Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Lucky Points this season

I''m losing track of all the "lucky" points we''ve accumulated this season and, as things go, I find making a list is helpful to help me remember. So, according to the Norwich City fans on this board...
  1. One lucky point

yesterday
  2. Three lucky points at WBA, who should have scored four
  3. Two at Stoke, where we were clinging on at the end and deserved to draw
  4. One against Cardiff where Ruddy

made the best save of the match
  5. Three against West Ham where Jaskelainen gifted us a match we were otherwise certain to lose
  6. Two against Palace, who we let back into the match 2nd half and deserved to draw with
That''s 12 points we''ve luckily accumulated this season.  Taking that into account, and the impact on goal difference, our record should in theory look like this:

20 Norwich p17 w1 d2 l10 f15 a34 gd-19    pts 5
Perhaps we should appoint boxing-style scoring systems where each ten minute block a mark out of ten is given and then we can go to the "scorecards of justice" at full time.  You could do this on a big screen (except at our tinpot ground, hey) to add extra "Strictly Come Dancing"-style drama to the end of each match.Or, as Napoleon famously said the best general was a lucky general - perhaps Hughton''s the man to keep long term?

But on the flip side me Chops, you could say:

1) unlucky we didn''t get a penalty against hull and poor referee.

2) unlucky to be playing Tottenham when we did. They are title contenders

3)unlucky against Villa. Any other day the chances would''ve went in

4) unlucky against Chelsea because the talent on there bench. unlucky that injury forced Jose to change tactic. Potential title contenders

5) arsenal- see point 2

6) Unlucky that the Cardiff goalkeeper had the best game if his life.

7) Man City. See point 2 & 5.

8) Unlucky that Newcastle hasn''t scored from a corner in 2 yrs but decided to against us

9) Liverpol. See points 2/5 & 7.

I see both sides of the argument and am very much on the fence with the whole in or out debate. But there is always another side to the coin.

[quote user="Barry the boy"]But on the flip side me Chops, you could say:

1) unlucky we didn''t get a penalty against hull and poor referee.

2) unlucky to be playing Tottenham when we did. They are title contenders

3)unlucky against Villa. Any other day the chances would''ve went in

4) unlucky against Chelsea because the talent on there bench. unlucky that injury forced Jose to change tactic. Potential title contenders

5) arsenal- see point 2

6) Unlucky that the Cardiff goalkeeper had the best game if his life.

7) Man City. See point 2 & 5.

8) Unlucky that Newcastle hasn''t scored from a corner in 2 yrs but decided to against us

9) Liverpol. See points 2/5 & 7.

I see both sides of the argument and am very much on the fence with the whole in or out debate. But there is always another side to the coin.[/quote]1) Couldn''t beat or even draw with 10 man Hull City.2) Parked the bus against Tottenham, didn''t try to win.3) Villa''s first clean sheet in 27 games against our poor attacking side, Hughton out

4) Threw the Chelsea game away by trying to go for it, awful, shouldn''t have made changes5) arsenal- see Chelsea6) Cardiff - couldn''t break them down, pathetic7) Man City - spineless surrender, didn''t even try8) Dreadful defending and lack of attacking threat against Hughton''s old club, 9) Liverpool - see Man City

Barry, it''s almost as if I know you!!!! You see things so similarly to some of the guys I see at games.

I see you''re on the fence regarding Hughton, of course he will be replaced one day, what type of manager would you like to see at the club?

Personally I don''t think there is much out there at present.

Maybe someone who grabs the bulls by the horns in terms of tactics and makes more proactive changes during the game. That''s my main worry with Hughton.

I honestly don''t know. Maybe an Eddie Howe in a few year? Learning his trade and may deserve a crack in the prem?

Lucky Hughton then?

Personally I don''t know what ''lucky'' is.

I always thought that it was ''Lucky'' Thompson until somebody told me it was Nucky.