Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Has there ever been a more prominent "whipping boy"

Than Johan Elmander?

There has obviously always got to be a player taking loads of flak, it just seems to be the way in some fans psyche, but this guy has got it far more than others.

Comments like "E may luk like ol'' Graant olt'' but e dunt play nuthin lyke im buh!" are akin to "Your not my real dad! You can''t tell me what to do!"

Do some fans just need to hug it out or something?

If he carries on playing like he did against Swansea people will start to shut up. Probably.

[quote user="Buh"]Than Johan Elmander?[/quote]What about the poor old Doc?I still miss him. [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]If he was still here we''d be top six by now! [+o(]

It''s probably because he was poor in a good few games earlier in the season - and people were frustrated that no one else was getting a look in (becchio) despite these poor performances.

Lately however he has been performing much better and is deservedly ahead of Becchio in the pecking order. All he needs now is a goal and most will shut up.

Just Imagine if docherty looked a bit like grant holt! Then he''d have been really screwed

Does anyone remember the backwards volley elmander nearly scored from against palace? The one that came off the bar and would have been a goal of the season contender? Got ZERO press because the Becchio lovers were too busy supporting him and not the rest of the team.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]That was cunning Lappinitup, you didn''t mention which Division[/quote]

Or Top 6 in penalties conceded

Think it was 67 to be precise. With 302 freekicks given away on the edge of the area.

The reason some "fans" are getting on Elmander''s back is that they are tw@ts and have not got a footballing clue,

I don''t remember that, but I do love how precious fans get when players give a bit back.

I''d say the most prominent whipping boy we''ve had in that role was probably Iwan Roberts in his first season at Carrow Road. He then lost a bit of weight got fully match fit and became a cult hero. Johan reminds me a bit of the off-form Roberts, though whether at his age he has the capability and drive to get fully fit remains to be seen.

He has now gone almost half a season (playing in most of those games) without scoring.

A poor poor effort by anyone''s standard especially as he is a forward!!

A more deserved whipping boy u could not find

Probably one of our most over rated players as well by some people. The thing is you give Becchio the run of games Elmander has had this season I bet you he would have put in the same performances if not better and more goals to his name. No one can really judge Becchio properly as he hasn''t had enough games. There isn''t much difference in both at the end of the day.

The reason he didn''t get much praise for the flick attempt against Palace was because as you said Buh ''nearly'' went in.

[quote user="hazza9"] No one can really judge Becchio properly as he hasn''t had enough games. There isn''t much difference in both at the end of the day.[/quote]Strange logic.If we can''t judge Becchio properly as he hasn''t enough games, how do you know there isn''t much difference between him and Elmander?I would guess our manager picks the players he thinks are likeliest to have a positive effect on the game, and he clearly prefers Elmander to Becchio.  That suggests there is a fairly big difference between them, as otherwise we wouldn''t have signed Elmander on loan for a season and would just have used Becchio.

[quote user="Waveney canary"]He has now gone almost half a season (playing in most of those games) without scoring. A poor poor effort by anyone''s standard especially as he is a forward!! A more deserved whipping boy u could not find[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/Ti42/media/Smilies/Trolls/troll_spray.jpg.html][IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/Ti42/Smilies/Trolls/troll_spray.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

A strange one was Lee Croft - POTS but also received a lot of flack at the same time. And looking how his career has gone since he left us, it was possibly justified. Did score a brilliant goal against Ip5w1ch though - not just skillful but also because it made Roeder clap like a girl!

Ok, again ignoring the replies for a moment.

Yes of course there has been a more prominent whipping boy than Elamnder. I don''t see how anyone could think he''s the most prominent whipping boy we''ve even had this year, let alone ever.

There are a few strange people who seemingly quite obviously don''t actually understand football as much as they''d like to think they do and are very very harsh on him. Most, and it is most, appreciate the work he does. He''s a players player, not a fans player. He''ll never be very popular, he doesn''t bang goals in for fun. Considering it took Hooper a few to score, RVW didn''t in his few games after Everton its not surprising at all Elmander hasn''t scored. He''s hardly ever in the box, and some people just don''t understand that. They haven''t managed to work out that forwards aren''t just there for scoring.