Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Snoddy and RvW back for Saturday!

I expect RvW to get some time as a sub but this is a great boost just before the rush of games (4 in 10 days) that will stretch the largest of squads.

Apart from having extra bodies available going into the busy Christmas fixture list it''s also good having a couple of quality players to give you options.

Not sure if I''d pitch Snodders in at the SoL.  Quite apart from anything else it would be unfair to drop anyone similar to accommodate him.As for RvW; well it''ll certainly be interesting to see if he gets on the pitch. If he does, then it''ll knock all this "he''ll never kick a ball for us again" stuff well and truly on the head. If he doesn''t...well the rumour mill will shift up a few gears.

I''d have them both on the bench, I think our lineup has been working well the past few games.  It then gives us more options to change it.  Great to have both of them back.

Agree tho that we could really use Tettey back.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

I''d have them both on the bench, I think our lineup has been working well the past few games.  It then gives us more options to change it.  Great to have both of them back.

Agree tho that we could really use Tettey back.

[/quote]

I''d like to see Fer not playing on the left wing personally - maybe move Redmond there, Snoddy on the right and Fer and Howson in the centre. A little harsh on Johnson who was good against Liverpool, but only average against WBA and Swansea.

Of course, could also play Fer were Elmander has been, Redmond on the left and Snoddy on the right. Would give a more solid midfield but might isolate Hooper again.

I personally feel Redmond is twice the player on the right wing so I''m not looking forward to Snodgrass coming back, slowing down our attacks and forcing Redmond over to the right.  I really don''t feel we''ve missed him.

Option 1 for me from Bethnal''s suggestion. Fer and Howson in the middle, Elmander helping them out and linking Hooper. Get Snoddy and Redmond and get them to roam beyond the strikers thus getting them in the game. Hooper to start, RVW given plenty of time off the bench depending how the game is going. Perhaps on for Elmander on 60 odd minutes. Murphy brought on for Snoddy around then to stretch Sunderland further.

Thinking about it. Johnson isn''t perfect, but we need him to cover. Hopefully by summer he''s upped his game or we can get a better version of him.

No chance of that Wiz. Has proved his worth and will be the first name on the team list.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I personally feel Redmond is twice the player on the right wing so I''m not looking forward to Snodgrass coming back, slowing down our attacks and forcing Redmond over to the right.  I really don''t feel we''ve missed him.[/quote]

Didn''t miss him in Belgium anyway..

The midfield will depend entirely on how Houghton approaches the game - if we see Sunderland as being pretty poor and go for the jugular, then Howson and Fer in the middle, two of Snodgrass/Redmond/Hoolahan on the wings (not that I''m a massive fan of Hoolahan on the flank but is an option).

If we decide to keep it tighter, then maybe Fer out wide again, with Johnson and Howson in the middle.

As much as I rate Fer and Howson, I think they both perform better when they''ve got a Tettey or a Johnson giving them some cover - but then you have to take the Elmander role out to play the defensive minded player.

Long term, and depending on injuries, I can see us playing Fer and Howson centrally at home in a 442, and then bringing in Johnson/Tettey away.

praying we dont resort back to the inverted wingers, if snodgrass cant play on the left then he should be benched

id love to see hooper and wolf start together but think its about as likely as the xmas tree fairy im looking at flying off the tree and talking

Keep Hooper and Elmader up front, let the latter work his socks off, rough ''em up a bit then bring on RVW last 20minsNot Fer on wide leftwe should be looking for 6 points in the next two games and we should be approaching both games with that in mindif it''s a point we are playing for then let that be Man Ucome 5pm Jan 1st we should be where Bowkett said, mid table mediocrity

IMO,

Same starting eleven, on the bench, Nash, Garrido, Bennett, Snodgrass, RVW, Hoolahan, Josh Murphy.

If Snoddy''s fit I hope he plays. He and Redmond had been changing wings anyway and that''s the best way forward. I don''t care which side either of them start. I''m afraid that would be Johnson who misses out form me. Put Fer back in central midfield with Howson and Elmander with Hooper up top.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If Snoddy''s fit I hope he plays. He and Redmond had been changing wings anyway and that''s the best way forward. I don''t care which side either of them start. I''m afraid that would be Johnson who misses out form me. Put Fer back in central midfield with Howson and Elmander with Hooper up top.

[/quote]

I would do the same, with RVW to come on for the last 25

Its been really nice seeing redmond on the right, he can beat his man no problem, something we have been lacking for ages. The problem is his crossing, yet the only way this is going to improve is keep playing him there as he''s still got backs of potential.

Snodgrass on the left, early crosses. The only reason why we wouldn''t is to keep a more defensive shape.