Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

SUNDERLAND vs NORWICH MATCH THREAD

Draw away is always good. We really missed Howson today, hope he''s fit for Fulham…

0-0good point - but again a disappointing performance

Deservedly last on MOTD tonight

Sunderland are fighting for their lives after a great result at West Ham. They desperately needed to win today.

This is a great result for Norwich. Well played boys! We are picking up steady points and have started a run.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

A draw is good for us, what is just as important is the red to Brown. That is one of their defenders down for three games over a very busy period.

Another thing - Whittaker, really not on great defensive form today, especially right at the end.

Really poor performance, didn''t show up in he second half. Still a point away from home is good.

Reminded me if the draws away to reading and qpr last season (also both 0-0) yet this one more acceptable as Sunderland had their tails up.

Important not to allow bottoms sides 3 points and possible momentum. Good result

Winced at the replay of browns challenge even though I''d already seen hooper was ok. Good call that by the ref... I think a few thousand Sunderland fans may change their mind when they see it later.

All in all can''t complain with a point away from home

It was a good point. Played poor second half but ground it out. Good to see Ricky get some game time.

Turner had a good game. Ruddy solid.

Decent point. But we had the potential to win all three there yet we sat back and played for a 0-0 draw yet again. First half we looked good and caused them some problems. Points there for the taking in the last two games. Not impressed.

@Iron_Stan: You seem to have a bit of an issue.

So the reason why we were poor is because Sunderland are rubbish and we should be giving them a good stuffing?!!

They beat Chelsea earlier in the week. They must be rubbish.

Before the game how many people would have taken the draw?

Sunderland have some very good players. Giaccherini is an Italy international player for example. They are in very bad shape, mainly due to the start to their season.

Yes we should feel that this is one of the games we have more of a chance to win, but the important thing is not to lose.

@JoeyBarton: When exactly does a team become ''established'' in the Premier League?

After one season? Two? Three?

I don''t believe we went out second half for a point. I believe we went out in the second half to build on our progress in the first half but to insure we didn''t concede any to them either.

2nd half was far more end to end, and perhaps saw us create more clear cut chances on the break.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I see David Cameron has predicted a 2-0 win for the Canaries. If that happens I will vote Conservative.[/quote]PHEW!!!

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 10:20 PM:

PurpleCanary wrote:

I see David Cameron has predicted a 2-0 win for the Canaries. If that happens I will vote Conservative.

PHEW!!!

You obviously thought you were onto a safe bet lol!