Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

If Lambert gets the sack from AVFC....

No. He did his time, and now we''re in a new era beyond his means

If he''d come back in the summer and we were now 14th with 18 points from 16 games with the current injury list would that be viewed as successful?

No chance! He would have been sacked for doing a $hit job at a club he decided were bigger than us, and ultimately failing in the premier league with an arguably better quality squad than Hughton had at his disposal.

No - he walked out on us, it''s more than likely he would do again.

We are a different team from when he was manager and who''s to say what worked for him then will work for him now.

I don''t know if he''d be the manager we''d need right now as we''ve now got money and better players. He''s better when the purse strings are tight and the wages are small. I''d need to see more evidence he can hack the big time before i''d be fully convinced but there''s a lot worse out there.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]No i want to remember him for those three yearsI don''t want him to come back and ruin it all[/quote]

This.

No

I remember what a good job he did with championship level players for us for 3 years.  I can also see that he''s struggling to deal with higher-calibre players now, like the ones in our squad.  And the perennial weakness of the defence in his teams continues.  So I don''t think he would do as well as Hughton for us in the Prem.

The greatest of all Canary Managers I would have him back with out a doubt. In the words of Waveney Canary he is indeed the Messiah

No. Managers generally don''t do as well in second spells with their former clubs and I think PL would be no exception to this.

No, it would be Mike Walker syndrome all over.Granted, Hoots is marmite and I still dont personally think he is the real deal with us. I feel there are other people who could get more out of our squad than he is. But the fact is hes our manager.Look back at Lambo and smile, he gave us perhaps the best 3 seasons of football that we will ever witness in our lifetimes. (sad but true !) Happy that I held my season ticket into the League 1 field trip and happy I witnessed the rise through the leagues in person :)

[quote user="canary forever"]The greatest of all Canary Managers I would have him back with out a doubt. In the words of Waveney Canary he is indeed the Messiah[/quote]

Rubbish.

The season and a half under Mike Walker was far superior.

whoareyou? wrote the following post at 16/12/2013 3:44 PM:

canary forever wrote:
The greatest of all Canary Managers I would have him back with out a doubt. In the words of Waveney Canary he is indeed the Messiah

Rubbish.

The season and a half under Mike Walker was far superior.

....... and I''m afraid his return was a failure.

Learn from history!

A big NO from me too, you only have to look at the Villa now, not many fans their are so sure about him now, they are getting worried, and I still believe we have a better manager and we have improved, Villa fans say they can''t see any improvement Benteke has shot his lot with the fans, he too is likely to go next month