Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

30 Highest Paid Managers

BEST-PAID FOOTBALL MANAGERSPublished by Sporting Intelligence1 Pep Guardiola, Bayern Munich, £14.8m2 Jose Mourinho, Chelsea, £8.37m3 Marcelo Lippi, Guangzhou, £8.34m4 Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, £6.89m5 Fabio Capello, Russia, £6.51m6 Carlo Ancelotti, Real Madrid, £6.26m7 David Moyes, Man United, £4.92m8 Tata Martino, Barcelona, £4.5m9 Jurgen Klopp, Borussia Dortmund, £3.59m10 Manuel Pellegrini, Man City, £3.47m11 Jorge Jesus, Benfica, £3.34m12 Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool, £3.25m13 Sam Allardyce, West Ham, £2.95m13 Roy Hodgson, England, £2.95m15 Roberto Mancini, Galatasaray, £2.92m15 Rafa Benitez, Napoli, £2.92m17 Luciano Spaletti, Zenit, £2.75m18 Claudio Ranieri, Monaco, £2.5m18 Laurent Blanc, PSG, £2.5m18 Antonio Conte, Juventus, £2.5m18 Cesare Prandelli, Italy, £2.5m22 Massimiliano Allegri, Milan, £2.34m23 Felipe Scolari, Brazil, £2.3m24 Ottmar Hitzfeld, Switzerland, £2.17m25 Mircea Lucescu, Shakhtar, £2.14m26 Diego Simeone, Atletico Madrid, £2.09m26 Harry Redknapp, QPR, £2.09m26 Joachim Low, Germany, £2.09m29 Walter Mazzarri, Inter Milan, £2m30 Vecente del Bosque, Spain, £1.96mSo where is he ?

"the FA have no right in making Hodgson the 13th highest paid manager. what has he done to deserve that?"

Taken one of the highest pressure and most difficult jobs in world football, where an entire deluded nation believes that their national team has the right to be the best in the world despite having one world class player who is prone to poor form.

A job which then puts a curse on the careers of any man who takes it and almost guarantees that you will be made a laughing stock by our scummy red top newspapers with childish and pathetic jibes and nicknames which stick with them until they day that they die.

That''s why the FA have to make England managers rich.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Allardyce!?!?

Who negotiated THAT contract? Wow.[/quote]I hear That, brother!!

Javier''s Deaf Translator. The FA have no right in making Hodgson the 13th highest paid manager. what has he done to deserve that?

If memory serves me that''s just under half of what the previous incumbent was being paid, despite the fact that he has far more experience of international management. Seems like a bargain if you ask me.

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]Javier''s Deaf Translator. The FA have no right in making Hodgson the 13th highest paid manager. what has he done to deserve that?

If memory serves me that''s just under half of what the previous incumbent was being paid, despite the fact that he has far more experience of international management. Seems like a bargain if you ask me.[/quote]

We must be grateful that every club publishes what they pay their managers - otherwise we would just be reliant upon guesswork to speculate on

ps perhaps someone could point me to the bit in the City accounts where Hughton''s wage is listed - is it next to the bit where it lists exactly what we paid for each player ?

The premier league is surely the best sponsored league in the world with all the sky money etc etc.  So why are there only six premiership managers in the top thirty paid managers?   And what is ''Arry doing on there?

Thought it worth noting that this report also states: "Caveat: The figures used in this report refer to data unofficial, based on press reports".Sporting Intelligence didn''t publish this list, they retweeted it. It''s taken

from some Brazilian sports marketing firm, Pluri Consultoria, whoever they are.But I''m sure the press guess these salaries correctly every time...

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Thought it worth noting that this report also states: "Caveat: The figures used in this report refer to data unofficial, based on press reports".Sporting Intelligence didn''t publish this list, they retweeted it. It''s taken

from some Brazilian sports marketing firm, Pluri Consultoria, whoever they are.But I''m sure the press guess these salaries correctly every time...[/quote]

I knew it couldn''t be absolutely accurate because Redknapp''s dog is not even listed.

I always thought CH would be on about £1m a year. Maybe even a bit less. £850-900k. Who knows.

Worthington was on £600k a year when he was sacked. We paid that up as part of the rolling contract. I remember reading it in the accounts.

"Worthington was on £600k a year when he was sacked"

£600k was his entire payoff, so that paid the duration of his remaining contract, whatever that was.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Worthington was on £600k a year when he was sacked"

£600k was his entire payoff, so that paid the duration of his remaining contract, whatever that was.[/quote]

If it was a rolling contract as the guy above suggests, then £600,000 would have been his annual salary

I''m not sure Worthington was on a rolling contract at that point. I could be wrong but I thought he signed a longer contract?