Sign in to follow this  
carrow77

What do NCFC fans really expect?

I am a season ticket holder & I''m just wondering what some fans really expect from us season?

I am a realist and a great believer in putting things in perspective. We have just picked up 4 points away from home( it doesn''t matter that we only played Sunderland btw) and drawn against a good Swansea team with strong away form.

Realistically we are better than or on an even keel with 6-8 teams in this league currently. We should hope to finish 12th at best or 16th at worst this term and that in my view is perfectly acceptable.

Given our current points return I think we should expect 4 points in the next 3 Xmas games and that will ensure we are in good shape for my above predictions.

Any comments on what others really expect this year, we are not going to be top 10 contenders at this moment in time?

Mid table mediocrity seems to be it mate.

What else can we expect.

Now that''s not anti Norwich before a few dictatorial old guard jump in, it''s just the reality!

A sensible post from the OP. Unrealistic expectations cause massive problems for Clubs across the land.

I''ve seen in here people suggesting that we should expect to beat Sunderland away. Likewise I''ve had an argument with a guy earlier who was of the view that it was ''unacceptable'' that we had ''only'' drawn with Cardiff and Swansea.

IMHO people need to be less like consumers and more like supporters, understand that every point is hard earned at this level, and get behind their Club.

That style of football supporter seems to be dying a death Beefy. Much of the blame for this can go to the PL and a certain amount to the member clubs all of which promote the consumer idea.

Football supporters still influence games in the lower leagues though..

It''s a strange season, this year I really wouldn''t be surprised where we end up, it could be as high as 9/10th, but equally we could easily slip into those bottom 3 spots. Home form is key and we are picking up some priceless points on the road at the moment aswell. The draw at Sunderland is a bl00dy good result IMO. People saying it''s not good enough, put it this way- if you were a Sunderland fan and you have got to start picking up wins, Norwich would be one of the sides most of their fans would want to play, thinking it''d be one of their best chances of getting a win, so for us to go there and get anything is a very positive result. My final position prediction is 13th, which would be very good!

I expected mid-table or just above, but below Europa League (hopefully).

I think the quality of our playing squad has surpassed the quality of our management team so under this regime the best we can hope for is survival. However, when Hughton''s contract runs out, I think we should look for an improvement.

I''d take 17th now, but think we''ll finish where are currently sit: 14th.

A bit of skill, flair and entertainment is what I go to the game to see. It''s such a shame these are such a rarity these days.However if we''re going to keep Captain Charisma in charge as seems likely I''m happy with current form.

I don''t expect anything. To many variables - Injuries , players leaving, and luck plays its part. But at a guess I suspect we will finish in the lower half, but fairly comfortably survive. I think we are doing ok at the moment.

What I would like is to nick a Europa league spot within the next 3 yrs.

I''m intrigued to know who these mid-table squad players are. Ruddy,Fer? Who else - players go to who pays the best - with a player budget around the relegation zone, we have players around the relegation zone and results around the relegation zone. CH is outperforming.

I expect to be where we currently are, or slightly above that position.

Just looked at results so far...

In our last 12 games - we have only lost to teams in the current top 6.

If we only lose to those teams every year that is huge success, as we do not have their spending power.

Dream all you want, but it''s not going to happen.

A cup run is all we can dream for success whilst in the top flight

I expect us to be in the slot 10th to 15th, the higher the better. It would be nice to give the odd side a real good tonking and a few less of the mega defeats against the top notch would be nice. The odd cup run would be nice but Europa league is a long way off and do we really want it, a few different teams to see but not cash to be made and sure to dent the premier league performances

I would love us to be consistently in the territory of Swansea and Southampton ... never with fears of relegation and capable of causing any club problems.

I think we could get there but not under CH ... despite his good signings.

Swansea - the one and only club who has outperformed NCFC given their financial resources and I understand they have subsidised facilities; and Soton who have been heavily subsidised. It may be what some people expect but clearly what some people expect is the highly unlikely.

I expect premiership football and steady and gradual improvements to the side season on season, eventually resulting in a cup win within 7 years.

The current set up shows no reason why this should not be acheiveable.