Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

1st away game

This saturday going to be my 1st away game.

Anyone know how long the bus driver gives u to get on the bus after the game before it set off back to norwich. Is sunderland like 4 hours away on the bus?

[quote user="The Young One"]Brave brave soul.It''s going to be wet & windy[/quote]

I''m really looking forward to the trip. Never been to the SOL before!The best football matches are played in the heavy wind and rain anyway [Y]

You will have time to applaud the players off the pitch, go for a wee and get back to the bus no problem. Enjoy your first away game, mine was Rotherham many years ago. I hope we get a better result.

You should be alright, enjoy it mate, first away games are always special.

saying that, I was too young to remember my first away game.

first one I remember though is watching Robert Green take a backpass, miss it, and letting it go in our own net (pretty similar to the England-USA goal.)

[quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]You should be alright, enjoy it mate, first away games are always special.

saying that, I was too young to remember my first away game.

first one I remember though is watching Robert Green take a backpass, miss it, and letting it go in our own net (pretty similar to the England-USA goal.)

I am not sure watching a game on a stream counts?

ahhh club cabbage!

1. Get the bus with the toilet (the coaches break down often!, you might be thankful if stuck in a layby)

2. Expect the local "Yoofs" shouting loudly, singing ''ardman'' songs and talking constant crap

3. play the sweepstake, it really is the highlight of the journey...

4. swear loudly and make a fuss at the person who takes longer than the alloted break on the way to the game thus delaying the journey and getting you there after kick off...

enjoy it....

Don''t forget to claim your complimentary pitchside pint, Danny. It''s now a little publicised tradition across the league clubs to instruct stewards to turn a ''blind eye'' to drinking by novice away spectators, as long as you''re seated of course.

If there are any uninitiated stewards just tell them it''s your first time at the ground and they can check with their top man. You won''t get any hassle after that.

Remember it well ........ Birmingham away on the day Jimmy Bone made his debut.

Left Norwich in bright sunshine got to St Andrews in the middle of a blizzard!

just under 5 hours by car, be surprised if its anywhere near that by coaching bearing in mind you''ll probably stop a couple of times

I haven''t been on the club coaches for ages but they usually wait for everyone to get on before going back (within reason)

"it''s going to be wet & windy"

that depends on which one of the regulars you sit next to

Luton Town. Mid 80''s. 2-2. Absolute dump of a ground and felt like an animal cage. Nets around the roof to keep the ball in. This was just before David Evans brought in his membership scheme.

A vast difference from a modern away day.

Last time I went to Sunderland it was to Roker Park in the 80s it took 6 hrs on the club cabbage bus with no wc. Buses parked close to the sea front, locals were pretty decent and we won 2nil, not much of a roker roar that day. Lets hope for the same result today.