Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Malky told to walk or be sacked !

You cant make this stuff up, its like you are watching the heart and soul being ripped out of a football club.......the owner will take over team selection next!  

Lets hope they sink back to where they belong, and take their silly red shirts with themI shan''t lose too much sleep over Malky, he will get his contract paid up so will not be short of a bob or two  As with Blackburn and hopefully Hull as well

Makes a mockery of the FA''s fit and proper tests really doesn''t it?

The record of dodgy chairmen only appears to be growing.

Tan though is mighterly daft. I''m surprised that he has been able to do as much as he has considering his shares only add up to 36.1%. I''d be right miffed as a Cardiff fan, that the other shareholders are not revolting over this.

He''s already changed their traditional colours and badge and tried to influence team decisions.

What a crook. I hope Malky stands up to him and takes the sacking.

The bloody cheek in asking him to resign.

dont know what the contract situation is but you would expect they will have to pay off his contract if they sack himwhy the hell would anyone quit in that situtation

tans an idiot who looks like a bad stunt double from temple of doom

On the flip side, playing devils advocate here, Malky had a 35m budget, then supposedly spent 50m... then... King Malky publically states he wants to spend more money in January, possibly knowing the chairman wouldn''t agree to it, therego putting "his boss" in line for public hate when the inevitable happened.I''m not saying the chairman isn''t at fault here, he''s a joke, but just remember... he is the boss, he''s the one with the cheque book and I would be fuming if somebody overspent my money, then went public about spending more without consulting with me first. Sackable in the real world.

if he is the one with the cheque book, the boss etc then how was this money overspent ?was there no accountants or more importantly the company legal people checking the contracts ?are we in Redknapp territory perhaps ?it certainly all sounds a bit fishy

For a Manager to come out a fortnight before the transfer window saying he wants to sign 3 players, would normally mean that the talks between Manager and Owner/Chief Exec etc would have taken place weeks ago,and players identified/agents approached.

For the Manager to publicly state that is either, the Owner lying, or the Manager ''manipulating'' the situation to make himself look good

I fail to see how this is Malkys fault. He brought in players in the summer yes, but the owners have to sign those deals off, it''s not like Malky has a company credit card. Shock horror the manager wants some new players in january to bolster their bid for survival and a well run business would have some money set aside for this that wasn''t available to Malky in the summer.

Even if he quits I would imagine Tan will have to pay him out as surely it''s constructive dismissal? Some of the very worst of foreign ownership rearing it''s head again.

As Tan has turned Cardiff into a global brand surely there will be no shortage of high profile suitors for a much sort after job in South Wales ? [:P]

I dont know much about Cardiff but they did finish 4th in the Championship 2009-10 and Tan took over in may 2010. So when they lost to Blackpool in the playoffs they had already made some progress . It''s not as if Tan was responsible for their rise in previous years (unless he had already been pumping in cash?) so it''s seems there may have been a bit of Malaysian Bangwagon Jumping?

Does anyone know anymore info? I''m sure I could google it but frankly CBA.  

My suggestion to people is to read the interview with Malky that Tan got ''upset'' over.

Essentially Malky was asked the same question any manager is at this time of year along the lines of ''are you looking to strengthen in January''.

Malky''s response was stock, straight out of the FA Guide to how a manager should respond to standard questions.

Pretty much along the lines of ''I will have to speak to the board and see what money is available'' and then goes on to suggest that if able, he would like to strengthen the spine of the team, Str, CM and a CB.

Hardly earth shattering. The response from Tan was well over the top.

Any experienced chairman would see that, perhaps even smirk, and take it as it was - nothing.

There is so much money in the game now that it is making people act very strangely. The drop into the championship is such a massive drop in revenue that club owners are desperate and will do anything to stay in the premier league

Its quite hilarious that some people on this forum were in fact backing Tan and complimenting him on what a good businessman he is. Someone on here even interviewed him I think?

It''s evidently clear as Brendan Rodgers has said, that he''s clearly an astute Businessman but knows fuck all when it comes to football.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]It''s worth remembering that changing manager can work for the club rather than against it.

Cardiff could finish top half.[/quote]You seriously think any manager who could do anything worthwhile is going to be attracted to a club that sacks its head scout for an inexperienced numpty?

[quote user="hogesar"]Its quite hilarious that some people on this forum

were in fact backing Tan and complimenting him on what a good

businessman he is. Someone on here even interviewed him I think?

It''s evidently clear as Brendan Rodgers has said, that he''s clearly an

astute Businessman but knows fuck all when it comes to football.[/quote]You don''t have to be an astute businessman to be mates with influential politicians who sell you undervalued state assets upon privatisation

All I''m doing is repeating what many other posters have mentioned, that is that a change of manager can work positively as well as negatively.

If that''s true in the "if we sack Houghton" scenario, why should it be different in the Malky scenario?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]All I''m doing is repeating what many other posters have mentioned, that is that a change of manager can work positively as well as negatively.

If that''s true in the "if we sack Houghton" scenario, why should it be different in the Malky scenario?[/quote]I don''t want Hughton sacked but I reckon there''s a big difference between sacking a manager because you think he''s underacheiving or want to try something new like West Brom, and sacking a manager because you are a egotistical mentalist.West Brom is a better comparison to us than Cardiff and we''ll have to see how they get on.

Literally how many threads do we need on woeful candidates that people think would be better than Hughton but would be blatant failures.

Your comparison could be right Dandy but the point surely remains that if it''s true for one club it''s true for another. Changing the manager could work for rather than against them. AVB had the best winning % of any Spurs manager in recent history, sacking him could work either way though, couldn''t it?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Your comparison could be right Dandy but the point surely remains that if it''s true for one club it''s true for another. Changing the manager could work for rather than against them. AVB had the best winning % of any Spurs manager in recent history, sacking him could work either way though, couldn''t it?[/quote]Sure any change in manager could end up better than the previous one, depends on the quality of the old occupant and the ability of the board to pick a good replacement.Villa could have replaced McLeish with any old fart and the fans would have seen it as a step up, while Moyes is finding Man U fans hard to please, different clubs have different circumstances, and different amounts of potential managers that would be an improvement. Fans who want Hughton out just happen to have a difference of opinion on how likely we''d be to get a better manager in by replacing him mid season compared to you and I.