Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

John Ruddy

Back to his best after the loss of confidence (understandably). Looked very reliable, commanding his area, taking catches, good positioning and great shot stopping.

But needs to look at his decisions to come out of his goal a bit. Contributed to Swansea''s goal last week and what was he doing rushing out today?! But good to have you back John

Quality keeper but we need to consider some kind of bungee and attach it behind his goal, rushing out not one of his (many) strong points

I was watching through my fingers until Ki chipped it over!

If that chance had fallen to Larsson it would have been a goal 9 times out of 10.

It was a moment of madness from a player who otherwise almost always seems to make the right decision.

If they had scored from that though would have been played everywhere and damaged his World Cup prospects.

[quote user="Le Juge"]If that chance had fallen to Larsson it would have been a goal 9 times out of 10.

It was a moment of madness from a player who otherwise almost always seems to make the right decision.

If they had scored from that though would have been played everywhere and damaged his World Cup prospects.[/quote]

The best he can hope for is to go as number 3. Hardly worth worrying about

Of course it is, if he is in the frame for the squad he will feature in one of the friendlies beforehand, and he gets to go to Brazil not as a fan but as a player!

I''m pretty sure he would be rather keen to go!

[quote user="Le Juge"]Of course it is, if he is in the frame for the squad he will feature in one of the friendlies beforehand, and he gets to go to Brazil not as a fan but as a player!

I''m pretty sure he would be rather keen to go![/quote]

He deserves to go on merit, but unfortunately players are not normally selected like that, now Ben Foster is back playing at WBA Wroy will be keen to bring him in as he recently talked foster out of international retirement, our John may be unlucky

From behind the goal you could see why he thought he could get there first and then felt he was committed and had to try to shepherd him away from goal.  It was a real piece of skill by their player to get the ball across but fortunately their striker in the centre fluffed it, even if he''d got in under the bar it was heading straight at Turner.  A better striker would have scored it but then that''s what football is all about... how good your players are, I always find it weird when people say "so and so would have scored"... so what ?

Overall a very solid performance although he wasn''t under too much pressure.  But it''s pretty obvious he does have to rethink his judgement on coming out of goal.