Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Malky told to walk or be sacked !

Chicken, the Cardiff website says he owns 51% which would explain a few of your issues.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/club/Club_Ownership/

Very hypocritical posting on here. Tony Fernandes was well abused on this forum for pumping way over the top money into QPR. Now Vincent Tan is refusing to be taken as a mug in the same way as the owner of AirAsia he gets abuse heaped upon him.

As a very wealthy businessman, Tan employs people to keep an eye on his businesses. In this case it was Iain Moody who has obviously failed in his brief to take care of the owner''s interests and has paid for it with his job.

Now Malky, having way overspent his budgets, has come back for more and then owner has quite rightly told him where to get off.

Football needs more people like Vincent Tan to stand up to the egomaniacs ruining football with their excessive financial demands.

It is symptomatic of Broken Britain to think you can spend money you don''t have.

Tan could have just said there''s no more money available in jan and that would have been the end of the story

It''s the fact that he''s said Malky must resign or be sacked after replacing the chief scout with a 23 yr old that makes him look like a total idiot.

[quote user="Pitchforks & Torches"]Jas, Tan is the 2nd biggest penis. Waveney is the first with his stupid post. He can fek off first.

I have been reading your posts for a while and have been trying to come up with a polite sentence to describe you. This is the best I could come up with.

I think you may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

[quote user="Pitchforks & Torches"]Jas, Tan is the 2nd biggest penis. Waveney is the first with his stupid post. He can fek off first.

I have been reading your posts for a while and have been trying to come up with a polite sentence to describe you. This is the best I could come up with.

I think you may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

One of those all too frequent stories where literally no-one comes out with any credit.Tan, with a majority shareholding on his side unquestionably has the financial right here, but clearly knows nothing about running football clubs, nor does he evidently know anything about putting the right people in charge of  organising the show there either.On the other hand, Mackay has obviously behaved like an @rse of the highest order,overspending by at least 25%, and clearly we are not privy to what he''s been spinning in the background. Not something, if I was in Tan''s position, I''d frankly be prepared to tolerate.But the "resign or be sacked" stuff is just bizarre. No other word for it.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Very hypocritical posting on here. Tony Fernandes was well abused on this forum for pumping way over the top money into QPR. Now Vincent Tan is refusing to be taken as a mug in the same way as the owner of AirAsia he gets abuse heaped upon him.

As a very wealthy businessman, Tan employs people to keep an eye on his businesses. In this case it was Iain Moody who has obviously failed in his brief to take care of the owner''s interests and has paid for it with his job.

Now Malky, having way overspent his budgets,
has come back for more and then owner has quite rightly told him where to get off.

Football needs more people like Vincent Tan to stand up to the egomaniacs ruining football with their excessive financial demands.

It is symptomatic of Broken Britain to think you can spend money you don''t have.[/quote]Whether the budget was overspent is a matter of dispute. According to Mackay and Moody it wasn''t. Of course they would say that. But if there was an attempt to overspend then the Tan appointee whose job it was to tot up the figures and so say "no was not Moody but the CEO, Simon Lim. And if he didn''t spot the potential overspend then he should have paid for it with his job. But he is still there.

Another example why the FA/Premier League need to adopt the Bundesliga rule that fans must own at least 51% of any club (except in the case of Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, who have always been owned and run by Bayer and Volkswagen). It hasn''t stopped millionaire investors pumping money into unfashionable clubs (Hoffenheim) or Bayern/Dortmund becoming massive global ''brands''. But it does stop people ripping the heart and soul out of a football club, changing their indentity/colours, and making ridiculous decisions like this. The Cardiff fans who were happy to buy the red shirts/scarves because they believed it was ''progress'' for their club must be feeling very silly now. With the inevitable backlash that will follow this, it''s only a matter of time before Mr. Tan loses interes in his little plaything and Cardiff go the way of Leeds, Pompey and Blackburn. But at least they''ll come out of administration owned by local people and playing in blue again.Next time you hear anyone slagging off our board, remind them of hoe grateful they should be

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]Another example why the FA/Premier League need to adopt the Bundesliga rule that fans must own at least 51% of any club (except in the case of Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, who have always been owned and run by Bayer and Volkswagen). It hasn''t stopped millionaire investors pumping money into unfashionable clubs (Hoffenheim) or Bayern/Dortmund becoming massive global ''brands''. But it does stop people ripping the heart and soul out of a football club, changing their indentity/colours, and making ridiculous decisions like this. The Cardiff fans who were happy to buy the red shirts/scarves because they believed it was ''progress'' for their club must be feeling very silly now. With the inevitable backlash that will follow this, it''s only a matter of time before Mr. Tan loses interes in his little plaything and Cardiff go the way of Leeds, Pompey and Blackburn. But at least they''ll come out of administration owned by local people and playing in blue again.Next time you hear anyone slagging off our board, remind them of hoe grateful they should be[/quote]There is a slightly less radical solution that some clubs might even agree to. To have a supporter-director with a golden-share veto over the kind of heritage issues you mention.

Literally could not care less about Cardiff or Malkay I''m afraid.

Not our problem.

I just saw a post on facebook suggesting we take banners along to the next home game in support of Malkay. What a joke!

[quote user="Buh"]Literally could not care less about Cardiff or Malkay I''m afraid.

Not our problem.

I just saw a post on facebook suggesting we take banners along to the next home game in support of Malkay. What a joke![/quote]Agree up to a point, Buh, but on the basis that we are likely to be in the mix for the relegation places, and so are Cardiff, doesn''t the prospect of one of our rivals self-destructing (à la Blackburn) bode well for us ?

I could dig up endless threads from the history archive of this message board from people who were hell bent on replacing our majority shareholder with anybody due to the size or their supposed chequebook. I lose count of how many calls for investment there were (especially in the championship years). Plenty of us made solid representations at the time that some of these owners were not quite what they seemed, we were shot down in flames with fag packet accounting and delusions of grandeur that these knights in shining armour were going to bring to us. Portsmouth, Birmingham, Blackburn and even Ipswich (to name a few - believe me there were more as well ) were quoted as examples that we should follow. Bottom line is we are a Premier League club, we stood firm with the people we had, that had the clubs best interest at heart and now we are sitting in the same division witnessing exactly the reason we didn''t want nor need one of those owners.

I''m not going to call out the names of the people who had these views, but they must now accept that we had a point. The situations you see in the premier league with shirts changing colour, and club names trying to be altered at a whim could have so easily been at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Buh"]Literally could not care less about Cardiff or Malkay I''m afraid.

Not our problem.

I just saw a post on facebook suggesting we take banners along to the next home game in support of Malkay. What a joke![/quote]Agree up to a point, Buh, but on the basis that we are likely to be in the mix for the relegation places, and so are Cardiff, doesn''t the prospect of one of our rivals self-destructing (à la Blackburn) bode well for us ?[/quote]

That''s fine but I think we will be much higher up the table than Cardiff and the whole premise behind this thread is, basically "WAAA I want Malkay to be manager WAAAA!"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]Another example why the FA/Premier League need to adopt the Bundesliga rule that fans must own at least 51% of any club (except in the case of Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, who have always been owned and run by Bayer and Volkswagen). It hasn''t stopped millionaire investors pumping money into unfashionable clubs (Hoffenheim) or Bayern/Dortmund becoming massive global ''brands''. But it does stop people ripping the heart and soul out of a football club, changing their indentity/colours, and making ridiculous decisions like this. The Cardiff fans who were happy to buy the red shirts/scarves because they believed it was ''progress'' for their club must be feeling very silly now. With the inevitable backlash that will follow this, it''s only a matter of time before Mr. Tan loses interes in his little plaything and Cardiff go the way of Leeds, Pompey and Blackburn. But at least they''ll come out of administration owned by local people and playing in blue again.Next time you hear anyone slagging off our board, remind them of hoe grateful they should be[/quote]There is a slightly less radical solution that some clubs might even agree to. To have a supporter-director with a golden-share veto over the kind of heritage issues you mention.[/quote]Good suggestion, I have long been an advocate of a ''fans representative'' on the board of directors at Carra Rud. I have no idea on how the person would be selected though!

As so often Purple you are the voice of reason !

Whatever as spent in the Summer would have had to be cleared by somebody, not just Malky running up the club credit card.

Any club that doesn''t budget for anything in January (even if its just a few million) probably deserves to get relegated.

NorfolkChance this has little relevance on the foreign owner debate , you just need to get a good one !

[quote user="Buh"] the whole premise behind this thread is, basically "WAAA I want Malkay to be manager WAAAA!"[/quote]Are you reading the same thread as me Buh ??!!To me this thread is merely illustrating what a shambles the whole Cardiff thing, and how Tan/Mackay have contributed to this fiasco.Sure, there are a few who''ve championed Mackay as our next manager (not me, btw), but that is not what this thread is about .....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]Another example why the FA/Premier League need to adopt the Bundesliga rule that fans must own at least 51% of any club (except in the case of Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, who have always been owned and run by Bayer and Volkswagen). It hasn''t stopped millionaire investors pumping money into unfashionable clubs (Hoffenheim) or Bayern/Dortmund becoming massive global ''brands''. But it does stop people ripping the heart and soul out of a football club, changing their indentity/colours, and making ridiculous decisions like this. The Cardiff fans who were happy to buy the red shirts/scarves because they believed it was ''progress'' for their club must be feeling very silly now. With the inevitable backlash that will follow this, it''s only a matter of time before Mr. Tan loses interes in his little plaything and Cardiff go the way of Leeds, Pompey and Blackburn. But at least they''ll come out of administration owned by local people and playing in blue again.Next time you hear anyone slagging off our board, remind them of hoe grateful they should be[/quote]There is a slightly less radical solution that some clubs might even agree to. To have a supporter-director with a golden-share veto over the kind of heritage issues you mention.[/quote]

We have a supporter on the board. Her first name is Delia.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]Another example why the FA/Premier League need to adopt the Bundesliga rule that fans must own at least 51% of any club (except in the case of Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, who have always been owned and run by Bayer and Volkswagen). It hasn''t stopped millionaire investors pumping money into unfashionable clubs (Hoffenheim) or Bayern/Dortmund becoming massive global ''brands''. But it does stop people ripping the heart and soul out of a football club, changing their indentity/colours, and making ridiculous decisions like this. The Cardiff fans who were happy to buy the red shirts/scarves because they believed it was ''progress'' for their club must be feeling very silly now. With the inevitable backlash that will follow this, it''s only a matter of time before Mr. Tan loses interes in his little plaything and Cardiff go the way of Leeds, Pompey and Blackburn. But at least they''ll come out of administration owned by local people and playing in blue again.Next time you hear anyone slagging off our board, remind them of hoe grateful they should be[/quote]There is a slightly less radical solution that some clubs might even agree to. To have a supporter-director with a golden-share veto over the kind of heritage issues you mention.[/quote]

We have a supporter on the board. Her first name is Delia.[/quote]

I know, I''ve missed the point - but does she have 51% shares or more? If so the point stands.

Doesn''t this whole Tan/Mackay affair just highlight the real problem, that there are far too many people on this planet with far too much money, to the extent that they can buy and sell football clubs just as children would swap from one hobby to another?

These people can have little, or no, regard for the history of a club or the thousands of fans who are lifetime supporters or followers.

Too many Premiership clubs have become playthings for the mega-rich.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]Another example why the FA/Premier League need to adopt the Bundesliga rule that fans must own at least 51% of any club (except in the case of Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, who have always been owned and run by Bayer and Volkswagen). It hasn''t stopped millionaire investors pumping money into unfashionable clubs (Hoffenheim) or Bayern/Dortmund becoming massive global ''brands''. But it does stop people ripping the heart and soul out of a football club, changing their indentity/colours, and making ridiculous decisions like this. The Cardiff fans who were happy to buy the red shirts/scarves because they believed it was ''progress'' for their club must be feeling very silly now. With the inevitable backlash that will follow this, it''s only a matter of time before Mr. Tan loses interes in his little plaything and Cardiff go the way of Leeds, Pompey and Blackburn. But at least they''ll come out of administration owned by local people and playing in blue again.Next time you hear anyone slagging off our board, remind them of hoe grateful they should be[/quote]There is a slightly less radical solution that some clubs might even agree to. To have a supporter-director with a golden-share veto over the kind of heritage issues you mention.[/quote]

I know, I''ve missed the point - but does she have 51% shares or more? If so the point stands.

[/quote]I get your point. Don''t forget MWJ though, after all he is the man who introduced football and NCFC to Delia in the first place!I think we should be thankful that we have local, committed owners, but would still like to see season ticket holders/members represnted on the board somehow

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]Another example why the FA/Premier League need to adopt the Bundesliga rule that fans must own at least 51% of any club (except in the case of Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, who have always been owned and run by Bayer and Volkswagen). It hasn''t stopped millionaire investors pumping money into unfashionable clubs (Hoffenheim) or Bayern/Dortmund becoming massive global ''brands''. But it does stop people ripping the heart and soul out of a football club, changing their indentity/colours, and making ridiculous decisions like this. The Cardiff fans who were happy to buy the red shirts/scarves because they believed it was ''progress'' for their club must be feeling very silly now. With the inevitable backlash that will follow this, it''s only a matter of time before Mr. Tan loses interes in his little plaything and Cardiff go the way of Leeds, Pompey and Blackburn. But at least they''ll come out of administration owned by local people and playing in blue again.Next time you hear anyone slagging off our board, remind them of hoe grateful they should be[/quote]There is a slightly less radical solution that some clubs might even agree to. To have a supporter-director with a golden-share veto over the kind of heritage issues you mention.[/quote]

[/quote]Yes. But the original point being raised was about changing the whole basis for the ownership/control of clubs. With that in mind my golden-share supporter-director idea is aimed at the long-term future for clubs in general, and in terms of Norwich City specifically at the post-Smith and Jones era.

I read on the BBC that Tan is flying into the UK, apparently to sack Malky. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25464611From the article;Chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate to succeed the 41-year-old and Tan''s permission to strike a deal. The target is understood to be a household name at another British club.1) I wonder who this mystery household name is? Or is that a bluff?2) Who would want to work under that nutcase of a setup?Redknapp?

Maybe Malkay is lined up by West Ham? Allardyce is living on borrowed time and Malkay is a hero there as well.

I''ve seen ''arry do stranger things but i don''t know why he''d dump QPR now, they''re going well.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I read on the BBC that Tan is flying into the UK, apparently to sack Malky. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25464611From the article;Chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate to succeed the 41-year-old and Tan''s permission to strike a deal. The target is understood to be a household name at another British club.1) I wonder who this mystery household name is? Or is that a bluff?2) Who would want to work under that nutcase of a setup?Redknapp?[/quote]

oh please,please please please

@Jimmy Smith: Malky a hero at West Ham? I think that''s pushing it by a long way.

He was at West Ham for one season playing 18 times before March and then none after. I believe he was seen as a bit of a failure there - according to the hammers fans I know anyway. Far from a hero that is for sure.

The nub of this whole issue is around "ownership". Allowing individuals to buy a club and to technically assume ''ownership'' of it in the way you or I might own a car, is asking for trouble. That is why some mechanism, such as in the Bundesliga as mentioned, is needed to prevent this happening. Some people have been on this and other Cardiff related threads saying that because Tan "owns the club" he can do as he pleases. But think about that. What right has some rich guy from the other side of the world who knows nothing of a club, its background, history and community... to turn up and proceed to turn the club inside out and totally disrupt the club? Oh, what, he has every right because he''s rich? No, b@ll@cks, he doesn''t own the club, the fans are the true long term owners of the club and we need to find a structure and mechanism that reflects that corporately and in business terms.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]1) I wonder who this mystery household name is? Or is that a bluff?2) Who would want to work under that nutcase of a setup?[/quote]Glenn Roeder - come on down... [:D]