Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Whittaker

Barry The Boy,

Ses stats posted earlier;

Ave Passes per Game - RM 45.5 SW 26.6

Pass Success % - RM 80.4 SW 76.1

Accurate Long Ball per Game - RM 2.7 SW 2.0

Plus of course RM covers two positions and is Club Captain and a natural leader, in my opinion, and that of many of the players.

So fait accompli?

Would keep RM as cover for CB & RB if we can get a better RB, if we can for the money we can afford to pay fee wise and salary wise.

Would also keep him around the club for as long as poss and would think about grooming him as a coach and future manager.

Herman,

Don''t have this info to hand but guessing Whitts'' is better, but then it does depend on how far back you want to go, if you include sub appearances, etc. Although I''m not sure what the relevance would be. A win ratio depends on the entire team including subs. Surely individual stats are more appropriate if we are comparing two individual players. Two teams or two managers then the win ration is very telling.

[quote user="Ray"]Barry The Boy,

Ses stats posted earlier;

Ave Passes per Game - RM 45.5 SW 26.6

Pass Success % - RM 80.4 SW 76.1

Accurate Long Ball per Game - RM 2.7 SW 2.0

Plus of course RM covers two positions and is Club Captain and a natural leader, in my opinion, and that of many of the players.

So fait accompli?

Would keep RM as cover for CB & RB if we can get a better RB, if we can for the money we can afford to pay fee wise and salary wise.

Would also keep him around the club for as long as poss and would think about grooming him as a coach and future manager.[/quote]Surely it''s a bit biased to point out that Martin can "play" in two positions (using the most lenient use of the term) and fail to mention Whittaker can play at left back, right wing and central midfield making him a far more versatile squad member?

Holtcantshoot,

A fair point but I for one wouldn''t want us to have to rely on Whitts palying in any of those positions regularly, with the poss exception of left back, whereas I would be resonably happy to have RM play at either RB or CB (he plays there for Strachan), furthermore he is actually one of our four CB''s and one of our two RB''s, whereas Whitts is not our 1st or second choice for any position other than RB, hence the point I made that we would potentially need to buy two players to replace RM and only one to replace Whitts.