Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Hooper and the Wolf

Reading the article about RvW coming back got me thinking. Now the two of them are back and available, should it be the case that we now spend the rest of the season trying to work out a way of playing them together. Elmander is only on loan and Becchio not really in the picture. They are each out biggest outlay in terms of transfer fee. Surely they are both our future and surely if we could find a way to get them to play together that would be the ideal scenario. Difficult though, as do they naturally complement each other? Are either versatile enough to play in a role other than central striker and still be effective. Im not a big fan of playing strikers out of position in the hope you get their striking talents, as I think for the most part it doesnt work. But maybe this is something we should persevere with if they are the future. Interesting that when RvW came on against Sunderland, he seemed to play the deeper role, though that was probably circumstantial.

That is literally the first time I''ve seen you make a comment without self-harming over Paul Lambert, pansy.

[quote user="Buh"]That is literally the first time I''ve seen you make a comment without self-harming over Paul Lambert, pansy.[/quote]

I didn''t want to state the obvious but if the Messiah was in charge they would have been paired up from the beginning rather than playing that useless tool Elmander

So he would have played an injured Hooper?

And then an injured RVW?

If you''re going to troll at least try and have a tiny amount of common sense.

I am really looking forward to seeing RvW and Hooper together but please, please Chris Hughton play two wide men on the right sides that they can attack wide and get in crosses for those two to attack.

Please don''t play inverted wingers, Snodgrass right, Redmond left, because if you do it will not work!

Give our two strikers room to work.

Hucks was something special to be fair. Could you imagine what we could have done as a club with hucks providing the ammunition holt firing the bullets and lambert providing the leadership. It would have been he greatest canary side of all time

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Hucks was something special to be fair. Could you imagine what we could have done as a club with hucks providing the ammunition holt firing the bullets and lambert providing the leadership. It would have been he greatest canary side of all time[/quote]

If you''re under the age of 12 maybe.

Beefy is a legend wrote the following post at 24/12/2013 11:03 AM:

I can''t remember too many complaints when Hucks played in virtually his whole NCFC career as an inverted winger...

No complaints about Hucks but at the time he played so did Rivers, Jonson, Bentley, Croft, Chadwick and perhaps others I have missed, who were all conventional wingers.

Yes, we perhaps have one inverted winger, but not two! The attacking options are severely limited that way by creating no space in the final third and crowding ourselves out of the opposition penalty area.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Hucks was something special to be fair. Could you imagine what we could have done as a club with hucks providing the ammunition holt firing the bullets and lambert providing the leadership. It would have been he greatest canary side of all time[/quote]

If you''re under the age of 12 maybe.

[/quote]Many a true word spoken in jest.

"Hucks was something special to be fair. Could you imagine what we could have done as a club with hucks providing the ammunition holt firing the bullets and lambert providing the leadership. It would have been he greatest canary side of all time"

Where''s that laughing smilie?

Cheers, I needed a laugh.