Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Results went our way once again...

Cardiff, Palace, Fulham, West Ham, all losing, West Brom and Hull dropping points.

Stoke the only team to gain, but that''s OK.... because that''s three defeats in three to Lambert.

We are beginning to look comfortably mid-table, what a difference a few weeks can make, gone from struggling to identify 3 teams worse than us to looking like 10th is a possibility.

We must bring in a couple of faces in January though, every team below us are going to try and rectify their problems.... West Ham would look like a completely different team with a half decent striker (and Carroll will be back at some stage), Fulham are getting Dempsey.

Villa will probably sell Benteke while they can and reinvest the proceeds.

But some shrewd business in January and there is no reason all why we can''t push on this season and start to leave a big gap between the four or five worst in this division.

Hughton In!

36 points could well be enough this season. One thing is certain, a lot of teams won''t get 40 points. At least 5 IMO.

I don''t think i''d be particularly worried if we didn''t invest in January, we''ve been unlucky with injuries this season but with a full midfield back we''re looking better than at least 8 other teams in the league.

With an away record like ours (WBA excepted) a point away from home is never to be sniffed at.But in the back of my mind, there''s a nagging feeling that we really could have won that one ....?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]With an away record like ours (WBA excepted) a point away from home is never to be sniffed at.But in the back of my mind, there''s a nagging feeling that we really could have won that one ....?[/quote]Yes, we had the better chances but that''s football. I''m happy to stay 9 points clear of Sunderland and keep another away clean sheet.This really was a must win for Sunderland

Maintaining this little unbeaten run and getting a clean sheet is a great result away from home against a team that just beat Chelsea in the cup! A win against Fulham and a draw or better against Man U and it''s the perfect Christmas considering how things were looking after the Man City match.

"Yes, we had the better chances"

Not sure I agree with that.... they missed an open goal with no keeper within 20 yards of it, hit the post and were denied a certain goal by a last ditched Turner challenge.

The closest we came to scoring was Hooper having another wonder effort from long range, a goal which he is never expected to score.

Neither team looked particularly clinical in front of goal, could easily have been 3-3 if players on both teams had their shooting boots on.

However, Ruddy was never seriously called into action while their keeper had to make a couple of decent stops and most of their efforts were long range.After the hidings at Man City and Liverpool I''m very happy to start seeing clean sheets.

Considering our miserable record in the north east the point is greatfully accepted. 3 games undefeated too and a cs. Not all doom and gloom.

Spot on Ricardo! clean sheet against the bottom team is something we all aspire to?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Spot on Ricardo! clean sheet against the bottom team is something we all aspire to?[/quote]Man City would have loved one and it''s only the second time in 9 home matches that Sunderland have failed to score.Some of you really don''t seem to understand the bigger picture.

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:32 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Spot on Ricardo! clean sheet against the bottom team is something we all aspire to?

Man City would have loved one and it''s only the second time in 9 home matches that Sunderland have failed to score.

Some of you really don''t seem to understand the bigger picture.

What is the bigger picture RAicky?

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:32 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Man City would have loved one and it''s only the second time in 9 home matches that Sunderland have failed to score.

Some of you really don''t seem to understand the bigger picture.

What is the bigger picture RAicky?[/quote]Look at the league table mate, it tells you all you need to know. Many people were expecting relegation a few short weeks ago after spankings from the big boys. Now we have played a few of the lesser lights a truer picture of reality is emerging.It will always be hard in this league but I''d rather be in mid table boredom than a relegation fight.

The bigger picture is staying in the Premiership Vanwick, something we are on course to do.

The only way that''d change in the remainig two games up to the half way point, would be if we lose both, and Sunderland & Palace win both, plus at least two of Fulham, West Ham, West Brom and Cardiff picking up 4/6 points.

Ginger, I am with you, probably just feeling a bit down but to. Be honest a relegation fight. Offers more excitement than just sitting mid table.

Nigel and his mates will now call me a Binner, up to them, but for me game after game with nothing hanging on it sounds boring.

I will always be a City fan and my season ticket will always be there, but sometimes you have to ask what it''s all about?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Ginger, I am with you, probably just feeling a bit down but to. Be honest a relegation fight. Offers more excitement than just sitting mid table.

Nigel and his mates will now call me a Binner, up to them, but for me game after game with nothing hanging on it sounds boring.

I will always be a City fan and my season ticket will always be there, but sometimes you have to ask what it''s all about?[/quote]

Sh it stirring again Winky..

Who are my mates and where did they call you a binner?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 7:09 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Ginger, I am with you, probably just feeling a bit down but to. Be honest a relegation fight. Offers more excitement than just sitting mid table. Nigel and his mates will now call me a Binner, up to them, but for me game after game with nothing hanging on it sounds boring. I will always be a City fan and my season ticket will always be there, but sometimes you have to ask what it''s all about?

Sh it stirring again Winky..

Who are my mates and where did they call you a binner?

Oh fuck off Nigel