Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Worst team 'colours' ... scarves etc

Top has to be those ruddy inflatible budgies''sateen'' scarves in the 70''s that when tied to your wrist soon looked sh iteAlso in the 70''s there were soft plastic hats that looked like the French kepi police hat - total crapScarves knitted by colour blind grannies that were a mix of olive green and orangey yellow

..... and not to forget those clappy things handed out for the WBA game - anyone still got one or takes one to the game ?

best has to be Lil''s collection of enamel badges

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Anything blue and white.[/quote]I was thinking more of the stuff we wore(though given the nature of a few on here I should imagine they are not too unfamiliar with that sort of stuff)inflatable pitchforks, perhaps ?

That got torn and I had to bin it! [:''(]

Loved it. A one off Joe Brown! You won''t find those amongst your tat in M&S Tilly...

nice to see the spirit of Blue Peter is still going strong amongst those who grew up with Valerie Singleton

''make yourself a groovy shirt with just a few old magazines, some sticky back plastic and a couple of toilet roll tubes''

some may wonder where the toilet roll tubes were used ........ until they look at that rather disturbing smile

I''m sure I saw a warning somewhere about dodgy people lifting photos from Facebook. That ones a Billabong! But the guy in the far background looks like he could be another man from M&S....

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I would have liked to have " grown up " with Valerie Singleton[/quote]err, there maybe something you are missing about our Val(the clue might be in the first two syllables of the surname)

a local connection is that Christopher Trace (first BP presenter) later worked on Look East

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

the guy in the far background looks like he could be another man from M&S....

[/quote]

MEGALOL.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Well now City1st I would love to say that was a one off but...................

[/quote]

not folk you would like to see anywhere near the local school gates !

[quote user="lake district canary"]The Norwich scarves I dislike the most are the ones worn by ManUtd supporters...........

[/quote]or the Man Utd scarves worn by Norfolk folk

we used to have some strange hats in the 90''s

yellow and green beanies, half a "football" caps. Yellow cloth hats...

all horrible!

I can remember, taking pride of place on my bonce in the 80s, was a soft cloth cap style with yellow and green segments.

I don''t follow fashion, I set it.

Terry towelling wrist bands. Any toot with ncfc on it and I would buy it. Pocket money depending.

Colours mean a lot to the respective club. I wouldn''t change yellow and green for anything. Have to admit any club in blue and white sets off some tribal urge in my head I have to suppress but it doesn''t really bother me.

I hate Ipswich because they are Ipswich not because of the colors they wear.

On "colours" though, the thing I can''t stand are flares, not because they are colourful, not even because they are dangerous or a health hazard or whatever, it''s just the thought process behind the flare. That the person bringing the flare saw an Eastern European team do it at 5pm on channel 5 on a Thursday and thought it looked good. I don''t know why, but that caveman connection to the "shiny shiny!" Really annoys me. I don''t like immitation that much.

The "scrambled egg" kit worn by the team in the 90''s (around the time of the Europe campaign) was pretty dire by anyone''s standards.BUT.......the grey tartan away kit from the same era trumps it. I remember Chase coming on Radio Norfolk for his weekly chat with dear old Roy Waller and announcing the new kit deal , proudly trumpeting that we were"the first British club to feature a tartan kit", like it was something to be proud of.HOWEVER, on a wider note, does anyone remember Coventry''s awful chocolate brown away offering from the late 70''s ? I think Jimmy ''the chin'' Hill was running the show then and he had some bizarre plan to rename Coventry City into Coventry Talbot, in deference to the car brand built in the city. It has a strange resonance today with all the fuss about Cardiff and Hull with barmy owners advocating name/shirt changes.

err, it''s about the ''colours'' ie scarves, hats rosettes etc Master Reginald  ...... do keepregarding wristbands my nephew had a City wallet come purse thing which was a devil to open ... dodgy velcro

though I suspect as he has gone through a number of wallets and purses over the years (mostly those that belong to other folk) and still has problems opening his wallet I think it is down to himscarves that had us with white in them - there was phase when every club had an extra colour added to their scarves etchow much is still kept would probably surprise a few folkdo think the club should have a charity day sort of thing where every is asked to wear all the old sh ite they still have4

[quote user="City1st"]err, it''s about the ''colours'' ie scarves, hats rosettes etc Master Reginald  ...... do keep

[/quote]Sorry. I honestly though "team colours" also referred to the colours worn by the team !

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]I love the scarf my dead Nan knit me....[/quote]

My mum knit me a green and yellow bobble hat when I was a kid, but the green was a very dark green and nothing like the right shade and I used to walk out of the house with it on to go to to a match and then hide it so as not to look out of place.  I''ve probably still got it somewhere...............

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="City1st"]err, it''s about the ''colours'' ie scarves, hats rosettes etc Master Reginald  ...... do keep

[/quote]Sorry. I honestly though "team colours" also referred to the colours worn by the team ![/quote]it says team "colours" - master reginaldbut hats off to a dead gran that can knit - mostly they tend to just lay there motionless (cue more gags)

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="City1st"]err, it''s about the ''colours'' ie scarves, hats rosettes etc Master Reginald  ...... do keep

[/quote]Sorry. I honestly though "team colours" also referred to the colours worn by the team ![/quote]it says team "colours" - master reginald

[/quote]I''m obviously missing the subtle nuances of these two words, C1st .......

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Let''s be honest, if Norwich didn''t play in yellow & green we definitely wouldn''t be wearing yellow and green clothing as a fashion choice.[/quote]How very true, WOAS.But this raises uncomfortable issues. Taking that to it''s logical conclusion, I''m prepared to bet that you, I and the vast majority of members of this forum own far more Blue and White garments in their wardrobe than Yellow and Green ones .