Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Mid table......yeah

So we are definately looking at a mid table finish, we will be safe.

So what does the future hold, hopefully a cup run, beating a big team, bring it on?

Not sure what else we can expect?

As mid table boredom sets in it will be interesting to see what happens to our support, I guess the core support will be there, the glory hunters will come from time to time and we will just trundle along.

What about this board, all the positive posters, negative posters, will drop off to be left with a few posters who probably genuinely want to be here for a chat , rather than all the second accounters who now have created a polarisation which is based on comic card characters, like Warren, Buh and many others.

There will be people like Chops who want to show off to a small audience, will probably help their self esteem but little else.

What fun!

Really? do pick up on other comments or have a bit of original thought occasionally Herman ?

What''s you view of the future my friend?

I reckon some people will join the board just to seek out characters they don''t like and have a row with them.

I reckon the future is bright for us City fans.

Herman wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:20 PM:

What''s the point of this thread other than stirring?

Future? Boring but stable.

So is that not an issue Herman?

Winky has already admitted he joined this board to sh it stir. His future is limited because of that. It''s never too late to change but this thread proves nothing''s changed yet..

[quote user="Vanwink"]Do you want mid table boredom Warren?[/quote]Bring it on.At least half a dozen clubs below would love to swap.

Think its a bit premature to suggest we will be finishing mid table and staying up, there is still a lot of games to play and a hard run in to cope with, but we are certainly moving in the right direction and with players returning from injury the outlook looks a lot better than a few weeks ago.

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:28 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Do you want mid table boredom Warren?

Bring it on.

At least half a dozen clubs below would love to swap.

Will you enjoy it Ricky?

excuse me but I thought it was all about survival for newly promoted teams, consolidate for the first 3 or 4 seasons then work on aiming higher, I will be happy to finish around the middle again

pete_norw wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:32 PM:

excuse me but I thought it was all about survival for newly promoted teams, consolidate for the first 3 or 4 seasons then work on aiming higher, I will be happy to finish around the middle again

So what are we actually, realistically aiming for Pete?

I love being a mid table prem team while that shower down the road get neck ache looking up at us.

I also love being able to watch top players like Fer and Hooper wear the yellow and green.

I dislike the silly levels of expectation spending a few quid brings, I dislike the impatience of some of our support but all in all, while not as "exciting" as the anything can happen championship, I''m pretty satisfied with our lot at the moment.

It''s no good busting a gut to get to the promised land only to crash and burn in a Blackpool style gung-ho gamble and then never look like getting back.

We''re doing it the right way, building slowly but surely. Or so it seems at the moment. A few dodgy results will have us looking over our shoulder again but that''s football and I still think we''ll stay up pretty comfortably.

Warren Hill wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:35 PM:

I love being a mid table prem team while that shower down the road get neck ache looking up at us.

I also love being able to watch top players like Fer and Hooper wear the yellow and green.

I dislike the silly levels of expectation spending a few quid brings, I dislike the impatience of some of our support but all in all, while not as "exciting" as the anything can happen championship, I''m pretty satisfied with our lot at the moment.

It''s no good busting a gut to get to the promised land only to crash and burn in a Blackpool style gung-ho gamble and then never look like getting back.

We''re doing it the right way, building slowly but surely. Or so it seems at the moment. A few dodgy results will have us looking over our shoulder again but that''s football and I still think we''ll stay up pretty comfortably.

Good post Warren! that does show something to lift the spirits.

If you read the thread, rather than taking pot shots at me, some of which are not accurate, I am talking about the prospect of mid table boredom.

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:28 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Do you want mid table boredom Warren?

Bring it on.

At least half a dozen clubs below would love to swap.

Will you enjoy it Ricky?[/quote]Winky old pal, I attended CR through the sixties and if I could stick a decade of largely second division dross I can certainly enjoy watching my team compete with the top teams in the country. Yes we always want better but that''s a lot easier to achieve now we are rolling in quids than it was through all those years of penury.This last 5 years has been the best consistent patch in my entire life of supporting City so personally I''m very happy indeed.[:D]

swindoncanary wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:41 PM:

"mid table boredom" I''m still looking how far we are from the bottom !

So what are you looking forward to next season Swindon?

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:42 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:28 PM: Vanwink wrote: Do you want mid table boredom Warren? Bring it on. At least half a dozen clubs below would love to swap. Will you enjoy it Ricky?

Winky old pal, I attended CR through the sixties and if I could stick a decade of largely second division dross I can certainly enjoy watching my team compete with the top teams in the country. Yes we always want better but that''s a lot easier to achieve now we are rolling in quids than it was through all those years of penury.

This last 5 years has been the best consistent patch in my entire life of supporting City so personally I''m very happy indeed.

A good consistent patch eh Ricky? Good stuff.

Don''t state that I have been supporting this club for years so I am better than you angle, you write great reports and are a big fan, so am I.

I was going to Orient away mid week, Southend away when we went down so I am not up to you standard but still am ok?

I really enjoyed getting where we are but not so sure the future looks as good.

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:42 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:28 PM: Vanwink wrote: Do you want mid table boredom Warren? Bring it on. At least half a dozen clubs below would love to swap. Will you enjoy it Ricky?

Winky old pal, I attended CR through the sixties and if I could stick a decade of largely second division dross I can certainly enjoy watching my team compete with the top teams in the country. Yes we always want better but that''s a lot easier to achieve now we are rolling in quids than it was through all those years of penury.

This last 5 years has been the best consistent patch in my entire life of supporting City so personally I''m very happy indeed.

A good consistent patch eh Ricky? Good stuff.

Don''t state that I have been supporting this club for years so I am better than you angle, you write great reports and are a big fan, so am I.

I was going to Orient away mid week, Southend away when we went down so I am not up to you standard but still am ok?

I really enjoyed getting where we are but not so sure the future looks as good.[/quote]Indeed fellow old timer but being long in the tooth we know that the good times don''t last for ever with a club like NCFC. I''m happy to ride the wave for as long as it goes, the turning will come soon enough. It always has.Lets try to enjoy it.[;)]

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:55 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:42 PM: Vanwink wrote: ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:28 PM: Vanwink wrote: Do you want mid table boredom Warren? Bring it on. At least half a dozen clubs below would love to swap. Will you enjoy it Ricky? Winky old pal, I attended CR through the sixties and if I could stick a decade of largely second division dross I can certainly enjoy watching my team compete with the top teams in the country. Yes we always want better but that''s a lot easier to achieve now we are rolling in quids than it was through all those years of penury. This last 5 years has been the best consistent patch in my entire life of supporting City so personally I''m very happy indeed. A good consistent patch eh Ricky? Good stuff. Don''t state that I have been supporting this club for years so I am better than you angle, you write great reports and are a big fan, so am I. I was going to Orient away mid week, Southend away when we went down so I am not up to you standard but still am ok? I really enjoyed getting where we are but not so sure the future looks as good.

Indeed fellow old timer but being long in the tooth we know that the good times don''t last for ever with a club like NCFC. I''m happy to ride the wave for as long as it goes, the turning will come soon enough. It always has.

Lets try to enjoy it.

Yes we must and you are right, I just miss the challenge of getting promoted and achieving something which is actually possible for us! I guess we can look forward to a good cup run now but not sure what else!

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:55 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:42 PM: Vanwink wrote: ricardo wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 6:28 PM: Vanwink wrote: Do you want mid table boredom Warren? Bring it on. At least half a dozen clubs below would love to swap. Will you enjoy it Ricky? Winky old pal, I attended CR through the sixties and if I could stick a decade of largely second division dross I can certainly enjoy watching my team compete with the top teams in the country. Yes we always want better but that''s a lot easier to achieve now we are rolling in quids than it was through all those years of penury. This last 5 years has been the best consistent patch in my entire life of supporting City so personally I''m very happy indeed. A good consistent patch eh Ricky? Good stuff. Don''t state that I have been supporting this club for years so I am better than you angle, you write great reports and are a big fan, so am I. I was going to Orient away mid week, Southend away when we went down so I am not up to you standard but still am ok? I really enjoyed getting where we are but not so sure the future looks as good.

Indeed fellow old timer but being long in the tooth we know that the good times don''t last for ever with a club like NCFC. I''m happy to ride the wave for as long as it goes, the turning will come soon enough. It always has.

Lets try to enjoy it.

Yes we must and you are right, I just miss the challenge of getting promoted and achieving something which is actually possible for us! I guess we can look forward to a good cup run now but not sure what else![/quote]It was always going to be a bit of an anti climax after those 2 promotion seasons. They were probably the most exciting years in our history and its hard to keep up that level of entertainment.The only thing I really want to see now before they scatter my dust at CR is to have our name on the FA Cup.But even for that I wouldn''t take relegation in part exchange.

I think I would to Ricky.

Not sure that they allow ashes scattering on the semi plastic turf?

Hopefully they do.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I think I would to Ricky.

Hopefully they do.[/quote]I think you will find that it is allowed. A bit of a morbid thing to talk about but It will be the only time I''ve ever been on the pitch apart from the time I dodged round a Policeman after our 3-2 6th round victory over Sheff Utd in 1959.It would round off things nicely but not for a while yet, I hope.[:D]

What''s the best we honestly could aim for at the moment? We haven''t the money or manpower for a top six push. Anywhere from eighth downwards is a realistic goal, even eighth is pushing it.

Relegation is a no-no as that would destroy all the hard work of the last few season''s.

Mid league boredom is where we need to be sadly. It''s not tempting but that''s this league for you. It''s pretty much a closed shop for clubs like us. Unless you know any billionaire City fans.

Your are right Herman and it is sad to be mid table with nothing really much else to look forward to.

As Ricky said a cup run is the big thing we might look forward to! and on balance I think I like him would take relegation to win a cup at Wembly. That''s just talking as a fan and not someone who has to worry about the finances of the club and all that stuff.

Probably worth another thread, but I would take a bit of silverware and the potential excitement of another promotion fight.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Vanwink"]I think I would to Ricky.

Hopefully they do.[/quote]I think you will find that it is allowed. A bit of a morbid thing to talk about but It will be the only time I''ve ever been on the pitch apart from the time I dodged round a Policeman after our 3-2 6th round victory over Sheff Utd in 1959.It would round off things nicely but not for a while yet, I hope.[:D][/quote]

Let''s hope not.