we did have a terrific time under Lambert,and yes, his move to Villa left a bitter taste in the mouth, and yes Chris Hughton often puzzles us with his decisions (or non-decisions) … but take Lambert back? No thanks.

However, given that I''d like to see the guy crash and burn over at Villa (or wherever he goes next) he did help our club get to the Premier League and hence financial security, so in addition to the good memories, that is a legacy from his time we can all be thankful for.

"For me, there''s no doubt that he fell out with McNally and possibly

board members and the Chairman big time, but that was no reason for him

to celebrate his wins at Carrow Road in the exaggerated manner that he

did" rather

nope, it was BowkettLambert was more pushed than jumped, hence the celebrations ie up yours I can still do itFor my part I would have him back in a shot, but that could not happen given what happened leading up to his departureMy concern now is that one or two may not wish to concede that appointing Hughton was not their finest moment and will perhaps stick with him for that reason for the foreseeable However I would be very interested who they have been sounding out as plan B should Hughton fall under the proverbial bus

[quote user="City1st"]"For me, there''s no doubt that he fell out with McNally and possibly

did" rather

nope, it was BowkettLambert was more pushed than jumped, hence the celebrations ie up yours I can still do itFor my part I would have him back in a shot, but that could not happen given what happened leading up to his departureMy concern now is that one or two may not wish to concede that appointing Hughton was not their finest moment and will perhaps stick with him for that reason for the foreseeable However I would be very interested who they have been sounding out as plan B should Hughton fall under the proverbial bus

[/quote]

I am really fed up with these "If you knew the true story you''d think differently" comments. If you''ve got something to say then say it.

All these dark hints, nudge, nudge do you want to know a secret silly games are tedious and not enigmatic.

To state it crudely, "Time to put up or shut up!".

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="City1st"]"For me, there''s no doubt that he fell out with McNally and possibly

did" rather

[/quote]

I am really fed up with these "If you knew the true story you''d think differently" comments. If you''ve got something to say then say it.

All these dark hints, nudge, nudge do you want to know a secret silly games are tedious and not enigmatic.

To state it crudely, "Time to put up or shut up!".[/quote]eh ?what on earth are you bleating on about ?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Is that first bit fact or is it opinion?[/quote]

Neither.  It''s  fiction.

[/quote]So you can state that there was NO falling out between Bowkett and Paul Lambert ?I shan''t ask for evidence just you written statement that there wasn''t

I honestly believe both clubs would be in a much better position right now had Villa gone for Hughton and left us with Lambert. Both squads needed complete overhauls to suit the new managers style. Hughton is a much better version of Mcliesh in terms of management style so he could have rejuvenated and brought on what they already had and Lambert could have continued to build on what he created here, maintaining the feel good factor and complete unity the club had at the time.

I''m happy enough with Hughton, I think he''s a decent manager with some extremely strong points and extremely poor points with basically no middle ground but I don''t love the guy either. I wouldn''t have Lambert back at this stage but basically fu(k you Villa!

The question is academic whilst McNally is our Chief Executive.

If McNally were no longer our Chief Executive (and he, too, may move on to a "bigger" club one day) I wouldn''t see a bar to PL coming back.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]The question is academic whilst McNally is our Chief Executive.

If McNally were no longer our Chief Executive (and he, too, may move on to a "bigger" club one day) I wouldn''t see a bar to PL coming back.[/quote]

If he leaves it will be because he''s sacked, he is extremely well paid for what he does here!

"It''s Character Forming"  "Lambert was pushed" - LOLI suggest you read the post above