Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Match Fixing Today?

I think it was just frustration and maybe he fancied some time off over the festive period.

Had he repeatedly punched Ricky in the balls I''d have been more suspicious. Or if he''d stood on his toe.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]Bizarre red card tackle by Brown on RVW so late in the game.....possibly a good example of an individual trying to match fix?[/quote]One benefit of the stupid money premier league players earn is I think it makes them virtually incorruptible. Think it was simply a stupid challenge.

Lets hope so. Despite my OP I don''t actually think it will be a problem in the Premier League - The players already earn a lot of money, and there is too much focus on their actions.

It will more likely be a problem in the lower leagues...examples must be made of the players recently caught out.

Trouble is now each time there is a suspect challenge..it makes you think.

As somebody above said... EPL players earn too much to get away with this.

Even the greediest most braindead imbelice is going to want a hundred grand, and that means lots of money would need to be placed on the red card bet to make it profitable enough.

In the lower leagues where you have players on five hundred quid a week it is much more likely.

I doubt it goes on much in our game, although clearly it does as shown by the recent scandal. Some of the foreign leagues are terribly corrupt though, referees are bought as standard practice in some places.

[quote user="Le Juge"]As somebody above said... EPL players earn too much to get away with this.

Even the greediest most braindead imbelice is going to want a hundred grand, and that means lots of money would need to be placed on the red card bet to make it profitable enough.

In the lower leagues where you have players on five hundred quid a week it is much more likely.

I doubt it goes on much in our game, although clearly it does as shown by the recent scandal. Some of the foreign leagues are terribly corrupt though, referees are bought as standard practice in some places.[/quote]
Yeah, I know there ahve been scandals everywhere but Turkey has had a pretty bad lot with match fixing over the last couple of years. The tFF seem to have cleaned up their house now, but Aziz Yildirim, the Fenerbahce Chairman is currently in jail for match fixing. Fenerbahce spent 10mill on Emineke and then he was implicated when the match fixing scandal broke, so they sold him again a week or two later, without him ever kicking a ball for them (That was a few years back and they bought him back in the summer). Fenerbahce and Besiktas both got bans from European competition too because if it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Turkish_sports_corruption_scandal << That link gives some idea as to how widespread it was across that league., 
I think in the grand scheme of things, we''re pretty incomparable to that.

Three match ban his club in a desperate position, his manager wants all hands to the pump to save the club, and Brown does this, well if I was Poyet I would slap A months wages fine on him and force him to come out publicly and apologies to all concerned, inc RVW.